Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret & Jen (I hope they read this)

Started by Steef, September 17, 2017, 11:20:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Athog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 17, 2017, 12:53:05 pm
People should be able to say what they want (within reason) on a message board. Bring back the ignore button for those of us who don't wanna read them. As I said, I'm not going to participate in it, but why should anyone care what anyone else says?  As long as it isn't a threat or something like that. Is it tacky? Absolutely. But there's also plenty of people not offended in the least at it. Just my thoughts. Everybody's offended by everything these days I supppse.

Everybody is offended by a total lack of class and the negativity!

FutureMan

Agree, Steef.  It shouldn't matter that he gets paid a lot of money or that we are posting as anonymous users, just treat people with respect. 
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

hogcard1964

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 17, 2017, 11:38:05 am
Steef, If I found out that BB was spending ANY time on Hogville I would probably explode!
He should be spending his time working on our weak spots. Same for the players and assistant coaches!

I do agree with you and got railroaded because I said that some of our posts make us look like ignorant hillbillies! If you want to complain about style, un-prepared play or anything along those lines that should be fair game. Personal insults and such is plain childish!

Yea, I doubt the Bielema's spend time here, but why in the name of any and everything would anyone say anything derogatory about his wife and family?  I've actually never seen anything negative written about her.

jkstock04

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 11:20:51 am
There's a lot of anger towards our coaching staff in the fanbase right now. And whether or not you think it's deserved, it has taken... and for the most part always been... nasty.

Whatever you think of Bret Bielema's coaching, this guy is a decent man. He may not have built our team into a powerhouse, but he's treated the players right, he's treated the fans right, and he's treated the State right.

In general, the University and State have reciprocated. He's been dealt with professionally and fairly.

But a lot of the fanbase is classless.
Observing his weight... has nothing to do with football. It's just mean and small.
Comments about his attire... have nothing to do with football. Ditto.
Snide misuse of his name... has nothing to do with football. And stupid. There's far more intelligent (and less lemming-like) ways to insult someone.
And yes, we all know he's well paid.

Unsavory remarks about his wife... well, you get it. Yes, she's pretty. Get over it.

Meantime, Jen started her time here as a new but classy Head Cheerleader, until the fanbase leered her down. She has never been ANYTHING towards us... but a Lady.

It needs to be said: The Bielema's... have been FAR classier... than the fans they've served.

Unless something really wonderful occurs, they will no doubt be looking for a new venue soon. And their memories of Hog fans will be just another embarrassment for us.

It sure looks like Atlanta belongs to Nick for as long as he wants it. It also looks like Bret won't be challenging that any time soon. But he doesn't deserve the personal attacks he's endured.

Stay classy, Hogville.

Kneejerk reaction from someone who is obviously a Twitter/Facebook guy. 90 plus percent of the criticisms towards Bielema on here are about him sucking as a football coach.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

AirWarren

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 17, 2017, 12:52:16 pm
Weak on the field and weak off it too.

Uneducated on and off the field.

How people talk with with hateful things to say truly shows a reflection of how ignorant, uneducated and backward of a state we are.

I love Arkansas but we have a lot of low IQs throughout it.

WilsonHog

Social media is a revealer of people, and, despite what they would have you believe, most people are not good folks.

hoglady

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 17, 2017, 01:00:36 pm
Yea, I doubt the Bielema's spend time here, but why in the name of any and everything would anyone say anything derogatory about his wife and family?  I've actually never seen anything negative written about her.

She caught a little flack for the "Karma" comment toward Wisconsin and a little bit for some of the photos posted. But that was not long after she got here. I haven't seen anything negative toward her since.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DoubleReedHawgCaller

This is what's wrong with America today. Everyone wants to be all in their feelings. Knuckle up and use it for motivation if you don't like it. I'm not feeling sorry for anyone making the kinda money he's making for the results he's producing nor would I won't anyone  to feel the same for me if I was in the same position.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hogcard1964

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2017, 11:31:47 am
The players are hearing the hate and meanness too apparently. Some have said they are off Twitter and social media due to clown's comments and nastiness.

Sad.

They probably shouldn't be on it anyway.  It dumbs people down.

RebHog

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 12:44:20 pm
I'm going to leave this one, because of the bolded part.

Because it's not true. You might THINK it's true, but you're wrong.

Our fanbase has been calling him B E R T and B U R T. Since he got here. They've been dissing him about his weight since he got here. They've commented about his clothing and his 'hot wife' since he got here.

Even in his third year (his best) when he was obviously making progress.

So much, that Lanny had Doug put in filters to catch a lot of it.

The nastiness was never JUST about winning. It's about fighting for the right to be nasty.

It's already been mentioned in this thread, but name calling is a dumb way to insult someone. You might as well wear a sign that says, "I'm truly stupid!"

It's also just incredibly repetitive. Do you really think ANYONE on this board DOESN'T know that we're not winning right now?

Don't bother to answer. Either you're already aware of that truth... or you're wearing your sign.

Most of this is true but I haven't seen any attacks on his wife? You think calling her hot is an insult?

Steef

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 17, 2017, 12:53:05 pm
People should be able to say what they want (within reason) on a message board. Bring back the ignore button for those of us who don't wanna read them. As I said, I'm not going to participate in it, but why should anyone care what anyone else says?  As long as it isn't a threat or something like that. Is it tacky? Absolutely. But there's also plenty of people not offended in the least at it. Just my thoughts. Everybody's offended by everything these days I supppse.

Actually, most of the behavior I've condemned...is allowed by the rules of this board.

I didn't say it FORBIDDEN. I said it was classless and tacky.

And 'ignore' is available.

Steef

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 17, 2017, 01:00:36 pm

Maybe because it was deleted?

Nah. Couldn't be it.

jkstock04

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on September 17, 2017, 01:13:59 pm
This is what's wrong with America today. Everyone wants to be all in their feelings. Knuckle up and use it for motivation if you don't like it. I'm not feeling sorry for anyone making the kinda money he's making for the results he's producing nor would I won't anyone  to feel the same for me if I was in the same position.
I kind of feel the same way. I'm not a looney bird on Twitter making fun of his family or whatever is going on like Steef is talking about. But in the end...we are talking about a public figure...who makes millions of dollars. Arguably the biggest public figure in the state, big spotlight.

99.9% of Arkansasans would trade spots with him right now at the drop of a hat. If he starts winning he'll be hailed as a God. This is part of the territory. Feeling sorry for Bielema is kind of a joke.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 17, 2017, 01:26:06 pm
I kind of feel the same way. I'm not a looney bird on Twitter making fun of his family or whatever is going on like Steef is talking about. But in the end...we are talking about a public figure...who makes millions of dollars. Arguably the biggest public figure in the state, big spotlight.

99.9% of Arkansasans would trade spots with him right now at the drop of a hat. If he starts winning he'll be hailed as a God. This is part of the territory. Feeling sorry for Bielema is kind of a joke.
Yep
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Steef

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 17, 2017, 01:26:06 pm

I never said you should feel sorry for him. Apparently, you didn't read my OP.

I also said discussing his work is fair game.

I just think it's tacky & classless to get personal with him.

And we do. And have. And will continue to.

KennyForAD

September 17, 2017, 01:32:14 pm #65 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:44:09 pm by KennyForAD

Oops.  Misread you Steef.  Sorry

alohawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 17, 2017, 01:12:06 pm
Social media is a revealer of people, and, despite what they would have you believe, most people are not good folks.

Not to dispute here, just curious. What is your objective standard for judging people good or not?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

presidenthog

There's a lot of anger towards our coaching staff in the fanbase right now. And whether or not you think it's deserved, it has taken... and for the most part always been... nasty.

Whatever you think of Bret Bielema's coaching, this guy is a decent man. He may not have built our team into a powerhouse, but he's treated the players right, he's treated the fans right, and he's treated the State right.

In general, the University and State have reciprocated. He's been dealt with professionally and fairly.

Observing his weight... has nothing to do with football. It's just mean and small.
Snide misuse of his name... has nothing to do with football. And stupid. There's far more intelligent (and less lemming-like) ways to insult someone.

Unsavory remarks about his wife... well, you get it. Yes, she's pretty. Get over it.

Meantime, Jen started her time here as a new but classy Head Cheerleader, until the fanbase leered her down. She has never been ANYTHING towards us... but a Lady.

It needs to be said: The Bielema's... have been FAR classier... than the fans they've served.

Unless something really wonderful occurs, they will no doubt be looking for a new venue soon. And their memories of Hog fans will be just another embarrassment for us.

It sure looks like Atlanta belongs to Nick for as long as he wants it. It also looks like Bret won't be challenging that any time soon. But he doesn't deserve the personal attacks he's endured.

Stay classy, Hogville.

They were so classy they spent the first year having a Twitter war with Wisconsin fans

radar

For $4 million a year I will bring the wife and some of the grand kids to the greek theater and allow the fans to throw tomatoes and cuss us weekly.

Steef

Quote from: presidenthog on September 17, 2017, 01:36:31 pm
They were so classy they spent the first year having a Twitter war with Wisconsin fans

How...have they treated... US?

Steef

Quote from: radar on September 17, 2017, 01:41:03 pm
For $4 million a year I will bring the wife and some of the grand kids to the greek theater and allow the fans to throw tomatoes and cuss us weekly.

And if that was in Bret's job description, I would agree with you.

jkstock04

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 01:28:05 pm
I never said you should feel sorry for him. Apparently, you didn't read my OP.

I also said discussing his work is fair game.

I just think it's tacky & classless to get personal with him.

And we do. And have. And will continue to.
I read it once...and just read it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. General message i got is I should feel sorry for him and his family....and be ashamed of how the fans have treated him and his family.

I agree with you it will get personal and classless. What else is social media good for other than trouble? It's not right...but what do you expect? It's the national enquirer section of the internet. Majority of the criticisms here are about his coaching...only thing Ive really seen that you are referring to is the Bert stuff.

No chance I would ever sign up for Facebook...I've seen it destroy friendships, professional careers, and marriages...no thanks. And Twitter? Im prob just showing my age...but seems to me like a common hangout for the masses with low IQs...anytime I read a link from there or anything about it, it screams 5th grade reading level. At least on here, the majority of the time people can type coherently and in full sentences.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

codeHog

you should be able to lay out the facts of his regime.....tell about his losses after halftime and any other figure that applies to his time on the Hill.

This is no different that a teacher giving a kid his report card that grades him on his job performance.
That said, teachers give grades without getting personal and attacking the kid and it's family

SRV

Stay classy, Hogville.
Excellent post. Very well done. Agree completely.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: radar on September 17, 2017, 01:41:03 pm

OK, do that and then try to lead young men...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Steef

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 17, 2017, 01:51:30 pm
I read it once...and just read it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. General message i got is I should feel sorry for him and his family....and be ashamed of how the fans have treated him and his family.

I agree with you it will get personal and classless. What else is social media good for other than trouble? It's not right...but what do you expect? It's the national enquirer section of the internet. Majority of the criticisms here are about his coaching...only thing Ive really seen that you are referring to is the Bert stuff.

No chance I would ever sign up for Facebook...I've seen it destroy friendships, professional careers, and marriages...no thanks. And Twitter? Im prob just showing my age...but seems to me like a common hangout for the masses with low IQs...anytime I read a link from there or anything about it, it screams 5th grade reading level. At least on here, the majority of the time people can type coherently and in full sentences.

Then your reading skills could use work. I don't want you (generic, not you in particular) to feel sorry for the Bielemas. I want you (generic) to feel sorry that you're tacky  enough to call him (them) names when you (generic) are angry about the football program.

When they leave, they will do so with regret that Bret underachieved, but (deserved) angst about the fanbase, because a lot of us are a$$holes.

They have NOT treated us, like we've treated them.

PonderinHog

Hoggie17

Quote from: presidenthog on September 17, 2017, 01:36:31 pm
In retrospect why did they have a twitter war with fans of the team they left? 

No Arkansas fan has said anything about CBB's family members that I am aware of.  Fact is, no one that I am aware has ever made personal remarks on HV about CBB. Comparing what he has done here with other Hog coaches is not a personal attack.  Anyone in any field keeps their job on how competent they are. One of the ways a HC is measured on how competent he is doing his job is to compare wins and loses.  If the HC is losing more than he is winning he is not competent, make no mistake about it.

rude1

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 12:04:03 pm
You're right. Most fanbases are pretty much the same. Some message boards are worse than others. Some better.

But people are people.

Thing is... I don't post or frequent those other boards. I pretty much live here. So Hogville is what I comment about.
Well I do venture out on other boards, especially when they are having a tough time of it, just to gauge is it any different than what goes on here, and the answer is a resounding NO, it is not even the slight bit different, the only difference is the name of the particular team. You always have on one side the adamant supporter who is going to go to battle for the current staff and defend mostly their every move, then you have those in the middle who are starting to question the direction but are respectful, then you have those at the far end who are angry and they are extremely venomous in voicing their displeasure with what is going on. I have yet to see this fail no matter what team I visited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Silver Hog

VirginiaHog

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 11:45:16 am
If we delete/move every post that attacks Bret, there wouldn't be much left in MMQB right now.
That is fine. Opinions are ok, but attacks, name calling and insults should not be allowed. I come here for news and discussion but can't hardly stand all the crap.

ronmahony

Good post. I know I was very happy to hear he was coming here. I was impressed with the way he handled things when they beat us in the bowl game. He was respectful to the Hogs after the game, I even kind of followed Wisconsin after that. After the J.L.S. fiasco I thought we were lucky. I am still hoping he can turn things around, I really don't know if he can or not, but hoping. Who knows? T.C.U. might just be that good. If he can't by the end of this season then I believe it will be time for a change, but don't see calling him names.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Letsroll1200

This is nothing compared to Jumpball last season. Most fans on this board complain about him not winning or building a program. People will point out how much he makes it just comes with the territory.
It's best to stay away from personal attacks. Most of hogville stay away from that sort of stuff.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 17, 2017, 02:33:59 pm
This is nothing compared to Jumpball last season.

Child's play, comparatively speaking.
Hogs up! Covid down!

jkstock04

Quote from: Steef on September 17, 2017, 01:57:54 pm
Then your reading skills could use work. I don't want you (generic, not you in particular) to feel sorry for the Bielemas. I want you (generic) to feel sorry that you're tacky  enough to call him (them) names when you (generic) are angry about the football program.

When they leave, they will do so with regret that Bret underachieved, but (deserved) angst about the fanbase, because a lot of us are a$$holes.

They have NOT treated us, like we've treated them.
In all seriousness, what else would they or should they expect social media to be like? Or a better question...what other school would they be treated better by the fans with the same circumstances?

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill..mostly all I've seen is derogatory stuff about his coaching. But...then again I'm not on social media.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Steef

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 17, 2017, 02:51:59 pm
In all seriousness, what else would they or should they expect social media to be like? Or a better question...what other school would they be treated better by the fans with the same circumstances?

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill..mostly all I've seen is derogatory stuff about his coaching. But...then again I'm not on social media.

I made one thread out of dozens.

HawgTide

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 17, 2017, 12:52:16 pm
Weak on the field and weak off it too.

You are the poster boy for the type of fans Steef was talking about

HawgTide

Quote from: VirginiaHog on September 17, 2017, 02:24:08 pm
That is fine. Opinions are ok, but attacks, name calling and insults should not be allowed. I come here for news and discussion but can't hardly stand all the crap.

Hogville ain't what she used to be. Most of the good posters have been run off or remain quiet while the loudmouths rule the roost

Steef

Quote from: HawgTide on September 17, 2017, 03:06:30 pm
Hogville ain't what she used to be. Most of the good posters have been run off or remain quiet while the loudmouths rule the roost

Lot of 'em are gone for good.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 17, 2017, 02:51:59 pm

Most of the traffic on social media are from Wisconsin fans from the karma tweet. Wisconsin is 41-12 since the tweet and Arkansas is 23-27. Wisconsin fans cant stand Bret.

McKdaddy

The term Bert is one I copied off of my Wiscy relatives. They began calling him that during his 2nd season at UW, when they freakin' loved the guy. Sometime back then I too adopted Bert and carried it forward to his joining the UA. I realize most call him Bert to be derogatory, but my usage has been benign.

Obviously I'll stop if HV mgmt wishes.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

WilsonHog

Quote from: alohawg on September 17, 2017, 01:33:47 pm
Not to dispute here, just curious. What is your objective standard for judging people good or not?

Well, I think that in the context of message boards all we have to go on is what people post. We all, from time to time, say things that cross the line, things that we ought to make amends for. However, if a poster's MO is pretty much to be a jerk, then that's likely who he or she is away from the board, too.

WorfHog

Agreed, but the majority of this is supposed "fans" are hiding behind anonymity. If Bret and Jen judge Hog fans based on what a few idiots on the internet say then they're very thin skinned.

Their grace has been returned by the real fans in person over and over again.

TNhawgfan

I spent a lot of time on volnation, tigerdroppings, and nafoom last night, and most message boards make hogville look like a religious group
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hoglady

Quote from: TNhawgfan on September 17, 2017, 03:33:43 pm
I spent a lot of time on volnation, tigerdroppings, and nafoom last night, and most message boards make hogville look like a religious group

Yes - they do.
This is Sunday afternoon tea with the preacher in comparison.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Steef

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 17, 2017, 03:18:07 pm
The term Bert is one I copied off of my Wiscy relatives. They began calling him that during his 2nd season at UW, when they freakin' loved the guy. Sometime back then I too adopted Bert and carried it forward to his joining the UA. I realize most call him Bert to be derogatory, but my usage has been benign.

Obviously I'll stop if HV mgmt wishes.

Wilson is management.

I'm just staff.

My OP was not an expression of Hogville policy. Just my own personal opinion about good taste.

I would ask though...if you are knowingly doing something that is benign to you, but derisive from everyone else, how would a third party know the difference?

TXArcher

Steef, there are a lot of posts in other threads that need some attention. I agree with your original post as well.

Steef

Quote from: WorfHog on September 17, 2017, 03:22:46 pm
Agreed, but the majority of this is supposed "fans" are hiding behind anonymity. If Bret and Jen judge Hog fans based on what a few idiots on the internet say then they're very thin skinned.

Their grace has been returned by the real fans in person over and over again.

I hope that's true.

But I'm half a continent away and Hogville is what I've got.

Steef

Quote from: TXArcher on September 17, 2017, 03:44:58 pm
Steef, there are a lot of posts in other threads that need some attention. I agree with your original post as well.

Good to know.

As I mentioned earlier, there are only a few mods and hundreds/thousands of new posts each day.

Any of them that are extreme...please hit 'report to moderator'. It saves us a LOT of time.