Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M Was Better Tonight

Started by bphi11ips, September 25, 2016, 12:13:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Athog

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 25, 2016, 12:13:54 am
We won't face a better team than A&M outside of Alabama.  Arkansas is good.  A&M is better.  Chavis is a difference maker.

Austin Allen was very good tonight.  Hogs left nothing on the field, but they were outmanned.  Would like to have a few plays back. 

Agreed!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 25, 2016, 12:13:54 am
We won't face a better team than A&M outside of Alabama.  Arkansas is good.  A&M is better.  Chavis is a difference maker.

Austin Allen was very good tonight.  Hogs left nothing on the field, but they were outmanned.  Would like to have a few plays back. 

Yes Summon a good coach and sets in the middle of a recruiting hot bed that with in 100 miles of campus.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 25, 2016, 12:54:26 am
Sometimes you just need to say good game and take an ice bath.
This.

It was clear from the opening kick-off that their big-uglies on both sides of the ball were stronger and faster than ours. No amount of coaching can correct that disparity. A&M (and almost every other SEC team) is in a much richer recruiting area than Arkansas. Frank Broyles was right about our program. But we do fairly well for a lower-tier SEC  program.

cosmodrum

Quote from: gchamblee on September 25, 2016, 01:13:44 am
you already dont. you tapped out early in his career. i think we win 9 this year and i hope it pisses you off.

We're going to win 6-7 and it's going to piss me off.
Go away, batin'

bphi11ips

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 25, 2016, 02:46:18 am
OP is right. I hate saying they (I can only refer to them as "they") are better. But they were. Our best players were good enough to have won the game, but beyond them, a lot of people got beat tonight.

Sometimes the superior team doesn't win. We saw what needed to happen to do the job. We were kinda teased with it. Force a turnover to get a score, get lucky on a few special teams plays, put some drives together, make a few stops, make a few big plays.

However, your mistakes have to be very few. You can't fumble when you're approaching field goal range. You can't fumble when you're going in for six. You have to block. If you can't block, you have call better plays to give you a chance. You can't give up lots of big plays, unless you can match every one of them. When the list is this long...you go back to the simple fact that the team that makes the fewest mistakes usually wins.

I fixed your otherwise fine post.  No disrespect intended.

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 25, 2016, 08:46:53 pm
I fixed your otherwise fine post.  No disrespect intended.

None taken...I hear you. The label "better team" is somewhat vague...and subjective. I would still say that position for position, they were a little better. Actually, not even that. Their lines were better. Their D certainly tackled better. I'd still take our skill guys. Most of us on Hogville could have run for 50 yards on their big plays.

Mistakes have haunted us. The penalties vs A&M 2 years ago are more memorable to me. But during the broadcast, they mentioned our 93 yards in penalties last year. 93 yards?...that's a touchdown drive. And this year, we know what they were.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on September 25, 2016, 07:34:41 am
This.

It was clear from the opening kick-off that their big-uglies on both sides of the ball were stronger and faster than ours. No amount of coaching can correct that disparity. A&M (and almost every other SEC team) is in a much richer recruiting area than Arkansas. Frank Broyles was right about our program. But we do fairly well for a lower-tier SEC  program.

And you're ok with this?

hogmolar

Agree with this. Their defense was really good and fast. Most people at the beginning of the year would be thrilled if they knew we would (more than likely) be ranked and 4-1 going into the game versus Bama. I see Bama and Ole Miss being very difficult games. Other than that we have a better than average chance to win the others. That has us at 9-3 and still ranked.