Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

aTM game unis.....

Started by ricepig, September 17, 2017, 04:51:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockinghog

Hate it, looks like Ohio State.  Just another gimmick.

Ex-Trumpet

Some of y'all could win a $100M lottery and be pissed that it wasn't $200M.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Sed76

If anyone is looking for one they have them at Academy Sports in Little Rock. Went by there on my break and picked one up to wear to the game on Saturday. They cost $90.

phadedhawg

Neat uniforms.  I will try to set aside my revulsion at seeing anything similar to the cowboys...but it's a nice gesture to JJ.

hobhog

Dont like them but seems to be getting good repone from media across country so I'm good.

BTW- Aggies dont like Jerry tribute so we have that going for us!

lamont7906

Do anyone no how to buy them I went the website and they did not have them on there.

GuvHog

Quote from: lamont7906 on September 18, 2017, 01:45:03 pm
Do anyone no how to buy them I went the website and they did not have them on there.

See if you can find the Academy Sports website. they might have them on line.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Tortfeasor on September 18, 2017, 09:39:07 am
My goodness, all the whining about a uniform created to pay tribute to an alum who was elected the NFL HOF. It is spot on for a Cowboys replica. Just see it for what it is. Good idea to give something back to JJ and let him know we appreciate the millions he donates.

You do realize that Jerry and Steven do sign on and read a bit from Hogville...........?   right?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HogFansReunited

I think they are ugly as hell. If we win, keep them. If we lose, burn them.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

The_Iceman

Quote from: HogFansReunited on September 18, 2017, 03:35:22 pm
I think they are ugly as hell. If we win, keep them. If we lose, burn them.

Just proves how you can't please everyone. Best looking jersey we've had in years, and still gets complaints.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Rockinghog on September 18, 2017, 11:57:08 am
Hate it, looks like Ohio State.  Just another gimmick.

See below...

Quote from: WorfHog on September 17, 2017, 07:20:31 pm
Seems like Jerry likes them and it's in honor of him so the rest of you can go take a hike.

Jerry Jones has done more for this University and the Athletic program as a student athlete and an alumnus than almost anyone in our history. Especially the idiot posters on this forum.

The haters can f-off about this.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Sivad

1. Jerry, who has set the bar for being a Razorback supporter, was genuinely touched and apppreciative of the gesture.
2. The uniforms are generating a lot of positive national publicity.

So it's already 2-0.

JOKERHOG

love them but you have to have game to play in those
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Porked Tongue

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 18, 2017, 04:18:22 pm
The haters can f-off about this.
Sorry, I won't.  I can dislike a uniform change and love the Hogs at the same time.

It seem to me there are a lot of people casting "hate" on other uniform combinations from prior occasions.  Do they need to "f-off" as well?

Boardon Hamsay

I dig em. Look more 49er-esque to me than Cowboys and clearly these unis are a shout out to Chip Kelly to gauge interest. ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The_Iceman

Dmac with the jersey. Man, they look awesome!

JONAS

At least the Hog is back on the sleeves. 

KlubhouseKonnected

It does seem that did that they chose to go with a white hog on the helmet given the blue ivy n grey the Cowboys use. I like them on the whole regardless
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

DoctorSusscrofa

Hate them. Hate them. Hate them. Not a Razorback Uniform.  Not original. Not traditional hog uniform. Not real creative. Hate them.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

The_Iceman

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 18, 2017, 10:11:11 pm
Hate them. Hate them. Hate them. Not a Razorback Uniform.  Not original. Not traditional hog uniform. Not real creative. Hate them.

What is an original Razorback uniform?

That way we can understand your "hate" a little better.

Tortfeasor

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 18, 2017, 02:24:38 pm
You do realize that Jerry and Steven do sign on and read a bit from Hogville...........?   right?

Did you mistake anything I said as offensive? The uniforms are a tribute to him, are they not? I'm a Cowboys fan and Hog fan so I love the uniforms. I didn't want to give my opinion in a thread where I was posting about the whining. If someone doesn't like the uniforms just accept them for what they are, a tribute.

RedRover10

When I first heard of the cowboys unis I kind of doubted them but after I've seen them they are completely bad a! Who agrees?

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: orvillesghost on September 17, 2017, 06:23:50 pm
bush league

I hate all this constant switching around..wear white on the road and red at home period.
naaaaah.  It's just another present day wrinkle to motivate fans and player, attract recruits in Texas and to honor Jerry.  Just sayin

Kevin

who cares? it is honoring jerry.

right now, I would not care if the team wore potato sacks, as long as they play well & win
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RME

Can someone provide a list of topics that I should be genuinely upset about as much as some people get upset about the uniforms a football team wears one Saturday?

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 19, 2017, 10:29:37 am
Can someone provide a list of topics that I should be genuinely upset about as much as some people get upset about the uniforms a football team wears one Saturday?

1) AD
2) Head Coach
3) OL coach
3) Walkons
4) LB's
5) Concessions
6) Buyout

Seriously, I can keep this going if need be.......

RME

Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2017, 10:31:35 am
1) AD
2) Head Coach
3) OL coach
3) Walkons
4) LB's
5) Concessions
6) Buyout

Seriously, I can keep this going if need be.......

Hahahahaha. Well played.

Throw the GSD in there and I think we've summarized Hogville into 7 bullet points.

NoogaHog

I think it is a nice gesture to JJ. Personally I don't think they are that great looking, but a very neat concept. I am fine with it for 1 game because of what it symbolizes.

Personally, I think it would have looked better in the Cowboys' classic white jersey with red numbers with the 2 simple stripes on the sleeves. I would have also liked to see the red hog on the helmet.

With the white jersey, we could have done it right with the red on the numbers not matching the red on the helmet and with teal pants, just like the big boys!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

hawgsalot

I love them and the gesture as well.  Dang we need to win this one and SC.

jkstock04

I guess they do look Ohio State similar with the silver helmets. I don't know...I still think minus the red wolf front facing "Hog" (which you barely see anyways) they look pretty cool...and I'm far from a Cowboys fan.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: RedRover10 on September 19, 2017, 09:12:52 am
When I first heard of the cowboys unis I kind of doubted them but after I've seen them they are completely bad a! Who agrees?

Already a long, long thread about this subject: 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=637625.0

;)

hogginbama

That one turned into "more time practicing and less time designing uniforms would make us better" type of thread.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: hogginbama on September 19, 2017, 10:44:26 am
That one turned into "more time practicing and less time designing uniforms would make us better" type of thread.

This one probably will too unless it is rolled into the prior thread, as it needs to be.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogginbama on September 19, 2017, 10:44:26 am

A thread about puppies, kittens, and apple pie would turn into that these days.

hoghiker

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 19, 2017, 10:47:13 am
A thread about puppies, kittens, and apple pie would turn into that these days.
It's a know fact the BB hates kittens and puppies but loves apple pie.

island hog

I like the unis and am glad we are doing this for Jerry.  I think it's a very cool gesture by the school...

Piggfoot

Maybe the reason the Razorbacks don't win is because they and too many fans care as much about what they wear than how they play!!!
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.