Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does this one top Ole Miss?

Started by orvillesghost, September 10, 2016, 10:04:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snouty

This win does not top the Ole Miss win last year.  That has to be one of the greatest wins in Razorback history, right up there with the Miracle on Markham and the 14-13 win at Austin in 1964. 

Nonetheless, this was in the top 10 all time. 

hawgXi

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 10, 2016, 10:32:53 pm
Plus, like you mentioned above, this game has huge implications on how our season could unfold. We're 2-0, just beat a ranked team in the road, and survived double-overtime. Even though it wasn't a conference game, it will have the players believing that they can win every game they play. Plus, it's about time Arkansas truly repesented the SEC on the big stage. The last time we had that opportunity, we let OSU beat us in the Sugar Bowl.

Yes. This road win on a prominent ranked TCU team was a statement game for our program

hogpc

hamARchy in the USA

The trend over the last few years appears to have turned from crazy losses to crazy wins.  Now the players and fans can wonder what's going to happen to win these games rather than what's going to happen to lose them.

Murr

Nope.  Hogs left huge points in the red zone.  This game should have been over at the beginning of the 4th quarter

SooiecidetillNuttgone

It's not "seen in a hokey movie" bigger because that's the Ole Miss game.

It's bigger though because we executed and outperformed several plays in a row when we had to.

Skill is always more impressive than random luck for me.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

alohawg

Tough call, I had a euphoric feeling for both, so it's all good. Go hogs!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

BirmingHam

No, Ol Piss was bigger.  It made a statement that we were no longer the bottom feeder of the west.  This game tonight has big ramifications, but not on the level of last year.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 10, 2016, 10:24:29 pm
You can't top beating a conference team some of us already have bad blood with. Especially the way it went down.

Spot on

Pudgepork

No.  This was a great win for the program rebuild, but it's still
TCU.   Regardless of TCU being well coached and ranked, Hogs
own this series.  Like Holtz said, act like you've been there before
The crushed looks on the Horny fans throughout different Hog
scores was priceless but nothing compared to the destroyed,
shocked and dismayed look on the webble fans last year   
The true agony of defeat.   

Enjoy this win but save the superlatives for wins as Hogs notch
away wins against programs that own the series leads against them.
There is plenty of notching to do.   aTm of recent years, Bama, LSU,
Fla, UGA, tejas

Hawgzinbowlz

Equal as a program builder. Slightly less drama. "GO HOGS"