Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hawg Ball is back!

Started by Arazorbackguy1, November 14, 2016, 08:45:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

This is how you handle a Sisters of the Poor type team. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Slater

I've seen SIU quite a bit, they are not bad. Barry Hinson can coach, this was a good win!
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

rzrbackramsfan

This team is so freakin fast.

Danny J

You can see the talent all the way down the roster from top to bottom

Knot2brite

The ability to shoot consistently will determine this team. I am not ready to proclaim them the second coming of hawg ball. Nolan's best teams were known for their defense and running the ball but his best teams had the ability to shoot consistently from outside. After they drew teams out, then they attacked the basket and guys like Corliss etc were able to finish. Mikes teams have not been able to consistently shoot from outside, and not just the three ball. Being able to draw teams out by shooting the mid range jumper will cause teams to actually have to defend outside the paint. Teams just pack into the lane and rebound our misses because they haven't been able to hit those shots. While this team seems to have the ability to hit those shots against two lesser teams, the proof will be when they hit those shots on the road at a equal or higher talented team
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2016, 09:09:12 pm
You can see the talent all the way down the roster from top to bottom

I agree. They are young but the talent is there. Going to be a lot of fun to watch this season.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

hawgrunner

Looking forward to this teams future.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Little Lady Back on November 14, 2016, 09:31:37 pm
I agree. They are young but the talent is there. Going to be a lot of fun to watch this season.

Not young. Not close to young. Some inexperienced at this level. But this is a very veteran team for current college basketball.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 14, 2016, 10:33:07 pm
Not young. Not close to young. Some inexperienced at this level. But this is a very veteran team for current college basketball.

Agreed. Hannahs, Kingsley, Beard, and Manny all provide much needed leadership. Trey played important minutes as well.

You can tell that the experienced guys have had a huge impact on the new guys. Forgot about Thomas having high d1 experience and a year in the system.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 14, 2016, 10:46:43 pm
Agreed. Hannahs, Kingsley, Beard, and Manny all provide much needed leadership. Trey played important minutes as well.

You can tell that the experienced guys have had a huge impact on the new guys. Forgot about Thomas having high d1 experience and a year in the system.

Yep. Thomas played over a 1000 minutes at CU. Good experience to add.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danny J

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 14, 2016, 10:46:43 pm

And even the freshman look like they are catching on quick. I see zero hesitation from Jones. He looks ready from day one but that doesn't mean he is perfect instead I think it means the experience and maturity around him and the other young guys will serve them well. Jones may be the best most underrated player we have signed since Thurman. I hope that's the case.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2016, 10:53:03 pm
And even the freshman look like they are catching on quick. I see zero hesitation from Jones. He looks ready from day one but that doesn't mean he is perfect instead I think it means the experience and maturity around him and the other young guys will serve them well. Jones may be the best most underrated player we have signed since Thurman. I hope that's the case.

It's nice to have hope again. I really hope that they play up to their potential this season.

HogFoo

you are right, in years they are not young,  especially with the jucos, butI think the guy meant to say ,  is the teams time together , very short, and still new to one another.  We all know how it takes jucos time to adjust.  Them going overseas was the best thing they could have done this year in order to build continuity.   This team is playing well already and as the season goes they will get much much better.  Remember how sonny Weems didn't become a star until very late in his jr yr after transferring.  Could name a few others.   Jesse pate had a good transfer that went quickly.   He was the top scoring juco when he came to the hogs and picked up where he left jucos.  So, I am hoping these guys all pick up where they left jucos, and continue to get better and better and show everyone why they were 3 of the top 4 jucos and why Mike wanted them here.  I soo hope that this team kicks some serious azz for Mike and for us Hog fans this year!  I really think by the end of the year that this team will be so good that they will make at least, the sweet 16.  I'm also going to predict that we beat UK in their own house this year!  :) go hogs!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Little Lady Back

November 15, 2016, 06:13:13 am #13 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:41:50 am by Little Lady Back
Quote from: HogFoo on November 15, 2016, 12:30:09 am
you are right, in years they are not young,  especially with the jucos, butI think the guy meant to say ,  is the teams time together , very short, and still new to one another.  We all know how it takes jucos time to adjust.  Them going overseas was the best thing they could have done this year in order to build continuity.   This team is playing well already and as the season goes they will get much much better.  Remember how sonny Weems didn't become a star until very late in his jr yr after transferring.  Could name a few others.   Jesse pate had a good transfer that went quickly.   He was the top scoring juco when he came to the hogs and picked up where he left jucos.  So, I am hoping these guys all pick up where they left jucos, and continue to get better and better and show everyone why they were 3 of the top 4 jucos and why Mike wanted them here.  I soo hope that this team kicks some serious azz for Mike and for us Hog fans this year!  I really think by the end of the year that this team will be so good that they will make at least, the sweet 16.  I'm also going to predict that we beat UK in their own house this year!  :) go hogs!

Great post, HogFoo!! You are right and thanks for clarifying. I should have phased my post better but I could not have said it any better than you!

#NolanRichardsonCourt

Little Lady Back

November 15, 2016, 06:45:35 am #14 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:11:46 am by Little Lady Back

My apologies. I should have used the word inexperienced, not young.  :razorback:
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Tortfeasor

Looks like we finally know how to play defense. A ton of deflected/intercepted passes. In fact, so many that I though AA was their point guard for a minute. I kid, I kid. I really do like AA.