Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhibition games.

Started by jjdlc, October 26, 2016, 10:55:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdlc

Any chance the exhibition games will be streamed anywhere?  At one point you could watch them on Razorvision for free, but so much has changed with that.

If not, are they going to even be on the radio?

The_Iceman

Unlikely. I'm going Friday and will give a report on here.

skinnypig

they are usually on the radio or you can listen on the 'gameday app'

jjdlc

Quote from: skinnypig on October 27, 2016, 09:22:39 am
they are usually on the radio or you can listen on the 'gameday app'

At least there is that then. 

SpeedyHog

Quote from: jjdlc on October 26, 2016, 10:55:50 pm
Any chance the exhibition games will be streamed anywhere?  At one point you could watch them on Razorvision for free, but so much has changed with that.

If not, are they going to even be on the radio?
No radio for exhibition games.
Call Me Trumpton.

wheelspigharvey

Am I allowed to say that tickets for this are really cheap on third party sites? I got mine just now. Was not exactly excited as much as I was cautiously optimistic for hog ball, am very excited now.

skinnypig

Correction No Radio

DATE: Friday, Oct 28, 2016 | 7 p.m. CT
TV: None
RADIO: None
TALENT: n/a
STATS: ArkansasRazorbacks.com | StatBroadcast
SERIES RECORD: First meeting
NEXT UP: vs. Emporia State - Friday, Nov. 4 at 7 p.m. (Exh)

MountieDawg

Quote from: skinnypig on October 27, 2016, 03:38:40 pm
Correction No Radio

DATE: Friday, Oct 28, 2016 | 7 p.m. CT
TV: None
RADIO: None
TALENT: n/a
STATS: ArkansasRazorbacks.com | StatBroadcast
SERIES RECORD: First meeting
NEXT UP: vs. Emporia State - Friday, Nov. 4 at 7 p.m. (Exh)

High school football I guess on the radio
SEC!

skinnypig

meanwhile both of Kentucky Exh. game to be televised by SEC  network. How is it fair that one team gets their scrimmage and both exhibition games on tv. And the others do not even get theirs streamed on SEC+

elksnort

Quote from: skinnypig on October 27, 2016, 03:45:39 pm
meanwhile both of Kentucky Exh. game to be televised by SEC  network. How is it fair that one team gets their scrimmage and both exhibition games on tv. And the others do not even get theirs streamed on SEC+
Life is not fair. Kentucky gets the best players. Sometimes guys from Arkansas. Kentucky wins national championships.

ballinhog

Quote from: skinnypig on October 27, 2016, 03:45:39 pm

That's what I've been saying. I even asked Jeff Long on twitter how come we can't get at least an exhibition game on when the all mighty new home of the monk family gets to watch their team frickin practice on tv. Not in those words exactly

ballinhog

Quote from: elksnort on October 27, 2016, 05:18:52 pm
Life is not fair. Kentucky gets the best players. Sometimes guys from Arkansas. Kentucky wins national championships.

Well they don't have Macon, Barford or C.J. Jones so they didn't get the best players this year. Let alone the preseason conference player of the year, nor do they return the conferences best 3pt shooter, so we should be the ones all over TV.

Screw kentucky lol

elksnort

Quote from: ballinhog on October 27, 2016, 06:30:37 pm

Well they don't have Macon, Barford or C.J. Jones so they didn't get the best players this year. Let alone the preseason conference player of the year, nor do they return the conferences best 3pt shooter, so we should be the ones all over TV.

Screw kentucky lol
Nice retort. Seriously. 
But I have not seen any of these new players play at Division 1 yet.

ballinhog

Quote from: elksnort on October 27, 2016, 08:40:40 pm
Nice retort. Seriously. 
But I have not seen any of these new players play at Division 1 yet.

Nobody has seen Kentucky's either. I think I'm probably a little overhyped with our team this year lol

It's just that I think our newcomers are as good as theirs, and I'm usually a realist with things. I think highly of our guys

jjdlc

Well, that sucks, hopefully listening to it on the game day app works at least.  I look forward to hog bball, even in the bad years.  I'm needing a fix soon.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: jjdlc on October 27, 2016, 10:11:17 pm
Well, that sucks, hopefully listening to it on the game day app works at least.  I look forward to hog bball, even in the bad years.  I'm needing a fix soon.
No radio either.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ballinhog on October 27, 2016, 09:01:34 pm
Nobody has seen Kentucky's either. I think I'm probably a little overhyped with our team this year lol

It's just that I think our newcomers are as good as theirs, and I'm usually a realist with things. I think highly of our guys

Well, the Kentucky guys have played a ton of AAU/All Star games against D1 guys, so you could argue that they have played against that type of competition.

skinnypig

Jeff Long
‏@jefflongUA   
Jeff Long Retweeted Brad

Because our guys know how
Brad @ballinhog 
@jefflongUA why can't we get our basketball team on the sec network every time they tie their shoes like Kentucky does?

Little Lady Back

Quote from: skinnypig on October 28, 2016, 10:03:57 am
Jeff Long
‏@jefflongUA   
Jeff Long Retweeted Brad

Brad @ballinhog 
@jefflongUA why can't we get our basketball team on the sec network every time they tie their shoes like Kentucky does?

Ha!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

ballinhog

Quote from: skinnypig on October 28, 2016, 10:03:57 am
Jeff Long
‏@jefflongUA   
Jeff Long Retweeted Brad

Brad @ballinhog 

Yea that was me lol

skinnypig

ballinhog

Quote from: skinnypig on October 28, 2016, 10:53:22 am

awesome response by Long

Yea it was fairly funny. Although he didn't answer my question lol

MountieDawg

Long should be able to force someone's hand to at least get local radio coverage....
SEC!

yraciv

Quote from: elksnort on October 27, 2016, 05:18:52 pm

This. Kentucky has more fans and only care about basketball, and they have the better players. 95% of our fans are still in football mode and I bet half of them don't even know we play tonight.

hawgrunner

bolo1010

Quote from: hawgrunner on October 28, 2016, 05:57:58 pm
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-baskbl/schedule/

Live stats links takes ya here...

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=149869

I'm guessing may be play by play???

Does this one have the court and shows where the shots are from kind of like espn?   And refresh without having to hit the refresh button?

And a live play by play maybe?

opineonswine

Besides Kentucky, who in the SEC would draw 13,000 for an exhibition basketball game?

PonderinHog

Quote from: opineonswine on October 29, 2016, 01:40:18 pm
Besides Kentucky, who in the SEC would draw 13,000 for an exhibition basketball game?
We didn't draw 13,000.  Actual attendance was 3400 or so, according to that stat link.
I could be wrong, though.  Both figures were listed, but I assumed the lower number was the actual attendance.

opineonswine

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 29, 2016, 01:52:01 pm
We didn't draw 13,000.  Actual attendance was 3400 or so, according to that stat link.
I could be wrong, though.  Both figures were listed, but I assumed the lower number was the actual attendance.

Well that makes a lot more sense.  I saw that 13k something number and thought "on a Friday night in football season against an Exhibition team?".

lumphog

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: opineonswine on October 29, 2016, 01:40:18 pm

Kansas maybe
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

I watched the Kentucky/Clarion exhibition and didn't see a single offensive play run by either school.

Now I see how the wrong conclusion can be made because their nothing more than glorified pickup games jacking up 3's & fast break points.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 30, 2016, 08:30:12 pm
I watched the Kentucky/Clarion exhibition and didn't see a single offensive play run by either school.

Now I see how the wrong conclusion can be made because their nothing more than glorified pickup games jacking up 3's & fast break points.

Kentucky looked pretty good to me