Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Travers

Started by Porked Tongue, August 27, 2016, 04:40:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

I've got Am Freedom on a WP.

Iwastherein1969

we have just seen the racing birth of a legend...this horse will be raced by Juddmonte into his 4 year old year and become one of the absolute greats...the performance I just watched was better than anything American Pharoah put on the board last year...and this coming from a HUGE American Pharoah fan.....Arrogant will be one of the top 5 older horses of all time, I'm calling it right now, obviously if he stays healthy
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ghostzapper

ghostzapper

He's run averages races to this point of his career.  I'm delighted he took off, but putting him in the pinnnacle of horses who have run is simply stupid. 

GoHogs1091

It was no doubt impressive, but it still is going to be a tall task against California Chrome.

I am not that big of a fan of California Chrome, but Chrome's last race he was just cruising along like it was nothing, and that was a good field in the Pacific Classic.

Methinks Zayat wanted no part of California Chrome, so Zayat decided to just go ahead and take the breeding money and take the already guaranteed legacy.

Really a shame for horse racing.  People like to see a rivalry between 2 older horses, but Zayat would not cooperate with that need and want from the sport's fans.

jdelo77

I bet him across for a nice score and had a little exacta ....better than AP ...LMAO

userpick

I know there are many AP lovers on this board, but Arrogate's performance was as impressive as any race AP ever ran. He was battling up front setting fast fractions(I thought he was done) and he pulled away in what was essentially a hand ride over one of the best fields of the year. He's obviously injury prone so who knows what he will end up being, but there's no denying the talent is there.

userpick

Also, American Freedom was many peoples pick. It was widely known that Baffert preferred Arrogate to him. Many of the California racing experts said on social media to bet Arrogate hard at 10/1 because you'd never get that price again. So it wasn't like he came out of nowhere.

ghostzapper

He was a good bet because his races up to that point were as competitive as anyone else's in the field and he had shown the ability to stalk, which is what most thought he would be doing from that post.  I only played the 1,3,4 and 9 in my pick four because I didn't like Exaggerator on the dry track and all of the others had bad posts/projected trips.  I had no idea that he would go to the lead, set that kind of pace, and then draw off.   He had to have improved Beyer wise by at least 20 points and nothing about his earlier races forecasted that kind of improvement.  Both the final fig and the way he did it make the cynic in me as a handicapper initially believe that it was track aided but, in retrospect, we may have seen a performance for the ages.  If he can sustain that, wow. 

jdelo77

Let's see if he can do it consistently before we start proclaiming him the next super horse ...

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: jdelo77 on August 29, 2016, 12:47:45 pm
Let's see if he can do it consistently before we start proclaiming him the next super horse ...

100% agree

SEdrhawg

Travers by 13 lengths and a BC classic are a good resume builder...