Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The good news !!!!

Started by picksleaguehog, September 25, 2016, 09:39:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

picksleaguehog

Austin Allen displayed the quickest release with accuracy and smarts that I've ever seen from and Arky QB.  Mallet's arm a little bigger - but no mobility - not as smart - and way longer wind up and release.

Hogs lost because of a dumb targeting penalty - playing safeties that need to learn what the role of a "safety" is - and bad goal line strategy for their skill set.

Goal line is an easy fix.  Spread out Hatcher - Sprinkle - Morgan. With Austin's accurate and quick release - they can shred people in man coverage - if they help we run into a favorable box.  They do this and they will start scoring from the goal line easily.

This group has the QB and skill guys to be dangerous with a sub par offensive line.

If they can fix the line into a good one by next year - they could have a really special year.  They can still have a good year this year - maybe a Jan 1 bowl - but possible playoff contender next year if they grow.

Whoo Pig

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

picksleaguehog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on September 25, 2016, 09:41:37 am
Targeting call was BS

Wish i could agree but that will be called every game every time.  Can't take 2 steps after ball hits ground and still deliver a blow.  If he had tried to pull up but still made contact you would have a point - but that's not the case.  Can't get better if you don't recognize the truth.  That wasn't even close

elksnort

jjdlc

Quote from: picksleaguehog on September 25, 2016, 09:44:06 am
Wish i could agree but that will be called every game every time.  Can't take 2 steps after ball hits ground and still deliver a blow.  If he had tried to pull up but still made contact you would have a point - but that's not the case.  Can't get better if you don't recognize the truth.  That wasn't even close

No one is going to argue it wasn't a late hit.  What they are calling BS is the ejection.

sigpooie

the hit he laid was natural for collision, This call and about 4 other times they did it to us, shows Refs do not like our coach or players. We need Uncommon Refs..
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

picksleaguehog

Quote from: jjdlc on September 25, 2016, 09:47:39 am
No one is going to argue it wasn't a late hit.  What they are calling BS is the ejection.

Our guys head collided with their guys head on what u admitted was a clear late hit.  They wouldn't review and uphold if that wasn't the case. 

nchogg

Quote from: picksleaguehog on September 25, 2016, 09:51:15 am
Our guys head collided with their guys head on what u admitted was a clear late hit.  They wouldn't review and uphold if that wasn't the case.
Correct!

hobhog

We got ourselves a QB. Lots of season left. Bama will be tough but need to keep pushing and good season can still be had.

This is a rebuilding year offensively and most everyone knew it.

hawg IQ

Quote from: picksleaguehog on September 25, 2016, 09:44:06 am

Seems like each time I comment on calls, about 14 pretend rules experts jump on my post correcting me. I thought more than just the call, it was a convenient call and gave them a first down. A&M got convenient calls all night, but then again hogs got calls too and they were good calls.

But all in all, atm has more talent , more speed.  I really don't like playing down there ever year, it seems like a continual home game for them.

I think the reality is we're just not a good football team yet !?  Austin Allen is better than we thought. I don't really know how "bad" the offensive line is, buts its bad ! Running backs just average ( recruiting been bad there) Linebackers try to do too much and often get out of position , no excuse for their qb getting several long runs.
Coaching has been just "ok" this year. I still think Enos is very good at play calling. D Reed killed us last night, he is underachieving this year.

in the end a loss is a loss...just gotta move on from here.
go hogs go !

Carl Lazlo

All those links AA took and not a single one late? Just not buying it.

jjdlc

Quote from: picksleaguehog on September 25, 2016, 09:51:15 am

Collision of the heads does not equal targeting.  That same incidental contact of the helmets happens all the time.  8 out of ten times that ejection would probably be overturned.  In fact it was in two other games I watched yesterday.   The real problem is, there is currently zero conus tench in enforcing the rule right now.

hawg IQ

Quote from: jjdlc on September 25, 2016, 11:00:12 am
Collision of the heads does not equal targeting.  That same incidental contact of the helmets happens all the time.  8 out of ten times that ejection would probably be overturned.  In fact it was in two other games I watched yesterday.   The real problem is, there is currently zero conus tench in enforcing the rule right now.
Did you not hear TV guy going on and on about it being targeting, he was also anti hogs in TCU game. You ever notice where about 90 percent of reviews go against us.
go hogs go !

Hoggish1

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on September 25, 2016, 09:41:37 am
Targeting call was BS

No it wasn't.  What was BS was Coley not seeing, from 20' away, that the corner had done a great job of tipping the ball.  Making them punt from their end zone get the ball at the 50, or better and put them away...

That' what was BS!

BadHog

Austin Allen is the real deal no doubt.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

tzthib

Quote from: hobhog on September 25, 2016, 09:55:16 am
We got ourselves a QB. Lots of season left. Bama will be tough but need to keep pushing and good season can still be had.

This is a rebuilding year offensively and most everyone knew it.

True, but we seem to have more than our fair share of rebuilding years.

jjdlc

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 25, 2016, 11:47:42 am
No it wasn't.  What was BS was Coley not seeing, from 20' away, that the corner had done a great job of tipping the ball.  Making them punt from their end zone get the ball at the 50, or better and put them away...

That' what was BS!

That's very true too, Coley should not have put himself in the position for it to have mattered.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!