Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Coaching Error

Started by carolinahogger, September 25, 2016, 10:25:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

carolinahogger

It was absolutely stupid to have Allen dropping back, passing, and getting hammered on every down when we were 21 points down with less than 3 minutes remaining in the game.

It's a simple benefit vs risk calculation: We had zero chance to win the game.  There was a very real chance that AA gets injured with the defense teeing off on him every play.  Get AA knocked out for the season and we won't make ANY bowl.

Pigdiana Jones

Probably should have played Storey but then again AA needs experience.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Arkansas Fan

My god people, stop bitching.

BadHog

Quote from: carolinahogger on September 25, 2016, 10:25:08 am
It was absolutely stupid to have Allen dropping back, passing, and getting hammered on every down when we were 21 points down with less than 3 minutes remaining in the game.

It's a simple benefit vs risk calculation: We had zero chance to win the game.  There was a very real chance that AA gets injured with the defense teeing off on him every play.  Get AA knocked out for the season and we won't make ANY bowl.

Absolutely agree. Thought the same thing as I watched him take hit after hit after hit. WTH? Our play calling was stupid and stubborn all night.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

BorderPatrol

code red

I got a problem with the called qb runs for sure.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

tophawg19

they should have put storey in. to keep Allen alive . haven't any reports this morning of his passing . but i'd bet he is sore
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Danny J

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 25, 2016, 01:07:18 pm
they should have put storey in. to keep Allen alive . haven't any reports this morning of his passing . but i'd bet he is sore
I can't imagine the pain he is in today. That was an absolute pounding and he took it like a man. He is a warrior.

hobhog

Score, onside kick, score, onside kick, score.

You play to win the game.

Torqued pork

No doubt. He got knocked around like a pinball the whole game and was grimacing after every play late in the game. The upside of keeping him in wasn't much.

RazorWhacker

No. No, they shouldn't have.

Ty doesn't need to come into that situation and get his confidence obliterated the way Brandon did.

Austin is fine. Sore, I'm sure, but fine. It was best to keep him in the game and get used to it. He will have to endure much more of it in the next year and two thirds. Might as well have some tough callouses.

This week would be a much wiser time to play Ty.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: RazorWhacker on September 25, 2016, 01:32:09 pm
No. No, they shouldn't have.

Ty doesn't need to come into that situation and get his confidence obliterated the way Brandon did.

Austin is fine. Sore, I'm sure, but fine. It was best to keep him in the game and get used to it. He will have to endure much more of it in the next year and two thirds. Might as well have some tough callouses.

This week would be a much wiser time to play Ty.

This is hogville, you're not allowed to use common sense like that.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Beaverfever

The only thing I really questioned was the called QB keeper on 2nd down down 21 with like 5 minutes left, particularly when you consider that we seemed hesitant to let Allen run the whole game.  We waited until we had lost the game to let the best player on our team have the ball every play. 

Hogtimes

Quote from: carolinahogger on September 25, 2016, 10:25:08 am

I agree. If you are afraid to play a backup, at least do not put Allen in harms way on every down.

pigroots

We ran too much..we passed too much...the truth is we got physically whipped. Sometimes good teams do that to you

carolinahogger

Quote from: hobhog on September 25, 2016, 01:18:28 pm

And our chance of getting three TDs, recovering two onside kicks in less than three minutes?  It's far less than 1%, probably less than 1/2%.  OTOH, dropping AA back to pass and getting him hit on every down what is the chance of having him injured.

And here is what is at stake:  If AA gets knocked out with a season ending injury then this team has two more wins this season: Alcorn and a split with MSU and Missouri.  So while your answer is all tough guy sounding, it's stupid.  But I know that it will play well on Hogville with all of you guys who used to be able to throw the football over that mountain.

carolinahogger

Quote from: Hogtimes on September 25, 2016, 03:02:29 pm
I agree. If you are afraid to play a backup, at least do not put Allen in harms way on every down.

Right.  I don't care whether they play the backup or not.  Hand the ball to the running backs.  The game was over.

hogpc

This is a ridiculous thread!

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hobhog on September 25, 2016, 01:18:28 pm

This!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

The only problem I had with our play calling was that we should have used more play action on first downs. And the goal line play calling was pretty stubborn. We don't have the biggest O-line in all of football anymore. Just saying. Other than that I was cool with it.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"