Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which is it?

Started by fanofthehog, September 24, 2016, 11:13:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fanofthehog

Their D-Line dominated our run game.  Is it play calling or is our O-Line really this week?

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: fanofthehog on September 24, 2016, 11:13:17 pm
Their D-Line dominated our run game.  Is it play calling or is our O-Line really this week?

If their D-Line dominates our run game, it is NEVER play calling.

lefty08

10 snaps inside the 2 yard line and 3 points, you don't deserve to win

It's simple
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

fanofthehog

I think, at least on the goal line, that play calling plays a big part.  We bring everyone in so tight that all they have to do is run all 11 guys to the middle and knock us back.  We are so stubborn sometimes.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hog Villager

Except it's not just their D-Line.  It's their D-Line +4-5 more stacking the box....
"I may live in a bubble, but it's my bubble and it's painted Hog Red"

jjdlc

We have some real issues on the OL, for whatever reason.

Arkansas Fan

It's a combination of their D-line beating our O-line, our O-line sucks, and our playcalling sucked.

Tusks

I think a PAC12 team needs to offer Chavis a $1M to move to the west coast.  I hate him.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Medic821

Pure and simple its the O Line....Not play calling

jcul28

Quote from: tusked on September 24, 2016, 11:34:32 pm
I think a PAC12 team needs to offer Chavis a $1M to move to the west coast.  I hate him.

Maybe we should?

root_hawg

2 best DE we will face all year, without a question

Dropkick

OL is a work in progress like some other parts of our game. We will be okay. If some of you thought we were going undefeated ........well sorry

3kgthog

Quote from: root_hawg on September 25, 2016, 12:07:23 am
2 best DE we will face all year, without a question

Yet they didn't really keep us from getting down the field.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: tusked on September 24, 2016, 11:34:32 pm

We need to figure out a way to get Sumlin and Chavis removed from A&M and sent off somewhere far away.

moses_007

Offensive line coach continues to switch players around.  Leave them put, and coach them to be better.

kiddhog

I think we scored on the long drive but that seems to always  be the case when we play the aggies  . but at the end of the day when we pack everyone in there (do not spread the defense ) we play into their hands .  they have more players than we have blockers    and i think thats on coach B AND NOT DAN Enos   I think we want to prove we are a power team and its just hasn't worked. i mean how many damn times have we failed on goal line or short and whatever under Coach B ? its not Enos he's awesome i blame coach B on those calls .   it killed us tonight

Danny J

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 25, 2016, 12:14:06 am
We need to figure out a way to get Sumlin and Chavis removed from A&M and sent off somewhere far away.
I posted a thread here somewhere when I heard the news he was heading to aTm to coach for a guy who would let him do things his way and just couldn't believe our bad luck. He is the best DC in the college game.

kodiakisland

I think they are weak, all week long.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Danny J on September 25, 2016, 12:18:45 am
I posted a thread here somewhere when I heard the news he was heading to aTm to coach for a guy who would let him do things his way and just couldn't believe our bad luck. He is the best DC in the college game.

I don't know about the best DC, but one of the better ones for sure. Meanwhile...we're stuck with Robb Smith.

hogginbama

Quote from: jjdlc on September 24, 2016, 11:29:51 pm

Youth and lack of experience. You put Kirkland back at the left tackle, Skipper moves back to Right Tackle and the freshman are not having to play. 1 player on the O-Line can mean a lot to a team. We were warned at the start of spring practice that a spot of concern was the O-Line, so we shouldn't be too surprised.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

JackTNHogfan

The O line should be able to get a yard on most plays so I am putting most of the blame on them but on the 4th and goal from an inch out why run an end around?  Worse case going straight ahead is they stop it and have to start their drive from inside the 1 and worst case on end around call was they start their drive from the 7.  Our boys just didn't have it tonight.  Sucks but we will likely still have a good season.  Like every year under Coach B, except the first year..., we will still finish strong.

LZH

We just aren't as good as we thought we were. Whose fault is that? The players, the coaches?....no, it is our fault. We go through this darn every year without knowing what our coaches know, and what are they going to do, say "aw hell we're not really going to be that good this year."

ricepig

Quote from: jjdlc on September 24, 2016, 11:29:51 pm

Two guys with 4 starts, and another had his first. Yes, one of them is a 4th year transfer, but he looks like he needs another off season. Truthfully, we should have maxed protect all night, aTm couldn't cover our two route plays.

War Boar

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on September 25, 2016, 12:22:50 am
The O line should be able to get a yard on most plays so I am putting most of the blame on them but on the 4th and goal from an inch out why run an end around?  Worse case going straight ahead is they stop it and have to start their drive from inside the 1 and worst case on end around call was they start their drive from the 7.  Our boys just didn't have it tonight.  Sucks but we will likely still have a good season.  Like every year under Coach B, except the first year..., we will still finish strong.

When your boys don't have it, you have to be willing to try something different.  Definition of insanity and all.  I like Coach B.  I like Coach E.  I don't want them going anywhere.  Doesn't mean I have to like everything they do though.  We left a lot of points on the field tonight.  All the games on the schedule are still winnable.  We just have to get rid of all the mistakes.  Not to take anything away from A&M, but we beat ourselves tonight.  That fourth quarter goal line stand was a game changer.

WorfHog

Our ace oline coach left for Georgia. Now we suck. I bet CBB will tell us that the oline graded out well again though.

Kevin

Quote from: WorfHog on September 25, 2016, 12:37:17 am
Our ace oline coach left for Georgia. Now we suck. I bet CBB will tell us that the oline graded out well again though.

that ace did not look so hot vs Toledo, last year
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: WorfHog on September 25, 2016, 12:37:17 am

Georgia's O-line play hasn't been good. That ace better do more.

crayola99

Oline and RB.  Oline got manhandled.  RBs tiptoed too much.

bigdogbitting

O line is still weak. Cann't run the ball. Wish they had as much heart as Austin Allen before they get him hurt.

hview

There is talent on the offensive line, but the continual shifting of personnel up to this game and even during the game doesn't put the team in a position against competition such as A&M.   

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: Ark13 on September 25, 2016, 12:35:58 am
When your boys don't have it, you have to be willing to try something different.  Definition of insanity and all.  I like Coach B.  I like Coach E.  I don't want them going anywhere.  Doesn't mean I have to like everything they do though.  We left a lot of points on the field tonight.  All the games on the schedule are still winnable.  We just have to get rid of all the mistakes.  Not to take anything away from A&M, but we beat ourselves tonight.  That fourth quarter goal line stand was a game changer.

I would rather seen us spread out completely in a funky formation and make them burn a timeout.  After that, I wouldn't come out in a jumbo set but rather a traditional I formation with trips out wide and run it if they play the trips tight, if not flanker screen. Needed to do something to clear out the box.  Hindsight is always 20/20 though...

hview

I guess this is the thing that has puzzled me, the continual shifting of personnel on the offensive line. Why couldn't they have gotten this settled before the first game. I'm not their with the players every practice, I'm sure there is a reason why they played musical chairs with the offensive line. It's just not putting the team in a position to be successful.

WorfHog

Quote from: Kevin on September 25, 2016, 12:38:06 am
that ace did not look so hot vs Toledo, last year

True and he got his ass handed to him at Ole Miss. Maybe the problem lies with the Head Coach.

Foozzball

Everyone has bought the hype of the Arkansas O line!  I'll give bielema some credit, he sure is a good salesman!  But when you watch Ark play over the past 4 years, the reality of a good Offensive Line just does not exist in the real world!  They have been decent until this year and now they are terrible!  Our Defensive line isnt much better, absolutely NO pressure ever on the QB's!

War Boar

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on September 25, 2016, 12:45:34 am
I would rather seen us spread out completely in a funky formation and make them burn a timeout.  After that, I wouldn't come out in a jumbo set but rather a traditional I formation with trips out wide and run it if they play the trips tight, if not flanker screen. Needed to do something to clear out the box.  Hindsight is always 20/20 though...

Yeah...I would have much preferred a run out of a spread formation to clear out the box a little.  I don't know if that would have worked either.  I'm just disappointed.  It was a game we could have won.  If we had been beaten by a clearly better team, I would still be disappointed, just for different reasons. Is what it is.

Pig In The City

OL sucks. Too big, can't move laterally

soooieman

Quote from: ricepig on September 25, 2016, 12:27:51 am
Two guys with 4 starts, and another had his first. Yes, one of them is a 4th year transfer, but he looks like he needs another off season. Truthfully, we should have maxed protect all night, aTm couldn't cover our two route plays.
Agree. I was at the game and something you can't see on tv is how open multiple WR's were on some of our plays. They couldn't cover Drew, Keon, or JRed all night

alohawg

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 24, 2016, 11:33:27 pm
It's a combination of their D-line beating our O-line, our O-line sucks, and our playcalling sucked.

About sums it up.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

The_Bionic_Pig

So we had 500 yds of Offense against a touted SEC D-Line and Offensive playcalling was somehow absolutely atrocious.

Can't we just lose a game to a good team and not burn the entire village down????
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

alohawg

September 25, 2016, 03:04:13 am #40 Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:20:46 am by alohawg
Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 25, 2016, 02:57:32 am
So we had 500 yds of Offense against a touted SEC D-Line and Offensive playcalling was somehow absolutely atrocious.

Can't we just lose a game to a good team and not burn the entire village down????

In scoring position, beyond atrocious, especially considering the coaches know we have issues run blocking. This is not putting your players in the best position to succeed. How many trips and plays inside the 5?

Those exact play's the previous 3 games had us averaging almost 40 pts a game.  (Jet Sweeps, QB run's etc.... )

We just got outplayed by a superior team how hard is that to accept. *Speed Kills*

The problem I had was running straight into the immovable pile, over and over and over. The jet sweep wasn't fooling them at that point. That window of opportunity had already closed by 4th dn..
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: lefty08 on September 24, 2016, 11:14:41 pm
10 snaps inside the 2 yard line and 3 points, you don't deserve to win

It's simple

This is unfortunately the truth.

I had a bad bad feeling when we couldn't punch it in the first time
This is my non-signature signature.

The_Bionic_Pig

Alahog please resubmit your post in responding I accidentally hit modify instead of reply....

I was enjoying our discussion.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Großer Kriegschwein

Whaley seemed to have some successes, so did Rawleigh. Every single chance we had to demoralize them, we stumbled. Once they got he lead in the 4th, it was over. They were much more physical than TCU. Scary physical.

We'll beat Auburn, LSU, Alcorn, maybe Florida and MSU.

Whaley will be a good one. He's super fast.
This is my non-signature signature.

gchamblee

nope. the idiots that predicted us to go 6-6 are having a meltdown over us being 3-1

Shrevepork

AMEN-
A&M was very good last night.
That being said, we also saw that we have the real deal in AA and we'll have to settle for 11-1. Go Hogs

LZH

Quote from: hview on September 25, 2016, 12:45:02 am
There is talent on the offensive line, but the continual shifting of personnel up to this game and even during the game doesn't put the team in a position against competition such as A&M.   

Coach Nutt...er, I mean Coach Bielema is trying to get his best five players on the field. Sounds kind of familiar doesn't it?

Truth is, when you bunch your 11 into a 15 foot space, you allow and invite their 11 to join you, then if 21 of the 22 bodies just piled up and laid still right where you demand to run, it would be difficult for the RB to get through or over that pile to the endzone.  Maybe we should raise BBs pay so he could afford a book or DVD on football 101.  Maybe we could get Holtz to tutor him.  Holtz says when you are outmanned along the line, get off the bus throwing the ball.  Maybe someone smarter than me could break this sentence down to where BB could understand it and offer it to him. 

So you know your O-line is suspect, you then invite the defense to line up their 11 in layers right behind the D linemen to put even more pressure on your o-line, in effect putting more players in front of your chosen lane to run into and wonder why you fail.

razorbackchamps94

They was bigger and better then we was ... Thats all