Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas A&M 591 total yds Arkansas 500 total yds *nm*

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, September 25, 2016, 01:56:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BroyledNutts

Most amazing stat that stands out to me ... A&M 366 yds. RUSHING...running thru our D like a batch of La Huertas fajitas....

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 25, 2016, 02:10:20 am
Most amazing stat that stands out to me ... A&M 366 yds. RUSHING...running thru our D like a batch of La Huertas fajitas....

I posted that because previous post suggest our Offense & Play Calling was inept.  The problems were protection and the inability to punch it in.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BroyledNutts

Difference in total yardage tonight was the runs by Tknight ... contain him and its a statistical draw...but statistical draws don't count as wins or make Hogvillians sleep comfy at night.

The offense did enough to win this game, with the caveat of laying a couple red zone eggs - still wonder what taking 3pts in those situations would've done for moral and momentum - lackluster secondary play and an overall appearance of lethargy in the second half shot holes in the momentum.

Tonight reminds me of the pre-CBB efforts against Bama...it seemed we came in a bit intimidated and thinking we wouldn't win, surprised ourselves for a half, and then accepted the premise in the second half.

I'd really like to know if an entire week of hearing nothing but A&M love from everywhere quietly affected the psyche of our team.

jlhogfan

Holy crap, they had almost 600 yards and only had the ball for like 5 min

PorkRinds

We had issues in the red zone at the beginning of the season last year as well. If we get them worked out we will be fine.  That and cleaning up the dumb penalties.

LJHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 25, 2016, 09:25:30 am
We had issues in the red zone at the beginning of the season last year as well. If we get them worked out we will be fine.  That and cleaning up the dumb penalties.
and the dumb coaching.  how many times do you have to hit yourself in the head with hammer to realize it's a bad idea?

ballz2thewall

i didn't care for the hatcher carry, but it's a bit funny seeing the gripes about the play calling.

i'm wondering, rhetorically, if the double teaming on their DE's seriously affected our inability to gain in the middle........?
The rest of the frog.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LJHOG on September 25, 2016, 09:27:16 am
and the dumb coaching.  how many times do you have to hit yourself in the head with hammer to realize it's a bad idea?
I think the game plan was fine.  We had some mistakes and he OL couldn't hang with their DL for four quarters. Having no idea what was called or whether it was coaching mistakes or failure to execute I can't really say either way.

EastexHawg

We got worn down and drilled by a team that is supposedly perennially overrated and coached by a hot seat dwelling moron.  Our offense played keep away so our defense, playing in an air conditioned building, wasn't on the field all that long, but we were still gashed and helpless to stop them in the second half.

We're in year four now of supposedly "building it the right way" and yet Bielema can't beat the Aggies.  He's 9-24 in the SEC and the next conference game is against Alabama. 

At what point does reality set in?

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 25, 2016, 09:57:23 am
We got worn down and drilled by a team that is supposedly perennially overrated and coached by a hot seat dwelling moron.  Our offense played keep away so our defense, playing in an air conditioned building, wasn't on the field all that long, but we were still gashed and helpless to stop them in the second half.

We're in year four now of supposedly "building it the right way" and yet Bielema can't beat the Aggies.  He's 9-24 in the SEC and the next conference game is against Alabama. 

At what point does reality set in?

Check your math Bobby....

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 25, 2016, 02:10:20 am
Yeah there qb had 150 of those.. He out ran all our DB's

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Tusks

How the hell do you get worn down on D when you only play 20 minutes.

Bad D, bad execution, bad D plan.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

sigpooie

Here in Arkansas' Age of Allen, We have spent a lot of effort on protection. This has yielded us great stats and over the past 11 games, several great victories. In the next phase "The Age of Kelley" we will have our thirst quenched. Plus by then our backs and line men will have time and knowledge on their side.
O yeah the great Hogs of this land we call home. For when we land on the last day of this season three quarters of our foes will lay crushed at our feet. And the others will be standing at the final alter of the greatest four. O whoa to thee that doubts our abilities, since 500 yards was not enough, and two seven point swings brought on by the evil forces from hadies (refs). Rest your bodies relax your minds for from this small  area of our universe we will achieve great things.   
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

EastexHawg

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 10:01:46 am
Check your math Bobby....

Okay, Bielema is 7-18 in SEC games.  The point remains the same.  How that can be parlayed into outstanding coaching and building a program the "right way" escapes me. 

Tejano Jawg

Some things to note from JBCarol's stat sheet:

Knight and Williams combined for 321 yards rushing on 22 carries. Average 14.6 per carry. A first down and a half per carry...that's tough to give up.

We doubled their time of possession, proving what a meaningless stat that can be when you give up the big play over and over.

We ran the ball 40 times, passed 42. They ran it 37, passed 22. We should have thrown about 5 more passes. Ags probably should have thrown 5 less.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 25, 2016, 09:25:30 am

If they keep changing the offensive philosophy every time the Hogs get inside the 10 yard line by pulling every body in tight and trying to ram the ball down their opponents throats, the issues will not get resolved. If an offensive scheme is working a team should not abandon it just because they have the ball inside their opponents 10 yard line.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!