Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

willkhitey

What's the latest?

IMO, now that we've got C. Wade locked in, MA is one of the final "must-haves"
"What a terrible waste it is to lose one's mind"
--Dan Quayle, speaking to the NAACP

HouTxRzbck

It looks like the nole fans are going back-and-forth as well on whether they will offer or even sign Mister.  They are talking like he is a backup plan if they do sign him.  What does everyone think of UA landing Mister?
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

SPAL

It seems they already have a few S commits so i doubt they even offer. He will probably be an invited walkon if they do anything, so i think he will come to Arkansas.

Tomhog™

January 27, 2006, 12:34:47 pm #4 Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 05:20:25 pm by Tomcat
He's got an official visit at FSU this weekend.  We won't know until next week.  As long as FSU doesn't offer, we have him.  If they offer, he's gone.

Question is how fast is his 40?  I looked on HI and they had no continuity.  He's listed a 4.51 in the stats box, but in his quick profile it says 4.7-4.8.  That's a BIG difference.  I can't see a 3* safety with a 4.7-4.8 speed...

D-macs cuz

he's more of a cornerback isn't he?  If they put him at safety what are they planning on doing with Kevin Thorton?

willkhitey

MA is either a safety or an OLB.

At 6-3 200, he could, depending on his frame, easily gain 20-30 lbs in a year and move up to the front 7. The primary reason that people have mentioned moving him out of the D-backfield, though, is b/c he was timed at 4.78 last year. However, he was clocked at 4.51 at an LSU camp last summer. If the truth is closer to the latter, he's probably a safety. Either way, he's a ball hawk and would be a great pick-up for us, imo.
"What a terrible waste it is to lose one's mind"
--Dan Quayle, speaking to the NAACP

orgkeith

4.86 at a combine in texas this summer.   LB material.

thahawg

My money is on Arkansas if FSU does not offer.
Watch out for FSU this weekend they usually finish well and this year does not look any different.

Porkahontas

Mister Alexander to Florida State.

Looks like we're gonna miss out on a good one there.

Damn.

The guy I talked to thinks Florida State is on the verge of landing a 4-star CB that's been considering Arkansas also, Jenjie is his name I believe.

berryhog

Quote from: Porkahontas on January 27, 2006, 10:27:00 pm

Damn.

The guy I talked to thinks Florida State is on the verge of landing a 4-star CB that's been considering Arkansas also, Jenjie is his name I believe.

Who gets his scholarship (Alexander)?   Coleman ?  Or do we give it to a DB/WR ?

pioneerhog

I wonder if the Kreamer kid will get an offer now?

SPAL

when and where did the news break that MA went to FSU?.....last I heard they were not plannin on even offerin him....can someone post a link please?

felixfan

thahawg

It doesn't say they offered

Card Fan

Quote from: Porkahontas on January 27, 2006, 10:27:00 pm

Damn.

FYI - He could surprise FSU and go with the Hogs.  He's not a lock for FSU and could be BIG steal at the end.

HoopS

JIHawg

HoopS

well, good luck to him. 

I kinda felt weird about calling a 17 yr old Mister anyway.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: JIHawg on January 28, 2006, 10:16:32 am
He's a Seminole.

He is with FSU for now and I'm told that they could get two more CB and drop him.  It a small chance, but I'm hoping it happen.

pioneerhog

I have kinda looked around on Rivals and Scout and can not find it anywhere that they have offered him, if they don't he will be here.

bigred7987

QuoteHe is with FSU for now and I'm told that they could get two more CB and drop him.  It a small chance, but I'm hoping it happen.
Where did u hear this?

SPAL

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Tomcat on January 28, 2006, 09:38:34 pm
There is nothing on Scout or Rivals as to him committing to FLAST.  In fact, they show he has no offer from them still...

He was offered and accepted last night.

SPAL

MA has not commited at this point, and we are unaware of any offers. Seminole fans at warchant.com seem to think him being offered hinges on Anthony Leon, a 4 star safety and rivals has him listed as a soft verbal to FSU. IMO MA will be a hog. Seminole fans are sayin he has not been offered.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1088&tid=67690612&sid=&style=2

Kilgor

He doesn't show on the commit list.  In fact i suspect that he has a conditional offer based on a different recruit's decision.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?year=2006&sport=1&school=22
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

paragould25

I like you people.

Kilgor

I am guessing that Alexander's offer to FSU (if it exists) is only good if a certain higher rated recruit turns them down.  So it's a waiting game.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

fsmhogfan

Otis is reporting Alexander to FSU in the ADG. We are expecting to sign Matt Hewitt instead.

pheine78

Yeah, I just read that in the paper as well.  Bad news.
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

pioneerhog

Quote from: fsmhogfan on January 29, 2006, 07:47:25 am
Otis is reporting Alexander to FSU in the ADG. We are expecting to sign Matt Hewitt instead.
How good is this Hewitt kid anyway? He is not ranked by Rivals and is a two star on Scout. If we are taking a chance on him being a player at the SEC level I would rather take a chance with Kreamer. From what I have heard he was considered one of the best safties in the country before his knee injury but after that he dropped, like they always do.

brooks74

I would love to have Mister Alexander, but even without him I like the safeties we are bringing in.  I hope a couple of them rise to the level of Atwater, Hamlin, Kennedy, etc.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Rudy on January 29, 2006, 01:43:25 pm

Interesting note that neither recruiting site - Scout OR Rivals is reporting anything about Florida State offering OR Mister Alexander accepting a scholarship.  It isn't that it is a weekend and they are behind in their reporting because there is an update (today) on Tylker Graves committing to FSU after making his visit this weekend.  I wonder what Otis Kirk is covering up here?

I am wondering the same thing...

JackJohnson

Quote from: Rudy on January 29, 2006, 01:43:25 pm

Interesting note that neither recruiting site - Scout OR Rivals is reporting anything about Florida State offering OR Mister Alexander accepting a scholarship.  It isn't that it is a weekend and they are behind in their reporting because there is an update (today) on Tylker Graves committing to FSU after making his visit this weekend.  I wonder what Otis Kirk is covering up here?

They thought they were going to lose Anthony Leon to miami this weekend, but it didn't happen.  As of Sat night, they were going to offer alexander, now it appears they are not.  They are appearently going to offer Dominguez, and he will accept on the spot. 

Pragmatic PiG

Come on guys, Otis is too busy bashing heath on his board with his crew of minions to cover recruiting right now........

Jeez, give the guy a break

orgkeith

Repeat, repeat Alexander is not a safety recruit, he is a LB recruit because of his limited speed.  He is not gone just yet.

kramegdoh

orgkeith

January 29, 2006, 10:32:48 pm #39 Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 10:35:01 pm by orgkeith
He ran a 4.86 at the combine he attended this summer and measured 6-2 191.  Arkansas IS recruiting him as a LB.  If we sign him you will read all about it.  Heck, don't believe everything you read.  If he ran 4.4 or 4.5 he would be a 4 or 5 star recruit.  Well, believe me though.  His scout profile actually shows 4.5, 4.78 and 4.86 and talks about his lack of speed.

orgkeith

He is a plan B or C at FSU like the Coleman kid is to Arkansas.  He is an A list kid to Herring who wants him as a LB.  He is a good player and a hard hitter who just doesn't have the speed even we would want to put in our D backfield.  The Thornton kid we signed last year was a 4 star by some because he was a good player.  He is a 4.8 on a good day.  You just have to have more speed than that if you expect to win 8 or 9 games against the competition we face.  Hopefully after this year we wont have to sign three or four more safeties again next year.

monty hawg

Mobile paper says that he committed to FSU this week end.  Go to al.com, pull up the Mobile Register and it is in the Decisions on the horizon article.  Also mentions that FSU picked up a verbal from Dominguez.  Guess we will know for sure on Wednesday.  By the way, Shula catching some hear over recruiting.  Will be a big wave of criticism Wednesday if they don't sign Smith.

Boared

I read the same article (ran today) and it said that Dominguez grew up an FSU fan and committed.  ???

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/113861649740360.xml&coll=3&thispage=4

Cajun Hog

Will have a press confernce at noon.  I'm thinking the Hog are in good shape.

firecampbell

oooh, imediate post when he announces where he's going....what's the scoop saying that we're in good shape on this one?

TuckFexas

I thought I read on here over the weekend that he was already gone?
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

JoeBobHog

Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 10:50:56 am
If the HOGS did not BLOW IT by using that scolarship for Hewitt -- dumb move based upon bad information!

yank it.
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

Cajun Hog

If the HOGS did not BLOW IT by using that scolarship for Hewitt -- dumb move based upon bad information!

Mister will LB in RH plans.

JoeBobHog

Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 10:55:24 am
Quote from: JoeBobHog on January 30, 2006, 10:51:41 am

yank it.

Agreed...although Hewitt is good enough to keep - somewhere.  The schollie we need to yank is the one to Powers...gee a tailback who runs between a 4.5 and a 4.6?  Yes, he also played linebacker, but the idiot Markuyson promised to let him work at tailback.  What the hell is that?  He might be one hell of an athlete, but the Hogs do not need a 4.6 tailback in our currently strong stable of tailbacks - period!

this is big time college football.

if we want to play in this arena, some toes are gonna have to be stomped on.

I have no problem with that.
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

HouTxRzbck

Do we not have enough schollies to offer everyone?  If we do, why would we yank scholarships?
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"