Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee is getting destroyed at home

Started by RazorbackAlways, September 30, 2017, 04:12:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorbackAlways

Who will be their next coach? Peyton Manning?

TX HOG

GunnerHawg70

Hey look at the bright side - it feels pretty good to say Hogs win vice the thumping happening at Neyland Stadium right now!!!🤗🐗👍🏽

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: RazorbackAlways on September 30, 2017, 04:12:37 pm
Who will be their next coach? Peyton Manning?

Georgia is looking scary.  It looks like they might be able to challenge Alabama in a year or two.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

RazorbackAlways

Farmer Hogget

Tennessee. .  .the place where college coaches careers go to die!

hawgmasta

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 30, 2017, 04:16:05 pm
Georgia is looking scary.  It looks like they might be able to challenge Alabama in a year or two.

Chaney and Pittman, sigh.

I think this proves that talent makes up for a lot of coaching deficiencies.

bennyl08

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 30, 2017, 04:16:05 pm

It was what, 2 seasons ago that UGA was a single 4 yard pass away from beating bama in the SEC champ? Maybe 3 years ago?

They have always had the talent, consistency has been there issue. Definitely agree with you, things could be on the up and up for the dawgs.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Quote from: hawgmasta on September 30, 2017, 04:19:48 pm

Pittman was a very good coach. Chaney isn't amazing, but he isn't horrible. He put up some good numbers at Tenner, with talent like Hunter, Patterson, and Brey.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RazorbackAlways

"Quarterbacks coach, I would do at Tennessee. Head coach? Absolutely not," Manning told "The Dan Patrick Show" in September. "People in Tennessee like me right now, Dan — I don't know why. But you become the head coach and cut that in half right away. 'Why are you throwing it on fourth and one? Why did you punt there; you should go for it.' Cut it in half — it's like being in politics. ...

"Quarterbacks coach, you probably could stay under the radar. You get your quarterbacks throwing a lot of completions, you probably could stay in good favor. Maybe if they call, that'd be something."

hawgmasta

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 30, 2017, 04:20:57 pm
Pittman was a very good coach. Chaney isn't amazing, but he isn't horrible. He put up some good numbers at Tenner, with talent like Hunter, Patterson, and Brey.

Good point, despite rumblings on hogville it's obvious now that Pittman was and still is a great o Line coach and recruiter.

Chaney is only good when he has above average talent.

Tusks

Kirby Smart is doing much better than I thought he would.  I'm eating crow.

he's also showing that defense is mostly ATTITUDE, he did learn that from nick.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

MemphisBossHog

Just look at the Georgia team as a whole.  Look at their players.  They come in waves on defense.  They are strong and fast and apparently well coached.  The offensive line is killing UT's defense.  (Does Sam Pittman coach the Ga OLine?) 

This folks is what a good/very good SEC team looks like.  They have depth.  They have talent. They are not Alabama, but they are really good.  They arent flashy, but seem to be solid and well coached.   Kirby Smart is doing a fine job there but what is so evident to me when I see the Bulldog team is how their players just look different from the Hogs. They look like they are a couple years older, more mature physically.   But really its not that.  Its recruiting. The Georgia players are a level or 2 higher/better than what Ark has overall. Georgia is a hotbed of high school talent plus they are right there near FLA, South Carolina geographically.   

I am not naive enough to think that Arkansas will ever have the depth that Georgia or Bama has, but folks, we got to get some better players.  I see some good skilled players for us.  Jonathan Nance, Jordan Jones, David Williams, Chase Hayden, the tight end group with O'Grady.   I see that, but we need some freakin men on both lines.  Agim is fine but he is just one guy.  Ragnow is a man on the OLine, but we need much more.  We need depth.  We need linebackers and defensive ends who can get to the QB.  We need secondary players who can actually cover people. We have to play off 10 yards with our CBs cause our defensive coaches must think that giving up short passes beats getting beat down the field for 80 yards and a TD. So we allow the dink and dunk passes hoping against hope that they make a mistake.

Many on here are much more in the know as far as our roster is concerned but it just seems that from an overall talent, speed standpoint, we have trended down since BB has been here.  If that is not right, I stand corrected, but that is what it seems like.  When I look at the UT/Georgia game, the difference in overall talent level between a team like Ga and Ark is so so evident.

Kevin

chaney still makes crazy calls.

half back option pass inside the 20
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: hawgmasta on September 30, 2017, 04:19:48 pm

People can say what they want about Pittman, but I would love to have him back as our OLine coach compared to what we have now.

Chaney?? Well yes, it helps to have a bunch of talent and that can make you look better than you really are. 

hogbud

Ironhawg

TX HOG

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 30, 2017, 04:38:51 pm
Tee Martin, OC at USC-W.

Sounds like a good fit. Won a NC there, he'll recruit well.

Tusks

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 30, 2017, 04:38:51 pm
Tee Martin, OC at USC-W.

you might be right.

I just hope they don't snatch Norvell before the Hogs do.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

AirWarren

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on September 30, 2017, 04:19:18 pm

Right with Arkansas!!!

Butch is on his way out at tenner.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on September 30, 2017, 04:19:18 pm
They should have kept Fulmer.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: AP85 on September 30, 2017, 04:51:53 pm
Right with Arkansas!!!

Butch is on his way out at tenner.
I think you are right and I doubt that the Tenner AD gave him a crazy super generous buyout clause in his contract like JLong did for BB.  That  stadium (Neyland) looks bad when its not full and when they stop filling it up, it can get a coach canned quickly.  My daughter is a sophomore at UT Knoxville and she says a bunch of folks want Butch gone over there and their performance on national TV today sure isnt helping his case.

JOKERHOG

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: tusked on September 30, 2017, 04:42:55 pm
you might be right.

I just hope they don't snatch Norvell before the Hogs do.
I agree.  Im afraid JLong's bromance with BB and him giving BB a sort of golden parachute with that huge buyout clause has just about cemented Bielema as Hog HC for all of this season and maybe next season when the buyout goes down to around $11M.  I hope no one comes and gets Norvell before he can talk to the Hogs.  He might just have the personality and temperament to recruit well at Arkansas and that is what it is going to take.

bennyl08

Quote from: tusked on September 30, 2017, 04:25:27 pm
Kirby Smart is doing much better than I thought he would.  I'm eating crow.

he's also showing that defense is mostly ATTITUDE, he did learn that from nick.

In the past 5 years, they've had 12 players drafted to the NFL on defense, including 6 in the top 3 rounds and 3 in the first round. 13 players on defense drafted in the 5 years before that with 5 in the first 3 rounds and 0 in the first. So, they've been trending to even better defense and they've had some very good defensive players overall.

Even without the "attitude" their defense would still be pretty good.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RazorbackAlways

Allie LaForce is so good looking. Best part about the game from an Arkansas perspective.

ChicoHog

Quote from: RazorbackAlways on September 30, 2017, 05:43:39 pm
Allie LaForce is so good looking. Best part about the game from an Arkansas perspective.
She is but I would still take Laura Rutledge or Jen Lata (ESPN college football live). 

solitons