Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boxscore...

Started by Swinesong1, October 28, 2016, 09:12:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

Dusty with 3 FT misses. That may not happen again all year

Pigasaurus

1 for 18 on 3 pointers???????????? Jeez, people from the crowd shooting from halfcourt would have a higher percentage than 6%.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Swinesong1

I only hope Bailey doesn't get disgruntled. Very productive in only five minutes tho.

parallaxpig

Quote from: pigasaurus on October 28, 2016, 09:25:35 pm
1 for 18 on 3 pointers???????????? Jeez, people from the crowd shooting from halfcourt would have a higher percentage than 6%.

Yeah that was ugly. Definitely more talent than last year especially at the 4 spot. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

jjdlc

Quote from: pigasaurus on October 28, 2016, 09:25:35 pm

Still managed to win by 27.  Hopefully that says something positive about our scoring inside the arc.

The_Bionic_Pig

Duke (preseason #1) won by a 31pt margin but looked absolutely horrid against ciaa Virginia State U ....what is going on with teams tonight ???
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PonderinHog

Barford's eight rebounds looks interesting.  Hannahs' floater must have been working.

Danny J

Rusty...will work into a rhythm. Have to hope it comes soon. A lot of new pieces...only 2 starters that played for us last year.

TheRazorback500

One good thing was they didn't have a whole lot of turnovers. Beard, Kingsley, and Hannahs each played 20 or more minutes without any. Over 70% from the line is encouraging, also.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Pigasaurus

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 28, 2016, 10:23:23 pm
Barford's eight rebounds looks interesting.  Hannahs' floater must have been working.

Love that dagger floater!
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

PonderinHog

Quote from: Danny J on October 28, 2016, 10:32:15 pm
Rusty...will work into a rhythm. Have to hope it comes soon. A lot of new pieces...only 2 starters that played for us last year.
At least the three point streak is still alive!  Crap, that was close!   :razorback:

PonderinHog

Quote from: pigasaurus on October 28, 2016, 10:50:06 pm
Love that dagger floater!
I hope we see a lot of that this year. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Florida trailed Division II Eckerd College at the half before pulling away in the 2nd half.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

#9 MSU lead the Northwood Timberwolves??? 48-35 at the half.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

azhog10

Very close friend of mine is an assistant at Northwood. Good program but yeah, that's a shocker.

azhog10

Win by 27 and outscored by 24 from three. Kind of an odd stat but only giving up 29 in a half is pretty decent defense for our tempo.

Letsroll1200

Watkins energy and his unselfishness is going to get him in that first 5.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2016, 03:58:13 am

10 pts and 9 rebs and great defense won't hurt either..

Dominicanhog

amazing to me we still shot almost 50% from the field with 1 of 18 from 3... also shot 72% from the lie with Dusty missing 3 times...

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 28, 2016, 10:59:29 pm
Florida trailed Division II Eckerd College at the half before pulling away in the 2nd half.

Allen:  4-10, 0-3 from 3, 3 turnovers.  Looks familiar.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2016, 03:58:13 am

I like him in the 2nd 5 off the bench. But, he will likely be in the group finishing the game, which is more important than who starts.

Kevin

50 points in the paint. very nice
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin McPherson

Through 4 games in Spain, the R/W game, and now the first of 2 exhibition games, the thing that stands out the most to me is the depth and production in the backcourt. Last year, once you got past the starting trio of Dusty, Bell, and Durham, the guard play on the 2nd unit was average at best.

Barford and Macon are doing enough of everything to complement Dusty in the starting lineup so that there's not much if any dropoff from the departures of Bell and Durham. BUT, Beard and Manny are much improved over a year ago, then a guy like CJ Jones has proven to be an offensive punch off the bench so far.

If you add up those 6 "games", Beard is leading the Hogs in assists, assist-to-turnover ratio, and steals ... that's what he's got to give us consistently = more facilitator and less looking to get his own.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on October 29, 2016, 10:01:47 am

If you add up those 6 "games", Beard is leading the Hogs in assists, assist-to-turnover ratio, and steals ... that's what he's got to give us consistently = more facilitator and less looking to get his own.

agree on Beard being a facilitator, and depth at guard.... but I also think our rebounding and defense both in the paint and on the parameter are far better and a key to a strong year... Manny looks like the sr leadership every great team needs...