Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jerry World

Started by cram224, September 25, 2016, 10:52:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cram224

I think we need to take a serious look at the A&M series going back to a home and home. We would not have lost the last 4 if 2 of the games had been played at DWRRS. Jerry Jones has done his magic with the Cowboys, now he's making it hard on the Razorbacks. Playing a Texas school in Texas is not a neutral site. Jeff Long needs to ask himself if its fair that we get paid the same amount for a conference road game as A&M.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: cram224 on September 25, 2016, 10:52:36 am
I think we need to take a serious look at the A&M series going back to a home and home. We would not have lost the last 4 if 2 of the games had been played at DWRRS. Jerry Jones has done his magic with the Cowboys, now he's making it hard on the Razorbacks. Playing a Texas school in Texas is not a neutral site. Jeff Long needs to ask himself if its fair that we get paid the same amount for a conference road game as A&M.

Were you saying the same thing when we won the first three ?

aTm

Ags want out of this badly. We MUCH prefer games at Kyle Field. You will have Ags full support if Hogs wanted out.

ricepig

We are there through the end of the contract in 2024. We have our largest fan base outside of Arkansas in the DFW area, it's important for recruiting both in football and college students, and we make $3M every year from the game.

Carl Lazlo

Missing out on a chance to get official visitors and their parents the opportunity to see that beautiful campus every other year on the A&M weekend is a disadvantage.  Maybe OOC game in Jerry's world but not conference.  They need to find a way out of the contract the same time WM is discontinued.

ricepig

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on September 25, 2016, 11:44:16 am
Missing out on a chance to get official visitors and their parents the opportunity to see that beautiful campus every other year on the A&M weekend is a disadvantage.  Maybe OOC game in Jerry's world but not conference.  They need to find a way out of the contract the same time WM is discontinued.

We are missing guys next week because of being at WMS, when we are the home team, we can have unofficials at AT+T. We can give more game tickets for 1 game in AT+T unofficial visits then we can ever get up to Fayetteville for guys from the Metroplex.

BadHog

So you are blaming the venue on our losses?
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

BorderPatrol

Haha!!!

Good try, sir.

bp

cram224

I was saying if any 2 of the last 4 games had been played at DWRRS we would have NOT lost the last 4 games.

cram224

If 3 million is all we get that is a bad deal. Our largest fan base outside Arkansas is DFW, so what. A&M's largest fan base outside College Station is DFW. Recruiting in Texas, please prove how it has helped compared to years pass.

ricepig

Quote from: cram224 on September 25, 2016, 04:59:29 pm
If 3 million is all we get that is a bad deal. Our largest fan base outside Arkansas is DFW, so what. A&M's largest fan base outside College Station is DFW. Recruiting in Texas, please prove how it has helped compared to years pass.

We get $3M every year, so that's $6M in a two year cycle. If it was home and home, it would be zero for going to aTm, and $4M for our home game. As far as recruiting, the coaches and administration say it's a great help, I guess ask them.

cram224

Sometimes you have to talk the company line or lose your job.

ricepig

Quote from: cram224 on September 25, 2016, 05:14:31 pm
Sometimes you have to talk the company line or lose your job.

And sometimes you believe it, you can believe about the money.

cram224

You know, the foundation is taking in more money now than when the contract was signed. I'm just getting tired of being squeezed for more money ever year. Ricepig, have they talked to you about helping with filling in the north end zone yet.

ricepig

Quote from: cram224 on September 25, 2016, 05:43:07 pm
You know, the foundation is taking in more money now than when the contract was signed. I'm just getting tired of being squeezed for more money ever year. Ricepig, have they talked to you about helping with filling in the north end zone yet.

Yeah, they actually have, and I said yes.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BadHog on September 25, 2016, 11:49:52 am
So you are blaming the venue on our losses?

Many in sports feel the home field is an advantage.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

cram224

How do you think that 3 year plan will work out? I can't commit yet.

Tusks

Move the A/M to home and home, let Jerry put another team (TCU, Baylor, TTech, Okie Lite) against the Hogs for $2M instead of $3M and the Hogs still get their $6M on their 2 game cycles, the Hogs get a game in Dallas etc. etc. but the conference game with A/M is then home and home.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Sivad

Jerry Jones has done his magic with the Cowboys, now he's making it hard on the Razorbacks.
Now I've seen it all.
Don't know whether to laugh or cry, but laughing is winning out.

ricepig

Quote from: cram224 on September 25, 2016, 05:49:52 pm
How do you think that 3 year plan will work out? I can't commit yet.

Wanting to take all 5 of your official visits, lol? I'm sure whatever they decide on will work, I'm waiting to see what my options are.

RazorbackRon

OP knows not of what he speaks.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

cram224

I guess I'm just a poor boy that don't need a new suite. I tired of giving. RazorbackRon you pick up the slack

ImHogginIt

Quote from: cram224 on September 25, 2016, 06:25:28 pm
I guess I'm just a poor boy that don't need a new suite. I tired of giving. RazorbackRon you pick up the slack

At least you can afford a suite. Glad I'm just happy to be in the upperdeck at RRS and Jerry World  ;D

cram224

I tried to start an honest discussion about the yearly game at Jerry World. From a coaches standpoint, 2 million, home game. I think I take the home game ever other year. Just saying.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: cram224 on September 25, 2016, 06:25:28 pm

We have only attended twice (the last 2 yrs) and purchased the 'cheap' $125 seats (section 401 both times).

In case you 'tuned' out, I'll repost the post you need to reread  (several times).

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 11:32:57 am
We are there through the end of the contract in 2024. We have our largest fan base outside of Arkansas in the DFW area, it's important for recruiting both in football and college students, and we make $3M every year from the game.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

cram224

I read Ricepig quote. So your point is what. I hope like hell the game is not for recruiting "College Students". As for as football recruiting, 5 or 6 games in Jerry World and we haven't seen an uptick in Texas recruiting. As a matter of fact, since we started the series in Jerry World, TCU, Baylor, A&M, TT and OSU have become better football programs with Texas players. We seam to be less and less down the pecking order with the top players in Texas.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: cram224 on September 25, 2016, 07:05:05 pm
I read Ricepig quote. So your point is what. I hope like hell the game is not for recruiting "College Students". As for as football recruiting, 5 or 6 games in Jerry World and we haven't seen an uptick in Texas recruiting. As a matter of fact, since we started the series in Jerry World, TCU, Baylor, A&M, TT and OSU have become better football programs with Texas players. We seam to be less and less down the pecking order with the top players in Texas.

7 of the 22 in the two deep last night are from Texas. That's 30%. Also the two kickers were from Texas so it is kind of nice to play there. Coaches say it helps recruiting.