Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 05, 2024, 05:47:50 pm

Who's to blame?

Started by Dr. Starcs, September 25, 2016, 07:44:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

For last nights loss, without singling out an individual player? Put a % on it.

Defense 30%,
Dan Enos 25%
O-Line 20%
Robb Smith 15%
Bret Bielema 10%

maknbacn

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 25, 2016, 07:44:27 am

Defense 30%,
Dan Enos 25%
O-Line 20%
Robb Smith 15%
Bret Bielema 10%

Talent 30%
Recruiting 25%
Talent 20%
Recruiting 15%
Recruiting 15%

For the hogs to beat better talent it's going to take a virtually mistake free game (hard to do) and a little help from the other teams. Last night we had the help with a couple turnovers but we had way too many blunders...coaching calls seem easy to blame on the goal line but cmon...if we can't move the ball 6 inches with 300lb men then its a talent issue. It's just is who we are.

hawgrunner

Quote from: maknbacn on September 25, 2016, 07:58:45 am
Talent 30%
Recruiting 25%
Talent 20%
Recruiting 15%
Recruiting 15%

For the hogs to beat better talent it's going to take a virtually mistake free game (hard to do) and a little help from the other teams. Last night we had the help with a couple turnovers but we had way too many blunders...coaching calls seem easy to blame on the goal line but cmon...if we can't move the ball 6 inches with 300lb men then its a talent issue. It's just is who we are.

I had a hard time with this...

Pork Ranger

They new exactly what we had coming. Sent the Dline low and the safety/LBs high.. There was no way we were gonna convert.

IMO, this was CBB being stubborn and handcuffing Enos...very frustrating to watch

rickm1976

Talent/Recruiting 60%
Dumb Mistakes 20%
Oline 20%

I was shocked at the disparity in talent from top to bottom.  A&M's defensive line is loaded with talent, and they have a number of future NFL players in the skilled positions.  The only area we had them beat was at QB, and at this point, I'd take AA over any other QB in college football.  I don't know why I'm so surprised, I predicted 45-35, and said that I was afraid their QB and DLine would give us fits. I don't know if we will ever be able to attract the kind of talent it is going to take.  If I counted right, we were inside the ten 4 times and came away with 3 points, because they manhandled us down there.  I'm feeling pretty down today.

poloprince

I wonder why The play call that put DJ on an island against there best wide receiver. That hurt, not to mention he is coming off a recent injury.
$PoLoPrInCe$

parrishw

Definition of insanity
The Arkansas offensive coordinator calling run play after run play against 8 and 9 Texas A&M defenders in the box inside the five yard line
Not once, not twice, for a total of 11 times in two separate scoring opportunities and turned it over on downs on the second opportunity
What a complete buffoon

HogimusMaximus

Bert made this team, I blame him.  Get better.

Kevin

I am going to add one.  being scared to play younger players.

asking greenlaw & ellis to play every defensive snap, is asking way too much.

just like not having whaley carry the ball because your afraid he will fumble.

there are just certain positions where he will not play young guys  & there are positions he will.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

redbarn

I blame Texas A & M's football team.  They're the ones that beat us.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

HighcountryHog

Brett, then then the rest of the coaches.  Absolutely pathetic coaching in second half. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 25, 2016, 08:49:56 am
Add to all of this, the OOC schedule.

Again, it has failed to prepare Arkansas for the rigors of SEC play. 

One trick pony, we played the #15 team on the road, and three straight spread teams? I guess we should have played Clemson, OSU, and Stanford?

5HOG5

Play-calling! The running on goaline setups against a run stop wall was the worst i ever seen. A&M was playing our running all game and that was the time to pass, the A&M defenders could not stop our recievers and we sure as heck would have scored alot more points than 24 even turning the tide of the game! I cannot believe these coaches for there playcalling!

PorkRinds

We need to blame someone for not beating the #10 team in the country?

hogcard1964

They're just better.  Let it go. 

They're a very good team, we're mediocre. 9 out of 10 games, they're going to beat us.

5HOG5

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2016, 09:00:08 am

They're a very good team, we're mediocre. 9 out of 10 games, they're going to beat us.

LOL, mediocre play-calling! Sprinkle and Hatcher are unstoppable with a very confident AA, should have passed, A&M couldnt stop our R-core!

Bebop

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2016, 09:00:08 am

I would agree if we weren't in several positions to score and potentially win the game. It is more than just talent.

Cowtown Hog

50% 2nd half defensive scheme and execution
50% goal line play selection.

I believe it is coming from the top, but the stubborn nature of going with the jumbo set pulling the entire defense down with all 11 in the box is where the most blame lies.  Both times inside the two we do nothing but play that "impose your will" stuff and got stuffed.  It doesn't make sense not to spread the formation, make them defend the full width of the field and puncture the defense with the run.  Not scoring in those situations made a big difference in the momentum and direction of the game.

LJHOG

Uncommon Talent 100% who have one thing in common.  They weren't offered by top-tier schools.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 25, 2016, 09:03:32 am
Over the years, you've consistently demonstrated your literacy abilities are in desperate need of remediation.  Congratulations on adding another entry to that ledger...

For the benefit of others, let me repeat what RicePig can't understand:
There is no factor or aspect of that which comprises Arkansas football that is above examination. 
Coaching.  Recruiting.  Stadium.  Environment.  Facilities.  Schedule......and the list could go on.

If Arkansas football wants to achieve at the highest level, the university and the program needs to do everything it can to maximize the likelihood of success. 
At present, it is not and one of the areas that fails Arkansas is the OOC schedule.  For years, it has failed to prepare Arkansas for SEC play.  How many years has Arkansas started slow out of the gate in conference play?

Clearly changes are needed in some areas at Fayetteville if Arkansas is to have the highest likelihood of attaining success.

The blind sycophants - represented here exceptionally well by RicePig - are not helping the Razorback cause.   

Congratulations on posting after every loss, you've got that going for you. Your lack of reading comprehension failed to answer the question, I guess because you don't have the answer. Stick to soccer.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LJHOG on September 25, 2016, 09:07:44 am
Uncommon Talent 100% who have one thing in common.  They weren't offered by top-tier schools.

This is total bull darn.

LJHOG

100% Uncommon talent

5HOG5

September 25, 2016, 09:17:53 am #22 Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:27:58 am by 5HOG5
100% mediocre play-calling! If they dont stop these stupid play-calls its gonna be a long season! Our own coaching staff was A&M's best friend, A&M didnt have to do much to win this one! Hogs beat themselves!

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 25, 2016, 09:17:32 am
Your infatuation with me isn't even flattering but your failure to grasp the obvious is illustrative.

Enjoy your ignorance as you seem to revel in it.

Lol, the only infatuation is your ridiculous posts, but keep them coming, lol. Again, you didn't answer my question on the scheduling, why? Because you know it was a bunch of b.s..

Pig In The City

How about blaming the head coach. He holds his players accountable, now it's time for him to do the same. What I saw yesterday...was poor coaching. We are in year four or five, there is no excuse!

ricepig

Quote from: Pig In The City on September 25, 2016, 10:01:59 am
How about blaming the head coach. He holds his players accountable, now it's time for him to do the same. What I saw yesterday...was poor coaching. We are in year four or five, there is no excuse!

If you don't know what year, we are in.......poor coaching had a runner bounce it outside when there was a path to the inside....poor coaching had two fumbles that weren't from hard hits.....poor coaching whiffed on chip blocks.....

Now, did we make some poor calls, you bet, did the coach take blame for the loss, yep, watch the PC, but we were in position to make the plays to win, from my view point. It falls on the team as a whole.

pigheaded

CBB 100%
And I have to buy a new TV because I threw my remote through mine's screen
How many times can we try to run from the 1 yd line with the same result????

Defense 30%,
Dan Enos 25%
O-Line 20%
Robb Smith 15%
Bret Bielema 10%
My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

Tusks

who's to blame

chavis 50%
hogs defense 50%
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

onebadrubi

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 25, 2016, 08:49:56 am
Add to all of this, the OOC schedule.

Again, it has failed to prepare Arkansas for the rigors of SEC play.

Lol how stupid of a *** post.

TNRazorbacker

Talent is a factor, but for last night specifically execution and discipline was the biggest factor.

farmhawg

We have to take the good with the bad in our hc. He is exactly who he is and that won't change so not sure why everyone is upset.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 25, 2016, 10:28:29 am
Then refute it with facts - if you have any.
facts? Fact is we played quite a few spread teams in the OOC schedule.  Fact is we played a spread team last night. Getting beat doesn't mean you weren't prepared for sec play.  But the fact that you think your OPINION is fact and that someone else needs to prove your opinion wrong by using facts is cute. And a little sad.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: parrishw on September 25, 2016, 08:21:27 am
Definition of insanity
The Arkansas offensive coordinator calling run play after run play against 8 and 9 Texas A&M defenders in the box inside the five yard line
Not once, not twice, for a total of 11 times in two separate scoring opportunities and turned it over on downs on the second opportunity
What a complete buffoon
[CENSORED]!

woodhog14

Quote from: Cowtown Hog on September 25, 2016, 09:05:21 am
50% 2nd half defensive scheme and execution
50% goal line play selection. EXECUTION.

Fixed that for ya.

Rocket23

Mike Markuson called that play Chuck!

The NewEra

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 25, 2016, 08:59:02 am
We need to blame someone for not beating the #10 team in the country?

This is what's mind boggling.  We lost to a very good #10 ranked team, that appeared to deserve that ranking and some on here seem to think it's time to burn some players and coaches at the stake.  We are 3-1 for the year and have won 8 of the past ten games, beating many ranked teams along he way.  The program is continuing it evolution.  Would anyone rather have Auburn's record?

The NewEra

PorkRinds

Quote from: The NewEra on September 25, 2016, 10:39:23 am
This is what's mind boggling.  We lost to a very good #10 ranked team, that appeared to deserve that ranking and some on here seem to think it's time to burn some players and coaches at the stake.  We are 3-1 for the year and have won 8 of the past ten games, beating many ranked teams along he way.  The program is continuing it evolution.  Would anyone rather have Auburn's record?

Exactly. Let's compare our situation to auburn or LSU. Are there problems? Sure.  But the overreaction to this loss is nuts.

Wildhog

I'm just worried about our ability to run against SEC D-lines.

You can't recruit OL like we have the last few years and expect to just magically field a competent unit.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 25, 2016, 10:42:22 am

You can't recruit OL like we have the last few years and expect to just magically field a competent unit.

This here. We have some decent players but they have no experience.  And we have to depend on them anyway.

ricepig

Correct, we have some guys, and on paper, they should be talented enough, but we missed on some others. Although I've watch one we lost to LSU get whipped like ours in a few games I've watched of them. It seems Saban and Freeze are the only ones I've seen get freshmen OT that can play immediately.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 25, 2016, 10:28:29 am
Then refute it with facts - if you have any.

We played three spread teams leading up too A&M, all of the three will each be a contender in their conference at year end, all three spread you out and throw it all over hte place.  So what would you do different with the OOC schedule?  Be OU?  We had an OOC that was against our biggest weakness.  Come back after the season and try to argue your stupid senseless thought again. 

We don't beat TCU last year in the first quarter of the season.  We also wouldn't have routed Texas st like that, or came back against La Tech.  You want to make an argument that we lost to A&M because our OOC schedule didn't prepare us?  Well, we lined up three spread teams to play and get game film on.  You can't have an OOC schedle to prepare you fully for everything you are going to see in the SEC, you literally see the best spread attack, the best ground and pound, the best D, the fastest Offense, the best running back, and so on.   So, I revert back to in a couple of games, you can't prepare for all of that like you are senselessly asking for, which makes your comment completely stupid!

HawgWild

onebadrubi

This will be an issue in two weeks. We will potentially see a game where we have 75-90 yards on the ground midway through the fourth.  last year the team learned/trusted that they could let the arm of the QB go win a game.  We saw it yesterday, Austin Allen can get ran over by Peterbuilt time and time again and he is going to step up and make throws.  Maybe wallace, ragnow, froholdt, and skipper will get some things shored up in the next two weeks so we can try to keep that bama D somewhat honest and run a little. 

HawgTide

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 25, 2016, 09:17:32 am
Your infatuation with me isn't even flattering but your failure to grasp the obvious is illustrative.

Enjoy your ignorance as you seem to revel in it.

You missed the point again. Take a break

ricepig

Quote from: HawgTide on September 25, 2016, 11:41:49 am
You missed the point again. Take a break

He can't, he's infatuated with me, lol.

PorkRinds

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 25, 2016, 11:40:40 am
How many years of the same trends do you need to see before you (and RicePig) lift your heads from the sand? 

That you believe playing spread teams Texas State and LA Tech can adequately prepare Arkansas for a team like Texas A&M is laughable.  There's the spread at 33 1/3, 45 and 78 - a significant difference. 

What RicePig doesn't want to hear is that everything at Arkansas should be subject to review for the purpose of determining if the football environment is constructed as best possible to maximize the likelihood of success at Arkansas.  Clearly, it is not and chasing rent a wins is not helping the cause - that practice should stop if championships are desired.  There are other aspects as well - strength and conditioning for example. 

Hopefully, you can see the distinction.
I think it's simple. You just don't know what you're talking about. So you find something to complain about and ride it into the ground. We got beat by a better team because of mistakes and our OL play along with some defensive setbacks.  Has zero to do with our OOC schedule. But instead of admitting that it's easier to look for something, ANYTHING, to blame. Typical over reaction.

PorkRinds

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 25, 2016, 11:44:02 am
I've been making points like this for the last few season - mostly falling on deaf ears because people don't like to take a critical look at their team.

Do you want to win championships at Arkansas?
If the answer is yes, and given the track record at Arkansas, what is being done is not sufficient and must change. 
You want to defend the status quo, go ahead.  But you are doing so with no support in the trophy case.

If you honestly believe that a different OOC schedule would bring us championships there's nothing anyone can do to help you with your delusions. If you honestly believe it is that easy and no one that coaches on the hill realizes it, while you are the lone genius that gets it, your delusion is on another level.

Wildhog

Our OOC schedule is entirely irrelevant. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jm

The defense was horrible. I can't even remember how many long runs we allowed. They had atleast 3 long touchdown runs that went untouched.
Our offense did have about 500 yards with several time consuming drives. We should win that game if we have any kind of defense. I remember the fumble at the goal line and being stopped on 4 straight runs just like everyone else, but those issues don't get you beat; it is allowing the opposition to score every time that things don't go perfectly or forced to face any kind of adversity that causes us to lose.