Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the BOT saying?

Started by mj4president, November 05, 2017, 09:47:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Anyone have any inside info they are sharing?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Ex-Trumpet

Because sources here on Hogville have proven to be so reliable!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Tusks

I wanted mine shaken, not stirred
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggy Hogalot

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 05, 2017, 09:48:03 am
Because sources here on Hogville have proven to be so reliable!!
this made me chuckle. Been reading HV for a long time and this is so true

ricepig

Executive session on Wednesday at 8:45am, I guess someone can hide in the broom closet and get back with us.

jgphillips3

I'm sure what they are saying "off the record" is a lot more interesting than what they will say in a meeting.

Boardon Hamsay

My sources say that the BOT is currently planning an unofficial, leaked statement, specifically for Hogville, that will be delivered by Eddie in Clarksville. Should be riveting...
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

rhames

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 05, 2017, 10:40:32 am
My sources say that the BOT is currently planning an unofficial, leaked statement, specifically for Hogville, that will be delivered by Eddie in Clarksville. Should be riveting...

But will Guv approve?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dropkick

I know someone on the board but I would not be presumptuous enough to question them on what is being said and done.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 10:01:09 am
Executive session on Wednesday at 8:45am, I guess someone can hide in the broom closet and get back with us.
I'm already in there. Y'all send me some pizza and TP.

ballz2thewall

they meet on wednesday. the meeting will not be on campus. they are essentially waiting to see what is brought to the meeting.

per ncaa, the bot's must follow the hierarchy. they advise the functions of the chief executive.

there's not much substance leaking out at this point. after wednesday, that may change.
The rest of the frog.

GuvHog

Quote from: ballz2thewall on November 05, 2017, 12:34:27 pm
they meet on wednesday. the meeting will not be on campus. they are essentially waiting to see what is brought to the meeting.

per ncaa, the bot's must follow the hierarchy. they advise the functions of the chief executive.

there's not much substance leaking out at this point. after wednesday, that may change.

Someone else posted a while back that the BOT is split 5-5 on Jeff Long's future at Arkansas. I don't know if that's true or not.

If it IS true, I hope by Wednesday morning it has shifted to 6-4 against keeping long.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

grayhawg

Jeff Long is probably safe, but if he Keeps Bielema another year and it's anything like this one I'll bet he won't be.

Tusks

JL doesnt have the option of keeping BB another year, that part is done.   

It's about the future and who's going to lead the program into the future.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

elksnort

Quote from: Dropkick on November 05, 2017, 10:44:30 am
I know someone on the board but I would not be presumptuous enough to question them on what is being said and done.
Go ahead and ask. It's not like it's a matter of National Security

ballz2thewall

Quote from: GuvHog on November 05, 2017, 01:03:49 pm
Someone else posted a while back that the BOT is split 5-5 on Jeff Long's future at Arkansas. I don't know if that's true or not.

If it IS true, I hope by Wednesday morning it has shifted to 6-4 against keeping long.

i've not heard a count. i have heard that the immediate concern is long himself. of course, the issue on the table is football, so jlong will try to provide solutions and the bot expects this effort. also, my understanding is that long will not have a free hand in the ultimate decisions, whether officially expressed or not.
The rest of the frog.

hobhog

Quote from: ballz2thewall on November 05, 2017, 01:41:22 pm
i've not heard a count. i have heard that the immediate concern is long himself. of course, the issue on the table is football, so jlong will try to provide solutions and the bot expects this effort. also, my understanding is that long will not have a free hand in the ultimate decisions, whether officially expressed or not.

"I have heard" and "it's my understanding".

Good stuff.

1highhog

Why are you asking this question on Hogville?  No one on here knows what's going on, lol.

swineology

Quote from: mj4president on November 05, 2017, 09:47:12 am
Anyone have any inside info they are sharing?

Hollered at two of them this am

Bert good for 2018

HoopS

That we will have a new coach and Long isn't going anywhere.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: hobhog on November 05, 2017, 01:44:01 pm

Good stuff.

i thought about evoking spirits but didn't want to brag.
The rest of the frog.

ShadowTheHedgehog

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: swineology on November 05, 2017, 01:52:27 pm
Hollered at two of them this am

Bert good for 2018

Do you holler at them before or after they said Bert was good for 2018?😉
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 01:24:22 pm
JL doesnt have the option of keeping BB another year, that part is done.   

It's about the future and who's going to lead the program into the future.

Based on what I have heard as well as what I haven't heard, I think you are absolutely correct..
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on November 05, 2017, 01:34:50 pm
Go ahead and ask. It's not like it's a matter of National Security

I know I have, lol...

moses_007

If the BOT informs Jeffery that either you fire BB or you're gone, then Jeffery will fire him, although reluctantly.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ricepig

Scaife

ricepig

Rice, I love your post.  You got any way of getting into the broom closet cause I know I couldn't get within a mile.  Probably would't understand the jibber jabber if I was in the closet. and if I got a juicy tidbit, I'd forget what I learned before I could spill the beans on Hogville.

HoggyCat

Quote from: GuvHog on November 05, 2017, 01:03:49 pm

It was 5-5 a Long time ago...... there was the Nebraska ordeal and lots of losses since then.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

jgphillips3

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 05, 2017, 10:44:54 am
I'm already in there. Y'all send me some pizza and TP.

So...you are in the closet...

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 05, 2017, 04:01:12 pm

I guess later this week he'll be coming out, not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Hogs-n-Roses

The eightball says Jeff gets an extention(2yr) raise and at some point shortly after the season is over after much questioned silence ,we hear all the injuries listed to us and Bielema will get next year. Only way this changes is if one of the camps in the BOT strengthens itself seriously and Jeff gets told that in order to get said contract then he must fire Big un and is going to be muzzled on the new hire.JMO

AirWarren

I have been told by a reliable source that the BOT was up the entire weekend slamming
Coffee, doughnuts and Pepsi trying to come up with a resolution.

My source also tells me....4pm pressor today.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hoggy Hogalot on November 05, 2017, 09:56:04 am
this made me chuckle. Been reading HV for a long time and this is so true

Agreed. The ones that are most emphatic are wrong the most.

Al Boarland

Quote from: hobhog on November 05, 2017, 01:44:01 pm

Good stuff.

I'd rather see that than posters saying anything is already done.

Only in America and mostly at the U of A.

A poor Kid could try to steal his way into a home game because he didn't have a ticket, get caught and the BOT would spend millions improving security and prosecute the Kid.

Bret can just walk in anytime, anywhere at the stadium while stealing millions and awarded time after time with no concerns.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 05, 2017, 04:01:12 pm
Walked right into that one. SO I PULL OUT MY GUN!

longtimeHogfan

November 06, 2017, 06:54:14 am #40 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:16:18 pm by longtimeHogfan
Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 06, 2017, 06:40:26 am
Walked right into that one.SO I PULL OUT MY GUN!

".....Excuse me while I whip this out......"
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

ricepig

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 06, 2017, 06:54:14 am
".....pardon me while I whip this out......"

This is what makes HV great, we may disagree on the coach, QB, flavor of carbonated beverage, but we know classic movie lines! Although, it's "excuse me"......

netteltonhog

The smallest crowd ever at Razorback stadium will definitely get the BOT's attention. Season tickets may be paid for, but the lack of concessions sales, empty restaurants and hotels will find them receiving pressure from all directions.  Hoping for good news on the 8th!

ricepig

Quote from: netteltonhog on November 06, 2017, 07:22:56 am
The smallest crowd ever at Razorback stadium will definitely get the BOT's attention. Season tickets may be paid for, but the lack of concessions sales, empty restaurants and hotels will find them receiving pressure from all directions.  Hoping for good news on the 8th!

According to today's ADG, 5th smallest crowd since the expansion in 2001.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 10:01:09 am

Pretty sure it's Thursday morning

HognotinMemphis

When fit hits the shan, no person at the U of A retains basic carte blanche over their area. The chancellor is "interested" in U of A football because it drives applicants to the university as well as donations to the general U of A as well as to the RF. The BOT becomes "interested" for those same reasons. Long is not sitting on a throne handing down edicts on what coaches get to stay and which ones are going to be fired.

It's obvious Long needs assistance with his job in both the hiring and firing of coaches. I believe that regardless of what Long thinks or wants regarding Bielema, to quote an old Eagles' tune, Bielema is, Already Gone and he has already been told so. 
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 04:02:46 pm
I guess later this week he'll be coming out, not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Most importantly, does he have cell service in the closet?

hogblitz

EastexHawg

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 05, 2017, 03:54:14 pm
It was 5-5 a Long time ago...... there was the Nebraska ordeal and lots of losses since then.

I am going to destroy my liver if Long is canned.

EastexHawg

Forget asking on Hogville, someone needs to find this guy...

https://youtu.be/XYH0LAKZt1E