Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU Jalen Mills suspended after allegedly punching a female in the mouth

Started by lahawg1, June 11, 2014, 11:35:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

In coon-ass speak, 'indefinitely' translates to 'until the first SEC game'.

jbcarol

LSU sophomore defensive back Jalen Mills was arrested Tuesday night for second degree battery, Baton Rouge Police confirmed Wedensday. Mills reportedly punched a female victim in the mouth last month at his Highland Road apartment complex.

LSU coach Les Miles has suspended Mills indefinitely...

QuoteIt was the sixth arrest involving an LSU football player in the past year. Running back Jeryl Brazil was arrested three times before being dismissed in November while defensive back Kavahra Holmes and defensive lineman Frank Herron were also arrested. Holmes left the team in December and transferred to Southeastern Louisiana and Herron remains on the roster.

LSU has had 12 football players arrested in the past four years...

The victim told police she was looking for a friend of hers and knocked on Mills' apartment door May 4 at approximately 1 a.m, BRPD spokesman Corp. Don Coppola, Jr., said. Mills opened the door and then closed it in her face so she knocked again. She walked away but said she heard someone say something behind her and when she turned around, Mills punched her in the mouth.

The victim said she fell to the pavement and was briefly knocked unconscious, Coppola said. She also suffered a laceration to her lip that required four stitches.

Mills was identified in a six-person lineup by the victim and a witness, who corroborated the victim's statement.

After identifying him as the suspect, investigators contacted Mills, who told them he was in Houston and would not return to Baton Rouge until June 9, for summer school, Coppola said. Mills failed to show for an appointment with investigators Tuesday at 5 p.m. He did not respond to telephone calls that day and a felony warrant was issued for his arrest. Investigators eventually contacted Mills through LSU.

Mills is on the Ronnie Lott Watch List.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

RS 14:34.1

§34.1.  Second degree battery

A.  Second degree battery is a battery when the offender intentionally inflicts serious bodily injury; however, this provision shall not apply to a medical provider who has obtained the consent of a patient.

B.  For purposes of this Section, the following words shall have the following meanings:

(3)  "Serious bodily injury" means bodily injury which involves unconsciousness, extreme physical pain or protracted and obvious disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty, or a substantial risk of death.

C.  Whoever commits the crime of second degree battery shall be fined not more than two thousand dollars or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not more than five years, or both.  At least one year of the sentence imposed shall be served without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence if the offender knew or should have known that the victim is an active member of the United States Armed Forces or is a disabled veteran and the second degree battery was committed because of that status.

Acts 1978, No. 394, §1; Acts 2009, No. 264, §1; Acts 2012, No. 40, §1.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hawgzinbowlz

BATON ROUGE — After more than a year without major arrests involving the football program, LSU junior cornerback Jalen Mills of DeSoto, Texas, was arrested Tuesday night on a charge of second-degree battery, the Baton Rouge Police Department confirmed Wednesday morning...

LSU should be commended for their restraint, of more than a year. Combine their  breathing of methane swamp gas plus LSUs social standards and alcohol and the fact that they haven't had a "MAJOR" arrest in more than a year is an improvement.
FYI : The breathing of methane swamp gas causes emotional disturbances and brain damage in humans. This is a medical fact.
80 Days and Counting.

" GO HOGS "

Ironhawg

Quote from: LZH on June 11, 2014, 11:37:24 am
In coon-ass speak, 'indefinitely' translates to 'until the first SEC game'.

Hit the nail right on the head!

Hawk

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hawk on June 11, 2014, 01:03:26 pm
Can you say "Team Vote"?

He's either voted ON the team, or Gus will save this poor soul and give him a new home where he can shine.
Go away, batin'

Steef

First, they have to get the Louisiana Grand Jury to declare the assault a misdemeanor.

Then the offending Tigger has to have an epiphany that he's reformed.

The team votes.

They break out the ukuleles and roast marshmallows.

Hoggish1

Normal stuff down there (water's rising...). 

ChitownHawg

I don't see why you guys are complaining about LSU - they are just in the people helpin business.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

AFWarrior83

Glad our players are keeping their noses clean. One thing CBB has instilled in the team is that every player represents the team and the state. Have we had any players get into trouble and stay on the team since CBB arrived?
Hogville member since 2005.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  3h
#LSU release says Les Miles won't make any further comment on Mills "until the incident has gone through the legal system."

HOGINTENNESSEE

June 11, 2014, 03:11:38 pm #13 Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:57:56 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 11, 2014, 03:02:03 pm
Glad our players are keeping their noses clean. One thing CBB has instilled in the team is that every player represents the team and the state. Have we had any players get into trouble and stay on the team since CBB arrived?

IMO this is the most impressive change that has happened. Not that our players were out of control before. I felt like CBP's had less than Nutt. But still there were some.

Have we had a issue with a current player since Austin Flynn? Not counting JoJo as he is not on campus and the charges were dropped.

But I had just become to accept it has fact that there would be off the field issues to compete at the SEC level.

onebadrubi

So they can punch someone from Behind and completely blindside them, now punching women.  They must really be teaching good things down there! 

Hindsight though, this is more on the kid and his upbringing than LSU, as much as I hate to say that. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 11, 2014, 03:47:19 pm
So they can punch someone from Behind and completely blindside them, now punching women.  They must really be teaching good things down there! 

Hindsight though, this is more on the kid and his upbringing than LSU, as much as I hate to say that.

If she would have just made the darn sammich nothing would have ever happened.

HogFanatic

That was the first time he told her to do the damn dishes.
Next time she gets a black eye.

What do you tell a woman with a busted lip and two black eyes?
Nothing, you've told her three times already.

LSU, LSU, LSU.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

HogFanatic

Quote from: secneahog on June 11, 2014, 06:15:04 pm
Auburn lock.

No way, bro. He will play in game 2 for LSU if history is any indicator.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 11, 2014, 11:35:51 am
http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20140611/SPORTS04/306110022/LSU-CB-Mills-arrested-suspended-indefinitely

Offseasons are tough down south. How many wagers say he will be back on the team in August?
Knowing the "justice" meted out at LSU he will indeed be suspended indefinitely until fall practice. At that time he'll welcomed back as a "reformed man" who's learned his lesson and ready to give it all for his team. Man, it sure must be great to be both a thug and an LSU Tiger. Then again, I am talking about one-in-the-same.

redswarmrising

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on June 11, 2014, 12:51:57 pm
BATON ROUGE — After more than a year without major arrests involving the football program, LSU junior cornerback Jalen Mills of DeSoto, Texas, was arrested Tuesday night on a charge of second-degree battery, the Baton Rouge Police Department confirmed Wednesday morning...

LSU should be commended for their restraint, of more than a year. Combine their  breathing of methane swamp gas plus LSUs social standards and alcohol and the fact that they haven't had a "MAJOR" arrest in more than a year is an improvement.
FYI : The breathing of methane swamp gas causes emotional disturbances and brain damage in humans. This is a medical fact.
80 Days and Counting.

" GO HOGS "

i'm betting him and DGB are close friends

jbcarol

Matthew Harris @MHarrisAdvocate  ·  11h
Mills' attorney basically says he's got info to counter warrant and witnesses, too. "We certainly need to examine everything," he said. #LSU

Matthew Harris @MHarrisAdvocate  ·  11h
A key caveat: Not every scrap of detail winds up in warrants, police reports or probable cause docs. Nor do we know Mills' side. #LSU

No cell phone videos yet.

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau @LSUBeatTweet  ·  9h
NOW A FINAL, FINAL UPDATE OF THE JALEN MILLS SAGA: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/06/11/lsu-cornerback-jalen-mills-arrested-second-degree-battery/10321809/ ...

QuoteLSU cornerback Jalen Mills spent Tuesday night and most of Wednesday in jail on a charge of second degree battery of a woman in his apartment complex here on May 4, according to Baton Rouge Police.

But Mills' attorney, Brent Stockstill, said late Wednesday that Mills wasn't the perpetrator.

"He was not the person who struck the victim," Stockstill said. "That would be consistent with some of the information I've received."

Stockstill has been told by witnesses that another woman struck the female victim as both may have had romantic interests in Mills.

"That is what witnesses have said," he said. "I am still trying to get his side of the story. There were several people around when this happened."

LSU football coach Les Miles immediately suspended Mills, a junior starter the last two seasons from DeSoto, Texas, near Dallas, from the team indefinitely and said he would have no comment until Mills goes through the legal process.

Mills was arrested Tuesday night by Baton Rouge Police for allegedly punching a woman in the mouth on May 4 at his apartment complex on Highland Road near LSU. Mills, 20, was bailed out of the East Baton Rouge Parish jail by his parents for $10,000 at 3:40 p.m. CT Wednesday afternoon.

Those found guilty of second degree battery in Louisiana can be imprisoned for up to five years and be fined as much as $2,000.

"I've been contacted by several people that were there when the incident took place," Stockstill said. "And their version of what happened is not consistent with the arrest warrant."

The arrest warrant says that Mills came up from behind the victim and punched her in the mouth at around 2 a.m. on Sunday, May 4.

Consistent

tusksincolorado

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 11, 2014, 03:11:38 pm
IMO this is the most impressive change that has happened. Not that our players were out of control before. I felt like CBP's had less than Nutt. But still there were some.

Have we had a issue with a current player since Austin Flynn? Not counting JoJo as he is not on campus and the charges were dropped.

But I had just become to accept it has fact that there would be off the field issues to compete at the SEC level.

Some things I know....

CBP would scare me with his fiery quick-fire temper!

CBB would scare me just by his size and his calm demeanor. He is a volcano waiting to erupt!

Remember Lou and his hot-headed tantrums?

And Danny Ford...I think he would just take you "out back and whup your ass"!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on June 11, 2014, 03:03:07 pm

#LSU release says Les Miles won't make any further comment on Mills "until the incident has gone through the legal system."

In other words.....until the LSU lawyers can get the girl to drop the charges & take delivery of her new car.....& Mills is back at practice.   
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Steef

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on June 15, 2014, 10:23:44 pm
In other words.....until the LSU lawyers can get the girl to drop the charges & take delivery of her new car.....& Mills is back at practice.   

Yup.

jbcarol

Matthew Harris @MHarrisAdvocate  ·  1h

The EBR DA's office has a statement from #LSU's Jalen Mills saying he didn't punch a woman outside his apartment, per his attorney.

Mills' attorney also said a witness corroborates his client's account. Instead of the DB, another woman may have thrown the punch. #LSU

Mills' attorney wouldn't comment on how his client knew the woman in question, or the events leading up to the punch. #LSU

As far as what action the EBR DA's office might take in regards to charging Mills, the attorney said, 'I'm waiting like all of you." #LSU

Basically, Mills' attorney has handed over whatever information/evidence he has, and the ball is in the DA's court now. #LSU

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau @LSUBeatTweet  ·  6h

"I think arrest warrant was written without anyone hearing other side of story," - Jalen Mills atty Brent Stockstill. http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/football/2014/06/16/attorney-charges-on-lsu-mills-may-be-dropped ...

QuoteA spokesperson at the East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney's office said the matter involving Mills, 20, is still being investigated.

... the victim told police she then heard someone say something to her, "and when she turned around Mills punched her on the mouth," the warrant says. A witness told police she saw Mills punch the victim on the mouth, and the victim fall to the pavement.

Both the victim and the witness later identified Mills from among photos of five other men.

jbcarol

Steef

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: steefhog on June 21, 2014, 10:04:12 am

This situation may call for the purchase of SEVERAL new cars.

Yeah, see your point.  Wonder if they get a discount when they buy 2 or more at the same time...?? ???

jbcarol

From late last night: #LSU safety Jalen Mills will be charged w/simple battery. Same charge DA filed vs Hill http://bit.ly/WVBO4Y

DA Moore in explaining y Mills was charged w/simple battery & not 2nd degree says he must prove "serious bodily injury" & he could not. #LSU

More from Moore: "In this case, similar to Jordan Jefferson & hundreds of other fights/batteries, I cannot (prove 2nd degree battery)" #LSU

Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  2h

Added to our story, DA Hillar Moore explains his decision when charging #LSU's Jalen Mills - http://bit.ly/WVBO4Y

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau: For the second straight year, an arrested and suspended LSU football player returned to the team just in time for the first day of practice.

Junior defensive back Jalen Mills of DeSoto, Texas, near Dallas was reinstated by LSU coach Les Miles on Monday hours after East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore reduced Mills' original felony second degree battery charge by Baton Rouge Police to a misdemeanor simple battery charge. Moore's office investigated the case over the last two months.

Mills, who started the last two seasons at cornerback for the Tigers before moving into a starting role at safety last spring, practiced Monday afternoon.

Quote"We'll continue to discipline him in house, but he's back with the team," said Miles, who indefinitely suspended Mills shortly after Mills was arrested and charged on June 10 with second degree battery of a woman at his apartment complex near campus on May 4. Mills, 20, spent the night of June 10 and part of June 11 in jail before being bailed out by his family for $10,000. Witnesses at the apartment complex, however, told Mills' attorney Brent Stockstill that another woman hit the victim.

Stockstill plans to have Mills, 20, plead not guilty to the simple battery charge at his arraignment, which is expected to be in a few weeks.

"I believe in trial we will prove Jalen's innocence," Stockstill said Monday.

"He was not charged as initially, and so misdemeanor being what it is, we're moving forward," Miles said after his team's second practice Monday. University policy at LSU dictates that student-athletes charged with a felony not be allowed to participate in athletics.

"After an entire summer of suspension, we felt like while this thing was still being decided that we'd bring him on to the team," Miles said.

In similar fashion, Miles immediately returned then-quarterback Jordan Jefferson to the LSU team in 2011 after his original felony battery charge was reduced to a misdemeanor battery charge. A year ago Tuesday, LSU tailback Jeremy Hill was reinstated to the team after he received probation and no jail time on Aug. 5, 2013, following a misdemeanor simple battery charge that violated his probation from a previous misdemeanor carnal knowledge charge. His indefinite suspension that had lasted all summer was immediately lifted by Miles, and he practiced that afternoon.

Miles said he had not decided if Mills would be suspended or not for LSU's season opener against Wisconsin in Houston on Aug. 30 or for any other games or parts of games.

jbcarol

You can't go to sleep on East Baton Rouge Parish's D.A. | Ron Higgins

I want to sincerely apologize to our readers who rely on us for relaying news almost as it happens.

I was not awake at 12:15 Monday morning when East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore tweeted that LSU defensive back Jalen Mills' second-degree battery arrest stemming from a May incident was being reduced to a misdemeanor simple battery charge.

QuoteYep, I was "toes up" when Moore tapped out his tweet that read, "A misdemeanor bill of information will be filed in the morning charging Jalen Mills with simple battery."

Maybe Moore correctly hoped that most of the people that received his tweet were counting sheep. Maybe it gave him at least a seven-hour headstart out-of-town, unless he was already at an undisclosed location.

Moore's Midnight Special tweet means Mills, if found guilty in a worst case scenario, went from possibly being fined no more than $2,000 and serving no more than five years in jail or both, to being fined no more than $1,000 and being in jail no more than six months, or both.

In other words, Mills went from having a lead role in "The Longest Yard, Part 2" to keeping his NFL draft hopes alive.

Moore's announcement came about nine hours before LSU started its preseason football practice, which should be no surprise. It's becoming a Tigers' tradition for a player in trouble with the law to get a brother-in-law ruling so he can magically appear for the start of preseason practice.

Mills missed Monday morning's first preseason workout, but was back for the afternoon session.

A year ago almost to the day, District Judge Bonnie Jackson, holding a gavel in one hand and seemingly a purple and gold shaker in the other hand, gave Tigers' running back Jeremy Hill only two additional years probation and 40 hours of community service. Hill violated a previous probation by pleading guilty to a simple battery he committed in an April 2013 bar parking lot fight.

Thirteen months before that incident, Hill received probation after pleading guilty to misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile.

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau @LSUBeatTweet  ·  Aug 4

"I do not think it went far enough," LSU Jalen Mills' atty Brent Stockstill said of DA reducing charge to misdemeanor. Will plead not guilty

tophawg19

carnal knowledge with a minor ? That is called statutory rape and is not a misdemeanor anywhere but LSU land .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jbcarol

Jalen Mills thankful to be back with LSU, doesn't apologize

Quote"When everything happened, it happened so fast," Mills told ESPN.com. "I didn't know what I was going to be able to do for a month and a half or so. Just going through everything, if I had a second chance, I wouldn't have myself in this predicament, and I wouldn't cause all this confusion on the team."

The No. 1 concern for Mills during that time seems to be whether or not he could play for LSU during this upcoming season.

"We actually have meetings where Coach [Les] Miles and the NCAA bring people in when things like that happen," Mills said. "Man, listen to those people because you never know what can happen. Anything can happen, like my situation.

"It was kind of rough, just going through the whole process, not knowing whether I would be there to play with these guys. They're my brothers, so once I heard those guys voted me back on the team, I was thankful."

Mills established he was thankful to his team for reinstating him, but did he regret his actions?

Let's see what he had to say next...

"It's just a learning experience," Mills said. "I'm learning from it right now. I just have to keep moving forward and just keep pushing and just try to stay focused on football."

Not once did Mills apologize to the unnamed victim he allegedly punched...

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on August 10, 2014, 08:47:17 pm

Jalen Mills thankful to be back with LSU, doesn't apologize

Typical behavior for someone of that character.  He hasn't had any real punishment for his actions , so there is nothing to gain by apologizing.   

jbcarol

Rabalais: Jalen Mills thankful for second chance after troubling off-field incident

QuoteAt the far end of the LSU indoor practice facility Sunday, well away from the maddening media day hordes surrounding Leonard Fournette and Brandon Harris and Anthony Jennings, Jalen Mills sat hunched over a folding chair alone with his thoughts.

More than once he must have appreciated the simple fact he was still sitting there on a Sunday afternoon in his No. 28 jersey, given a second lease on his LSU playing career after being booked on a second-degree battery charge in May. That charge was reduced to a misdemeanor simple battery earlier this month.

"People who really know me know I'm a very kind-hearted, loving person," Mills said. "They're happy I'm back on the team. I tell them don't be happy for me, be thankful for me, because I'm thankful."

Mills and LSU coach Les Miles both said he spent the summer separated from the team and their offseason workouts. Mills said he was allowed back on the squad only by a vote of his teammates.

Whether justice was done in Mills' case from a legal and football perspective remains to be determined. At any rate, District Attorney Hillar Moore decided he didn't have enough evidence to press the higher charge. There will still be a legal process, but likely Mills will receive little if any punishment and will be allowed to remain on the team.

"He's a good kid," LSU defensive backs coach Corey Raymond said. "I was very shocked with all this. In the court of law, the truth will come out, for either party. So we'll see how that goes. But we've never had any problems with him around here.

"But one incident can give you a bad name. Like I told him, when you choose to be a college football player and God-willing an NFL player, you're held to a different standard. You can't do what a regular person does. The lifestyle is different."

An unidentified woman alleged Mills punched her May 4 outside his apartment door, giving her a gash on the lip and causing her to lose consciousness. Moore said he decided to charge Mills with a misdemeanor because he could not prove specific intent to inflict serious bodily injury...

The Mills case draws significant, one might say disturbing, parallels to the Jeremy Hill case last summer. Like Mills, Hill was a prominent member of the football team. And like Mills, he avoided a more serious charge on the very day football practice began.

This is not to imply preferential treatment on the part of LSU football or the district attorney or Judge Bonnie Jackson in the Hill case.

But all concerned need to try harder to be above even the suspicion of preferential treatment just because someone like Hill can run well or someone like Mills can cover receivers from every position in the LSU secondary. It remains to be seen if Mills, like Hill in the first five quarters of 2013, will serve any sort of game suspension.

jbcarol

Ron Higgins @RonHigg  ·  Aug 25
Les Miles said Jalen Mills is healthy and preparing to play.

Steef

Wonder what it would take to get kicked off that team.

Meantime, kudos to Missouri. My be w second favorite team.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on August 27, 2014, 05:10:25 pm

Ron Higgins @RonHigg  ·  Aug 25
Les Miles said Jalen Mills is healthy and preparing to play.

Did Les check with the girl that Mills punched......to see if she was healthy??

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  4h
#LSU safety Jalen Mills started; four players were suspended, school confirms. Our notebook - http://bit.ly/1tladrt

jbcarol

An arraignment date for LSU defensive back Jalen Mills has been scheduled for Oct. 14, according to court documents.

Mills is charged with simple battery, a misdemeanor, for allegedly striking a woman in a May incident at his apartment complex. He plans to plead not guilty.

Mills' court date is the Tuesday after LSU's game at Florida and before the home game against Kentucky. Judge Richard "Chip" Moore, of the 19th Judicial District in East Baton Rouge Parish, will preside over the arraignment.

Mills started at safety in LSU's first two games. He had a game-changing interception in the season-opening win over Wisconsin in Houston...

QuoteMills, a junior from Texas, had a summer-long suspension lifted on the first day of preseason camp, Aug. 4, when East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore charged him with the misdemeanor. Mills was originally arrested in June on a charge of second-degree battery, a felony.

According to a warrant, the woman needed four stitches to close a gash on her lip following an alleged altercation with Mills after she knocked on Mills' door looking for a friend.

A witness corroborated the victim's story, and both picked Mills out of a photo lineup...

jbcarol

jb11

Quote from: jbcarol on September 12, 2014, 09:21:12 am
JalenMills @Jmills_LSU  ·  24h

Happy he's in my corner ..

Women abuser helper.  Amazing that this has not become more of a story with everything else that is going around about abuse.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  47 minutes ago

#LSU DB Jalen Mills' case sent to trial (simple assault). It will start April 8. Tigers' spring game April 18 - http://bit.ly/1uYYilj

Mills' trial to start during #LSU spring prax, but Tigers won't practice April 3-13 bc of spring break...

QuoteRichard "Chip" Moore will preside over the trial of Mills, a rising senior on the football team who allegedly struck a woman in a May incident at his apartment complex.

Simple battery is punishable by up to six months in prison or a $1,000 fine.

Mills, a Texas native, had a summer-long suspension lifted on the first day of fall camp, Aug. 4, when East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore charged him with the misdemeanor. Mills was originally arrested in June on a charge of second-degree battery, a felony, for allegedly hitting the woman.

According to a warrant, the woman needed four stitches to close a gash on her lip following an alleged altercation with Mills after she knocked on Mills' door looking for a friend. A witness corroborated the victim's story and both picked Mills out of a photo lineup.

Mills' attorney, Brent Stockstill, has said that his client "hit nobody" and that Mills' girlfriend said she hit the woman.

He'll return as the secondary's most experienced player next year.

jbcarol

LSU Tigers @Geaux247  ·  Apr 8

#LSU's Jalen Mills appeared in court today. He's now set for 1 year of pre-trial intervention. http://lsu.247sports.com/Bolt/Update-Mills-situation-clears-up-36675880 ...

QuoteLSU safety Jalen Mills appeared in the 19th Judicial Court in East Baton Rouge Parish on Wednesday morning for his trial for simple battery after he allegedly struck a woman in May at his apartment complex.

Shortly after the court proceedings began, the trail was cancelled as both parties agreed to one year of pre-trial intervention.

Mills, a junior from Texas, had a summer-long suspension lifted on the first day of fall camp, Aug. 4, when his charge was dropped to a misdemeanor. Mills was originally arrested in June on a charge of second-degree battery, a felony.

Mills' attorney, Brent Stockstill, has said that his client "hit nobody", claiming that it was actually Mills' girlfriend who struck the woman.

Mills has started in all 39 games of his LSU career, seeing time at both cornerback and safety.

Glenn Guilbeau        ✔ @LSUBeatTweet

LSU DB Jalen Mills trial for misdemeanor simple battery of woman cancelled as both parties agree to pre trial intervention for one year.

LSU DB Jalen Mills to perform 30 hours community service and be subject to drug tests, East BR parish judge Chip Moore said.
10:13 AM - 8 Apr 2015

HawgnCorona

Quote from: jbcarol on June 11, 2014, 03:03:07 pm

That could be a long time?!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on April 09, 2015, 11:48:50 am
LSU Tigers @Geaux247  ·  Apr 8

#LSU's Jalen Mills appeared in court today. He's now set for 1 year of pre-trial intervention. http://lsu.247sports.com/Bolt/Update-Mills-situation-clears-up-36675880 ...

Glenn Guilbeau        ✔ @LSUBeatTweet

LSU DB Jalen Mills trial for misdemeanor simple battery of woman cancelled as both parties agree to pre trial intervention for one year.

LSU DB Jalen Mills to perform 30 hours community service and be subject to drug tests, East BR parish judge Chip Moore said.
10:13 AM - 8 Apr 2015

How convenient.  In other words......another LSU football player skates, & the alleged victim will probably be driving a new vehicle before too long.....

Interesting that Mills lawyer says that his client....."didn't hit anybody"....yet agreed to perform 30 hours of community service for the alleged incident..... ;D