Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Bielema quit recruiting to Arkansas?

Started by Piggfoot, November 21, 2017, 11:46:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

A couple of things make me think he has. 
If you recall when he came he convinced some players he supposedly was recruiting to Wisconsin to come to Arkansas.

He has only 11 commits now. Interesting Alabama only has 11 commits but I suspect their bench is much deeper than ours... well I know it is.

He was supposedly on the recruiting trail last Sunday. I wonder what he is telling them.

I'm not that worried about the Arkansas kids.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

HossHog

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 21, 2017, 11:46:14 pm
If you recall when he came he convinced some players he supposedly was recruiting to Wisconsin to come to Arkansas.

He has only 11 commits now. Interesting Alabama only has 11 commits but I suspect their bench is much deeper than ours... well I know it is.

He was supposedly on the recruiting trail last Sunday. I wonder what he is telling them.

So before about a week ago we were only going to sign about 15-18 so he really wasn't that far off. And honestly right now he is recruiting like he plans on being here next year, he is recruiting a lot of juco guys for immediate help. Another thing is that Bielema is a REALLY a good guy, things obviously didn't work out here. He is not the type of guy to just quit on a job.

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs

Arkansas coaching staff plans to continue recruiting push amid uncertainty  #WPS http://sec.news/2zUT6WN
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

King Kong

Actually he has been recruiting harder. Which is more frustrating than anything

onebadrubi

What are the names of the kids besides Collins that he continued to recruit when he came to Arkansas, that he was already actively on at Wisconsin?

Piggfoot

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 22, 2017, 07:33:45 am
What are the names of the kids besides Collins that he continued to recruit when he came to Arkansas, that he was already actively on at Wisconsin?
wasn't he recruiting Kirkland?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 22, 2017, 08:10:27 am
wasn't he recruiting Kirkland?

I'm pretty sure Kirkland was a Pittman deal exclusively, but don't hold me to that.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Do you regularly follow recruiting?  I'm assuming not. A program is only allowed to have 85 scholarship football players.  Coach B ha done a good job of retention.  Arkansas has limited scholarships to offer this year. 

pigskenG

The five JC players that we are currently recruiting sound great on paper. Size and speed. And for the positions we need to upgrade. IMO.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 22, 2017, 10:08:46 am
I'm pretty sure Kirkland was a Pittman deal exclusively, but don't hold me to that.

Randy Shannon.

Richard Davenport

They had five JC guys in over the weekend and they have plans to host kids the three weekends in Dec. No, he and the staff didn't quit recruiting.

Smashmouth2004

Recruiting? This comes down to our assistant coaches and their ability to go to a school or recruits house and impress them. The problem is Bielema has had such a turnover of assistant coaches that he really can't hire anyone that can recruit. He had trouble keeping coaches at Wisconsin and he's having the same problem here. We lose Pittman and he brings in a coach who and I quote, "is not a good recruiter but a great teaching coach."  The fact is we have NO talent on this team especially on the offensive and defensive lines. Bielema is a great guy, kids love him but for some reason good assistant coaches don't want anything to do with him.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on November 22, 2017, 12:36:20 pm
Recruiting? This comes down to our assistant coaches and their ability to go to a school or recruits house and impress them. The problem is Bielema has had such a turnover of assistant coaches that he really can't hire anyone that can recruit. He had trouble keeping coaches at Wisconsin and he's having the same problem here. We lose Pittman and he brings in a coach who and I quote, "is not a good recruiter but a great teaching coach."  The fact is we have NO talent on this team especially on the offensive and defensive lines. Bielema is a great guy, kids love him but for some reason good assistant coaches don't want anything to do with him.

You have a source for the quote about Anderson?

Scott7703

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 22, 2017, 11:12:02 pm

Does he need one? The product on the field and the fact he's landed ZERO impact lineman make it true if it's only his opinion.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 23, 2017, 06:45:31 am

Does he need one? The product on the field and the fact he's landed ZERO impact lineman make it true if it's only his opinion.

I'm not seeing a great teaching coach out of Anderson....

Potosihog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 22, 2017, 11:12:02 pm

He doesn't have one because CBB didn't say that.  I believe he said "not just a good recruiter but a great teacher" or something along those lines. 

The tendency of humanity is, once the worm turns, nothing can be good about a person.  We must hate everything about them and dismiss all good. 

I too think it is time for CBB to go but the man did some things very well.

RideTillIDieHawg

Doubt it, think of the restaurants he gets to go to across the country on recruiting trips.