Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next up: Alcorn State

Started by FANONTHEHILL, September 25, 2016, 07:53:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

Today, the team will meet at the Fred Smith Center to start prepping for Alcorn State.
Are they mad? Yes.  Are they upset with themselves? Yes.  Can they dwell on it? No.  The
players and coaches have a job to do and it's time to go to work.  They don't live in Hogville, so they can't sit around and dwell on a bad game and point fingers.  They have to go to work.

For the "SKY IS FALLING" crowd, let's look back at where we are.

This summer we were going to be awful because:
1) Our QB had never started a game or thrown a dozen D-1 passes.
2) We lost Collins and Williams, so we had no proven run game.
3) Offensive Line overhaul
4) No pass rush
5) LBs can't cover
6) DBs can't defend the pass
7) Can't make a Field Goal

Several in the media had Arkansas at 6-6.  Too many questions to answer.  With all that being said, it is very likely Arkansas will be 4-1 heading into the Alabama on October 8th.  If you would told me that on July 1st, I would have gladly taken it.  After A&M and Bama, the biggest challenges on he schedule are in the rear view mirror.  There is a lot to work on and fix.  There is also a lot more football to be played.

No one is happy about the A&M game, but it's time to get back to work. 
The players and coaches will at 2pm today.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

WATER HOG

Dr. Starcs

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 25, 2016, 07:53:52 am
Today, the team will meet at the Fred Smith Center to start prepping for Alcorn State.
Are they mad? Yes.  Are they upset with themselves? Yes.  Can they dwell on it? No.  The
players and coaches have a job to do and it's time to go to work.  They don't live in Hogville, so they can't sit around and dwell on a bad game and point fingers.  They have to go to work.

4) No pass rush
5) LBs can't cover

Several in the media had Arkansas at 6-6.  Too many questions to answer.  With all that being said, it is very likely Arkansas will be 4-1 heading into the Alabama on October 8th.  If you would told me that on July 1st, I would have gladly taken it.  After A&M and Bama, the biggest challenges on he schedule are in the rear view mirror.  There is a lot to work on and fix.  There is also a lot more football to be played.

Unfortunately, this will fall on deaf ears of the vast majority who will read it. Hopefully the players and coaches will flush this one quickly and move on.

Dark Helmet Hog

4) No pass rush
5) LBs can't cover

Great post. It is time to move on. However, my hatred for A&M has only grown deeper. I hope they lose the rest of their games.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 25, 2016, 08:05:17 am
Great post. It is time to move on. However, my hatred for A&M has only grown deeper. I hope they lose the rest of their games.
If they get healthy, they may not lose at all.  As much as I hate to say it, they're a top 5 team.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

JaketheSnake

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 25, 2016, 08:11:35 am
If they get healthy, they may not lose at all.  As much as I hate to say it, they're a top 5 team.
If they had a QB who could pass, they would beat just about anybody as bad as they wanted.  Chavis has done a great job with their D.  Good team this year.

runninhog

4) No pass rush
5) LBs can't cover

Great post. Total agreement.

runninhog

I hope we can give AA a chance to heal this week. He needs it.

ricepig

Quote from: runninhog on September 25, 2016, 08:19:55 am
I hope we can give AA a chance to heal this week. He needs it.

Hopefully, he hands the ball off about 20 times in the first half next Saturday, and sits the whole second half.

Marshfieldhog

Why so many question marks in year 4? A good coach doesn't have that many question marks in year 4 do they?

Kevin

great post.

we are just replacing too much on offense this year to make a real run.

still troubled by the lack of difference makers on the oline, and depth at linebacker

I would sit AA next week.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on September 25, 2016, 08:35:07 am
great post.

we are just replacing too much on offense this year to make a real run.

still troubled by the lack of difference makers on the oline, and depth at linebacker

I would sit AA next week.

Speed at LB and in the secondary is troubling. A QB out ran our safeties all night, and he wasn't an "athlete" back there.

OutlawHawg

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 25, 2016, 08:32:41 am
Why so many question marks in year 4? A good coach doesn't have that many question marks in year 4 do they?

Go away with that logic.

Kevin

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 25, 2016, 08:32:41 am

the way the classes fell, year 3 was cbb chance to break out. year 4 was always going to be a rebuild. especially when it became apparent both henry & Collins would leave early. Kirkland leaving was a big blow. Plus think about it, hatcher was suppose to be gone by now also.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogwood

Amen! Football fans are nuts! Last week they were pouring on the praise for Bielema, this week they are calling for his head!

For the record I had us going 6-6 too. I have been impressed with the staff and this team so far.