David Gordon article

Started by tendu, July 20, 2008, 12:28:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tendu

Hogbody

J.A.Y.

Great Find Tendu!

Thanks for the link.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

canonhog

I put Arkansas up aginst LSU,Arkansas won that sounds awesome. :razorback: :razorback:
Canonhog

jackflash

Maybe this will be the start for others to choose us. Sometimes its takes just one great recruit.

COCHISE

Quote from: jackflash on July 20, 2008, 11:28:08 am
Maybe this will be the start for others to choose us. Sometimes its takes just one great recruit.
Going into Tulsa and getting another recruit, especially one that Oklahoma was after, could end up paying dividends in the future also.

hoggystyle78

LR Hog

This kid is going to be a stud.
Like a boss.

cosmodrum

"I have been thinking about it a lot and Arkansas is just in my heart," Gordon said. "I put Michigan up against Arkansas and Arkansas won. I put LSU up against Arkansas and Arkansas won and then I put OU up against Arkansas and Arkansas won. So there was just no reason to wait."

That's bad ass.

:razorback:
Go away, batin'

Tulsa World reports that although other teams said he could run track, Arkansas was the only school that actually gave him the track coaches phone numbers.  Kid is a 3 star with likely more stars coming if he keeps doing well. 

WyomingTiger8888

Good get for Ar.but he didnt have a committable offer from LSU.He's a burner.

Hogdomer

Quote from: lsu8888 on July 24, 2008, 09:23:08 am
Good get for Ar.but he didnt have a committable offer from LSU.He's a burner.

What is a "committable" offer?  Either he got an offer or he didn't.

Also, in the history of college football, has there ever been a recruit who LSU actually offered that went to another school?  If so, no LSU fan I know has ever acknowledged it.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Hogdomer on July 24, 2008, 09:35:24 am

Also, in the history of college football, has there ever been a recruit who LSU actually offered that went to another school?  If so, no LSU fan I know has ever acknowledged it.

Not all offers are equal. When a school starts sending out offers in the winter they will send numerous offers to players they are very interested in. However, every school has a recruiting board with players ranked by position. If a school needs 2 RB's in that particular recruiting class then they are going to send out about 8-10 offers to RB's. They are going to have those 10 RB's ranked on their board. Let's say RB #9 is ready to commit, but #'s 2, 4, and 5 have major interest in that school then the school  is not going to accept #9's commitment. This happens quite often, but never gets published because a recruit is never going to say publically that the school shunned them. They are always going to say that they dropped the school. The school can't comment, so that is what gets written.

I use common sense when it comes down to these things. When it comes to Gordon. LSU has 2 CB's currently committed since March in Drayton Calhoun and Janzen Jackson. LSU only needs 2 CB's in this class, but would take 3 if a super star would commit. A superstar with any interest in LSU at this time would be Gabe Lynn, Darius Winston, Dre Kirkpatrick, or Branden Smith. I think it is a long-shot for LSU to get any of the 4, but if one were to commit then LSU would jump all over them. If not, then LSU has their 2 CB's and don't need another for this class.

Numerous recruits turn down LSU every single year. From last year alone on top of my head there was EJ Manuel, Jermaine Thomas, Antoine McClain, JB Shugarts, Matt Patchan, Brendan Beal, Arthur Brown, and TJ Bryant. 

Rebel64

Quote from: Hogdomer on July 24, 2008, 09:35:24 am

No to sound negative but he may have looked real hard at the depth charts and decided like Jerico Nelson that he didn't want to sit for 2 or 3 years before he saw the feild.  This may be the reason he said we won.

Petrinohoggy

You LSU fans do realize he is the HIGHEST rated 3* period, most like going to be a 4*. He is rated #26 at his position and #25 is a 4*. He can more than hold is own and probably could have committed to any of those schools. Last time I check neither me nor you talked to the HC about who they have offered.

El Puerco

Quote from: Tammany Tom on July 24, 2008, 10:34:14 am
Not all offers are equal. When a school starts sending out offers in the winter they will send numerous offers to players they are very interested in. However, every school has a recruiting board with players ranked by position. If a school needs 2 RB's in that particular recruiting class then they are going to send out about 8-10 offers to RB's. They are going to have those 10 RB's ranked on their board. Let's say RB #9 is ready to commit, but #'s 2, 4, and 5 have major interest in that school then the school  is not going to accept #9's commitment. This happens quite often, but never gets published because a recruit is never going to say publically that the school shunned them. They are always going to say that they dropped the school. The school can't comment, so that is what gets written.

I use common sense when it comes down to these things. When it comes to Gordon. LSU has 2 CB's currently committed since March in Drayton Calhoun and Janzen Jackson. LSU only needs 2 CB's in this class, but would take 3 if a super star would commit. A superstar with any interest in LSU at this time would be Gabe Lynn, Darius Winston, Dre Kirkpatrick, or Branden Smith. I think it is a long-shot for LSU to get any of the 4, but if one were to commit then LSU would jump all over them. If not, then LSU has their 2 CB's and don't need another for this class.

Numerous recruits turn down LSU every single year. From last year alone on top of my head there was EJ Manuel, Jermaine Thomas, Antoine McClain, JB Shugarts, Matt Patchan, Brendan Beal, Arthur Brown, and TJ Bryant. 

Just let us have our fun on this one. 

saywhat?

Quote from: Tammany Tom on July 24, 2008, 10:34:14 am

Very true. 

Rebel64

Quote from: Petrinohoggy on July 26, 2008, 04:14:31 am
You LSU fans do realize he is the HIGHEST rated 3* period, most like going to be a 4*. He is rated #26 at his position and #25 is a 4*. He can more than hold is own and probably could have committed to any of those schools. Last time I check neither me nor you talked to the HC about who they have offered.

Do you realize players get offers but they are based on who else commits or by position. Montrel Conner the 4 star RB/LB from Monroe LA tried to commit to LSU in the spring and his offer was for LB and he wants to play RB so LSU would not take his offer.  His favorite now is Miss State.  So it does happen.

SPAL

Quote from: Rebel64 on July 26, 2008, 02:18:27 pm
Do you realize players get offers but they are based on who else commits or by position. Montrel Conner the 4 star RB/LB from Monroe LA tried to commit to LSU in the spring and his offer was for LB and he wants to play RB so LSU would not take his offer.  His favorite now is Miss State.  So it does happen.

Was he or was he not offered by LSU?

A simple yes or no will work.

bigeasyhog

July 26, 2008, 09:46:49 pm #20 Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:51:14 pm by bigeasyhog
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 26, 2008, 07:04:05 pm
Was he or was he not offered by LSU?

A simple yes or no will work.

the Times-Picayune provided a paragraph of space to his commitment, when announced last week. They rarely cover any Hog news. They cited the Ar Democrat-Gazette as their source,and went on to say he chose the Hogs over LSU and OU.

So, they were very aware of his announcement down here. You can reason thru the press coverage in the New Orleans paper. BTW, it was right next to a larger write up on the o-lineman from AL who had just commited to them.