Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M Was Better Tonight

Started by bphi11ips, September 25, 2016, 12:13:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

We won't face a better team than A&M outside of Alabama.  Arkansas is good.  A&M is better.  Chavis is a difference maker.

Austin Allen was very good tonight.  Hogs left nothing on the field, but they were outmanned.  Would like to have a few plays back. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

jdlew

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 25, 2016, 12:13:54 am
We won't face a better team than A&M outside of Alabama.  Arkansas is good.  A&M is better.  Chavis is a difference maker.

Austin Allen was very good tonight.  Hogs left nothing on the field, but they were outmanned.  Would like to have a few plays back. .

panhandlepig

Yep. We got beat by a very good team. Still lots of football to play. We will win some and lose some.

I still think we have a punchers chance of winning more than we lose. We shall see. :razorback:

Bacon_Bitz

Yep as much as I don't like to admit it the Aggies are for real this year.

jdlew

Big and fast...both sides of the ball

orvillesghost

Truth..hurts to say that but gotta be honest.

BILLYBOB

Austin Allen was very good tonight.  Hogs left nothing on the field, but they were outmanned.  Would like to have a few plays back. 

Very well said. Agree 100%
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

pfrg999

Yes youre right there is nothing CBB can do to beat TAMU, he cant outrecruit them or out coach, just hope we win other games...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hoglady

Oline absolutely has to play better.
Every SEC Dline is good to great.
Tonight was the first real test for our Oline and they failed miserably.
The better team won tonight.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

cosmodrum

They were better yesterday, and they'll be better tomorrow. Just a better team.

We should probably go around 7-5 like I thought. Bret says he has a 5 year plan. If we dont win 9+ games next year, I have no use for him.
Go away, batin'

mckinneyhog5

F. Aggies will collapse the rest of year...that's what they do.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

fanofthehog

I'm sick of losing to them.  Every freaking year they dominate the 4th quarter.  Bret said we had depth now, so why does this still happen? 

3kgthog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 25, 2016, 12:21:19 am

Play like they did the first half and Bama will wipe the floor with Knight and the rest of their team,

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 25, 2016, 12:24:09 am
Play like they did the first half and Bama will wipe the floor with Knight and the rest of their team,
Yep , Alabama will bend them over...but they'll like it.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

S.A.D.C

I am afraid that team isn't that great.  They have a great front 7 on defense.  But the back of their D is terrible.  And their offense is 1 dimensional- T Knight can't pass guys!  They were better than us tonight but they are not great and have some huge flaws.  I am afraid of what that's means for us.

26.2Hog

The Aggies are better. They have more talented athletes and a lot more speed. 

Recruiting is the difference.

panhandlepig

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 25, 2016, 12:23:30 am
I hope so. Hate em. I don't feel good about it but I do. Hate them.

Birddawg23

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 25, 2016, 12:23:30 am

Agree. AM is Above average on a good day. We choked and couldn't finish.

hoglady

For sure - Aggies make the same mistakes against Bama they did against us and it'll be game over.
Aggies are very good - not convinced they're Bama good, though.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

go hogues

Quote from: fanofthehog on September 25, 2016, 12:23:50 am
I'm sick of losing to them.  Every freaking year they dominate the 4th quarter.  Bret said we had depth now, so why does this still happen? 
Uh, to sell tickets and get people thinking we have a shot at winning nine games when in actuality we're a .500 or less ball club?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

pfrg999

6 to 7 wins, maybe more next year, maybe less... The Cubs of college football
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

go hogues

They'll get blown out by Bama and Ole Miss - the two teams that are head and shoulders above the rest of the West.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: go hogues on September 25, 2016, 12:28:23 am
Uh, to sell tickets and get people thinking we have a shot at winning nine games when in actuality we're a .500 or less ball club?
500???? Dude check the last time we were 500

pfrg999

Quote from: Birddawg23 on September 25, 2016, 12:26:53 am
Agree. AM is Above average on a good day. We choked and couldn't finish.
We've tried to do it everygame. . We just came thru and lost thisnone

Torqued pork

Sumlin joined Saban in the "I Own Arkansas" club tonight.
God bless Les Miles.

WorfHog

They'll be better until CBB or Sumlin leaves.  Auburn, Ole Miss and Alabama are for sure losses and Florida will probably win too.  Our coaches didn't have the game plan in place on either side of the ball to compete. Don't see that changing until CBB is gone.

go hogues

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 25, 2016, 12:30:30 am
500???? Dude check the last time we were 500
We'll go 6-6 this year. That's .500 isn't it?

WorfHog

bphi11ips

Quote from: WorfHog on September 25, 2016, 12:32:25 am
They'll be better until CBB or Sumlin leaves.  Auburn, Ole Miss and Alabama are for sure losses and Florida will probably win too.  Our coaches didn't have the game plan in place on either side of the ball to compete. Don't see that changing until CBB is gone.

Not so fast my friend.  Every game is different. 

kp72204

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 25, 2016, 12:25:09 am
Yep , Alabama will bend them over...but they'll like it.
And then bend us over!!!!!!!!!! And I won't like it

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 25, 2016, 12:36:14 am

You got to let them vent. It's funny, the vast majority of them said we'd be 6-6 or worse, yet we lose a game we're the underdog in, and it's fire everyone.

alohawg

Quote from: S.A.D.C on September 25, 2016, 12:25:54 am
I am afraid that team isn't that great.  They have a great front 7 on defense.  But the back of their D is terrible.  And their offense is 1 dimensional- T Knight can't pass guys!  They were better than us tonight but they are not great and have some huge flaws.  I am afraid of what that's means for us.

Alabama will expose A&M's weaknesses.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: S.A.D.C on September 25, 2016, 12:25:54 am

Agreed.  A&M's not a particularly good team.  The Hogs have issues so they have to play mistake free or the issues and the mistakes will get them beat.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Auburn is a sure loss??

I Strongly disagree with that.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 12:39:05 am
You got to let them vent. It's funny, the vast majority of them said we'd be 6-6 or worse, yet we lose a game we're the underdog in, and it's fire everyone.

Venting is healthy. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 25, 2016, 12:21:19 am

Depends on your definition of for real. Bama will beat them and ole miss will too
Go away, batin'

Oklahawg

Damn good post. Thanks! A voice of reason in a sea of over-reactions. We could go 10-2, 9-3, before this is all done.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

cosmodrum

Austin is a warrior, for sure. I agree with most of what you said, but I think Ole Miss might blow it wide open, too. Home field helps, I guess.
Go away, batin'

bphi11ips

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 25, 2016, 12:51:01 am
Damn good post. Thanks! A voice of reason in a sea of over-reactions. We could go 10-2, 9-3, before this is all done.

Sometimes you just need to say good game and take an ice bath.

bkjbearcat

We won't face a better team than A&M outside of Alabama.  Arkansas is good.  A&M is better.

I bet we'll be saying this in the year 2025 the way Ark is going.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

WorfHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 25, 2016, 12:36:14 am

Not when you're outmatched at every position except QB.

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 12:39:05 am

CBB has had four chances to beat CKS. He's failed each time. Unlike every coach in Arkansas history.  When is it time to question the direction were going?

bphi11ips

Quote from: bkjbearcat on September 25, 2016, 12:55:25 am
I bet we'll be saying this in the year 2025 the way Ark is going.

If so the Aggies may be creeping up on evening the series record.

bphi11ips

Quote from: WorfHog on September 25, 2016, 01:06:29 am
Not when you're outmatched at every position except QB.

CBB has had four chances to beat CKS. He's failed each time. Unlike every coach in Arkansas history.  When is it time to question the direction were going?

Take four Advil and post in the morning.

hawginbigd1

They ain't that good Bama and Ole Miss will absolutely roll them.

gchamblee

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 25, 2016, 12:23:26 am
They were better yesterday, and they'll be better tomorrow. Just a better team.

We should probably go around 7-5 like I thought. Bret says he has a 5 year plan. If we dont win 9+ games next year, I have no use for him.

you already dont. you tapped out early in his career. i think we win 9 this year and i hope it pisses you off.

gchamblee

we went up 7-0 early. thats a good game plan.
we were going up 14-0 when rw3 fumbled on the 1 yard line. fumbling was not in the game plan.
we took the ball from them in the 3rd and used up 10 minutes of the clock on a 19 play drive. thats a good game plan. their defense was amazing, regardless of our gameplan.

youre an idiot.

crayola99

Chavis is saving Sumlins job.   The Aggies have a lot of talent on defense and he is the best defensive coordinator in the business.

Pig In The City

No, they were better when it mattered...in the red zone and 4th qtr.

Pig In The City

Quote from: crayola99 on September 25, 2016, 01:55:03 am
Chavis is saving Sumlins job.   The Aggies have a lot of talent on defense and he is the best defensive coordinator in the business.
Yes

Tejano Jawg

OP is right. I hate saying they (I can only refer to them as "they") are better. But they were. Our best players were good enough to have won the game, but beyond them, a lot of people got beat tonight.

Sometimes the superior team doesn't win. We saw what needed to happen to do the job. We were kinda teased with it. Force a turnover to get a score, get lucky on a few special teams plays, put some drives together, make a few stops, make a few big plays.

However, your mistakes have to be very few. You can't fumble when you're approaching field goal range. You can't fumble when you're going in for six. You have to block. If you can't block, you have call better plays to give you a chance. You can't give up lots of big plays, unless you can match every one of them. When the list is this long...you go back to the simple fact that the better team usually wins.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork