Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tonight's Game

Started by The Hogfather, November 14, 2016, 08:36:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Is it only Watch ESPN as well?

FineAsSwine

razorhead94

Hard to believe a game of this magnitude is not on SEC Network.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

The Hogfather

I wish we could still get some local coverage for games like this.

Danny J

Buy a Roku...you will be glad you did. I have one already and ordered another.

The Hogfather

Danny J

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 14, 2016, 09:34:32 am
What's that?
Streaming TV and tons of apps like watchespn free. Also streams in HD and both are 4K and super fast. I also have AT&T uverse with high speed wireless data so that helps. I still use my directv in all 4 rooms with HD DVR but I love the new Roku. I have a Roku 4 and just bought the new Roku Ultra.

doctordon51

My wife found a Roku at Wal Mart last Thanksgiving for $25.  Best money spent in a long time.  Planning on getting another 1 this year.  Can get Hogs plus a lot of other games  on Watch ESPN.

navyhog24

Will CJ Jones be playing tonight?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2016, 10:18:33 am
Streaming TV and tons of apps like watchespn free. Also streams in HD and both are 4K and super fast. I also have AT&T uverse with high speed wireless data so that helps. I still use my directv in all 4 rooms with HD DVR but I love the new Roku. I have a Roku 4 and just bought the new Roku Ultra.

I have UVerse and the Watch ESPN app on my phone.  So, this allows me to plug the Roku into my TV and watch the Watch ESPN app on my TV for free?  What else do I get?

Hawg Red

Quote from: navyhog24 on November 14, 2016, 10:38:14 am

Believe Coach said he might be out a week or two, so doubtful.

Danny J

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 14, 2016, 10:41:16 am
I have UVerse and the Watch ESPN app on my phone.  So, this allows me to plug the Roku into my TV and watch the Watch ESPN app on my TV for free?  What else do I get?
Yes BUT your television provider has to offer the SEC network if you want to watch SEC+ games through watchespn. I have directv so when setting up watchespn I select directv as my provider because when I select AT&T uverse it won't allow me to watch sec+ games. It says user invalid.

You can get the Roku 3 for pretty cheap. I would get a 4 or the Ultra and they are around $95. They use dual core processors and are super fast. You can download all kinds of apps I Mainly use it for Netflix and watchespn or youtube.

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 14, 2016, 11:07:47 am
Yeah I think he will be out till after turkey day. It's sucks because he is missing out on valuable game experience against some these lesser teams.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2016, 11:16:49 am
Yes BUT your television provider has to offer the SEC network if you want to watch SEC+ games through watchespn. I have directv so when setting up watchespn I select directv as my provider because when I select AT&T uverse it won't allow me to watch sec+ games. It says user invalid.

You can get the Roku 3 for pretty cheap. I would get a 4 or the Ultra and they are around $95. They use dual core processors and are super fast. You can download all kinds of apps I Mainly use it for Netflix and watchespn or youtube.

If I watched the last game on my phone, I should be good with UVerse, right?

I'm not sure if it is really worth it for me, but I really want to watch this game.  :)

The Hogfather

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2016, 11:17:44 am
Yeah I think he will be out till after turkey day. It's sucks because he is missing out on valuable game experience against some these lesser teams.

Yep, that is too bad.  He needs all of the experience he can get against these teams.  We need him to be involved for us to be really good.  I think he can provide great scoring punch off of the bench.

hawgrunner

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2016, 10:18:33 am

Being out of state and having no cable, I use SlingTV and it works great these past two years getting 90+% of the games.

The Hogfather

Chromecast and Roku the same thing?  Which is better?  Also, how do they differ from SlingTV?

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 14, 2016, 11:07:47 am
Mike said he could have played last game, but held him out as a precaution. We should win tonight by 20+ points, we won't need him tonight. However, MA said he is ready to go.

The_Iceman

If you have an android phone, get a Google chromecast. So easy. Just pull it up on your phone and click the cast button. No boxes, no remotes. All from your phone. Cheap and easy.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 14, 2016, 10:41:16 am

If you have AT&T Uverse for cable you can stream the game on any PC. I have an HDMI cable from a laptop to my television and it works perfect. When you go to www.watchespn.com it will have you choose Uverse as your provider and you are up and running.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 14, 2016, 11:41:23 am
If you have an android phone, get a Google chromecast. So easy. Just pull it up on your phone and click the cast button. No boxes, no remotes. All from your phone. Cheap and easy.

I have an iphone.  It doesn't work with those?

The Hogfather

Quote from: k.c.hawg on November 14, 2016, 11:57:14 am
If you have AT&T Uverse for cable you can stream the game on any PC. I have an HDMI cable from a laptop to my television and it works perfect. When you go to www.watchespn.com it will have you choose Uverse as your provider and you are up and running.

What about from an ipad?

Hawg Red

Quote from: jry04 on November 14, 2016, 11:36:46 am
Mike said he could have played last game, but held him out as a precaution. We should win tonight by 20+ points, we won't need him tonight. However, MA said he is ready to go.

Good to hear and agree what we don't need him out there until he's absolutely 100%.

Danny J

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 14, 2016, 11:19:17 am
If I watched the last game on my phone, I should be good with UVerse, right?

I'm not sure if it is really worth it for me, but I really want to watch this game.  :)
Yes...you should.

Hog-Corleone

Apple TV also has the Watch Espn App.   You can also broadcast any app from your Iphone or Ipad to the TV with it, as long as you are connected to the same WIFI.  If you have an android or Google phone, you can get an app called AirParrot, and you can broadcast from your android phone to the Apple TV as well.

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Danny J

Quote from: hawgrunner on November 14, 2016, 11:28:19 am
Being out of state and having no cable, I use SlingTV and it works great these past two years getting 90+% of the games.
Now I am not an expert on these devices but from what I understand the best thing about roku is the ability to watch all the apps and programs from sling and all the other devices not named apple.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 14, 2016, 12:12:15 pm
What about from an ipad?

On the Ipad you will need to go to the itunes store and download the watch espn app. It's free. Then when you initially launch the app it will ask you for your cable provider...choose Uverse and you are on your way.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2016, 12:23:18 pm
Now I am not an expert on these devices but from what I understand the best thing about roku is the ability to watch all the apps and programs from sling and all the other devices not named apple.

You are probably correct.  Roku probably is the way to go, i was just giving options.  Some people are strictly Apple, and some may already have an Apple TV, or access to one.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 14, 2016, 12:12:15 pm
What about from an ipad?
If you don't have any of the other options, you can get a Lightning Digital Adapter that can allow you to hook up an HDMI cord to your iPad and TV. I found this one online, I'm sure there are cheaper options.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter

The Hogfather

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 14, 2016, 12:34:18 pm
If you don't have any of the other options, you can get a Lightning Digital Adapter that can allow you to hook up an HDMI cord to your iPad and TV. I found this one online, I'm sure there are cheaper options.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter

Thanks, guys!

hogwood

I posted a link and guess it was censored... So never mind I do not have a link to free streaming.

The Hogfather

Do I have to put brackets around CENSORED?  :)

skinnypig

I have an apple tv for streaming. But it still sux that they are not on tv where you can DVR the game.

hawgrunner

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2016, 12:23:18 pm

For our tv in our family room we have the Amazon Fire TV that host the apps.

earshot

Quote from: skinnypig on November 14, 2016, 02:01:08 pm
I have an apple tv for streaming. But it still sux that they are not on tv where you can DVR the game.

That's what I have a problem with. I don't watch to much live tv. DVR everything and watch when I have time.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: hawgrunner on November 14, 2016, 02:10:14 pm
For our tv in our family room we have the Amazon Fire TV that host the apps.

With WatchESPN, you can replay the game later, I know you can't keep it forever like that, but you do have the ability to watch it later.

RaisinHog

They just said on the radio that it would be on TV on.SEC alt now they could be confused

hoglady

Quote from: RaisinHog on November 14, 2016, 04:35:47 pm
They just said on the radio that it would be on TV on.SEC alt now they could be confused

I just heard the same thing - I checked my SEC alt channels and it's not showing it's going to be on - but I'm going to check at game time just in case they were right.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

k.c.hawg

Some people interpret the (+) in SEC+ to indicate SEC alternate. 

My DirecTV menu does not show it either. Hopeful for those that don't have Watch ESPN, that it does come on.

Danny J

Quote from: k.c.hawg on November 14, 2016, 04:51:41 pm
Some people interpret the (+) in SEC+ to indicate SEC alternate. 

My DirecTV menu does not show it either. Hopeful for those that don't have Watch ESPN, that it does come on.
And on top of that unless it is pre-scheduled the SEC and ESPN never switch it over. I used to think it was a directv only problem but it's not

poloprince

Quote from: navyhog24 on November 14, 2016, 10:38:14 am

MA said after game one that he would. He said CJ could have played Friday, but he just held him out.
$PoLoPrInCe$

AirWarren

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 14, 2016, 09:19:00 am
I wish we could still get some local coverage for games like this.

Yup. Channel 7 Jefferson pilot.

hawgrunner

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on November 14, 2016, 04:29:04 pm
With WatchESPN, you can replay the game later, I know you can't keep it forever like that, but you do have the ability to watch it later.

yes, i have espn app loading on there.

TNhogfan

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 14, 2016, 12:11:37 pm
I have an iphone.  It doesn't work with those?
Yes, Chromecast works with iPhone.  I cast games from mine all of the time.  Actually besides WatchESPN, BTN, P12Now, FoxSportsGo and CBS Sports all work from iPhone with Chromecast.  NBCSports is supposed to, but it never seems to work right. 

hogmolar

Every pass Hazen made was deflected tonight in some way. Needs to get better against better competition.