Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Right side of the line is gonna get Allen killed against TAMU

Started by KennyForAD, September 23, 2016, 11:02:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

Just watched the Texas State game.  Another F.   Do we have anyone on the right side who even knows who he's SUPPOSED to block?   

ricepig

Nope, not at all, we are game planning on playing two left sides of the line, Aggies won't know what hit them.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on September 23, 2016, 11:05:33 am
Nope, not at all, we are game planning on playing two left sides of the line, Aggies won't know what hit them.
Like the guy in the movie "Best In Show" who had two left feet.

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

010HogFan

I'm sure it'll be alright. If Tyler Wilson didn't die that one time against Vanderbilt I think Austin will survive

oldhawg

Actually, we will line-up with an unbalanced line to the right ---- no one to the left of center but a tight end.

DiamondHogFan

Dan Skipper is going to play LT and RT at the same time.  His length makes it possible.  Book it. 

Don't wait until Friday to watch last Saturday's game...

RazorWhacker

Yep. With 8 eligible receivers. We'll score a billion.

Biggus Piggus

I just watched the Tennessee game. Can you believe what Stoerner did?
[CENSORED]!

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 23, 2016, 11:38:24 am
I just watched the Tennessee game. Can you believe what Stoerner did?
My DVR cut off when the ball touched the ground.  Did he fumble?  Who recovered? 

Will we get it corrected by tomorrow?

hogcam

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2016, 11:02:55 am
Just watched the Texas State game.  Another F.   Do we have anyone on the right side who even knows who he's SUPPOSED to block?
You do know Frank Ragnow is on the right side of the line now right? He seems to do alright in this blocking thing you are talking about.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

trashcan maN

Did you happen to notice what Auburn did to the left side of A&M's OL?

Also, we blocked TAMU just fine last year, and we have a better LT this year. They're going to make plays, and our young guys will make mistakes, but we're not going to be physically abused.

KennyForAD

Quote from: trashcan maN on September 23, 2016, 11:59:16 am
Did you happen to notice what Auburn did to the left side of A&M's OL?

Also, we blocked TAMU just fine last year, and we have a better LT this year. They're going to make plays, and our young guys will make mistakes, but we're not going to be physically abused.

You don't have to physically abuse us at RT.  Just run right by...

KennyForAD

KennyForAD

Quote from: hogcam on September 23, 2016, 11:43:36 am
You do know Frank Ragnow is on the right side of the line now right? He seems to do alright in this blocking thing you are talking about.

And they're gonna try starting Wallace at RT.  He's gonna need a lot of help. 

Hawgar The Horrible

Here's what SEC officials saw vs Texas State.

Week 3 SEC Players of the Week:

OFFENSIVE LINE
Frank Ragnow, OL, Arkansas

Made his 16 straight start on the offensive line, but first start at right guard this season after moving from center.
    Head coach Bret Bielema moved Ragnow from center to right guard to improve communication on the right side of the line. The result was 226 yards on the ground and      241 yards passing. It marks the fourth time in the last 10 games Arkansas has had 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing in the same game.
    Earned a career-best 92 percent grade.
    Sophomore running back Rawleigh Williams rushed for 121 yards and two scores. He is the only running back with at least 90 yards rushing all three games this season.
    Ragnow is a major part of the offensive line that has provided time for quarterback Austin Allen to lead the SEC in passer rating (160.91) and completion percentage          (67.1).
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Razorbackers

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2016, 11:02:55 am

While I think you're being a little harsh giving the line an "F", it's no secret that our right side OT is a weak link in our line, and TAMU is going to try and take advantage of it. TAMU has one of the best defensive line's in the conference, so I'm hoping that Enos and crew have some good ideas in place to protect AA.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2016, 01:06:52 pm
And they're gonna try starting Wallace at RT.  He's gonna need a lot of help.
Wallace graded at a 90 in the Texas St game according to the coaches.  That's far from a F.

I will trust the coaches on this one.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 23, 2016, 01:20:26 pm
Wallace graded at a 90 in the Texas St game according to the coaches.  That's far from a F.

Kenny grades on a U-turn.

southarkhog06

That PF call was total BS, Curles is in Tebow and Meyers damn pocket!!!!!!!!

tophawg19

bREAKING NEWS , Coaches Anderson and Beilema have announced that after reading this thread , They will suit up and man the right side of the line .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

justmakeit2thebcs

CBB said Brian Wallace graded out at over 90% and Jackson had his best game yet.  They will get beat, everyone does.  No need to panic, the game hasn't even started yet and the OP is negative Nelly.   If our player have the same attitude as the posters on here, we wouldn't win a game.  It would be lost between the ears, not on the field.     

It must suck to live a glass half empty world.

KennyForAD

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 23, 2016, 01:20:26 pm

Watch the game...

ricepig

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2016, 01:42:03 pm
Watch the game...
I did.  6 days ago.  42-3.  Looked like a solid performance against an over matched team.  We did exactly what we were supposed to do.

Hawgar The Horrible

KennyForAD

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on September 23, 2016, 01:32:03 pm
CBB said Brian Wallace graded out at over 90% and Jackson had his best game yet.  They will get beat, everyone does.  No need to panic, the game hasn't even started yet and the OP is negative Nelly.   If our player have the same attitude as the posters on here, we wouldn't win a game.  It would be lost between the ears, not on the field.     

It must suck to live a glass half empty world.

I'm not negative.  I love this team and think we'll have a great year.  If they can figure out some way to fix the line, the Hogs could win the SEC.   If they don't have it figured out on Saturday, Allen is gonna get mugged.  If you aren't aware of the problems on the right side of our line, you haven't been watching...   

Should we ignore the one glaring problem, and instead just talk about how awesome the D line is and how great our receivers are?  Sing KumBaYa and gaze into each other's eyes?   Wake up...

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 23, 2016, 01:54:40 pm
AA had a 204.02 QB rating against Texas State while on his back?

Texas State does not equal TAMU.   -sigh-    Why did I even try....

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2016, 01:57:48 pm
I'm not negative.  I love this team and think we'll have a great year.  If they can figure out some way to fix the line, the Hogs could win the SEC.   If they don't have it figured out on Saturday, Allen is gonna get mugged.  If you aren't aware of the problems on the right side of our line, you haven't been watching...   

Should we ignore the one glaring problem, and instead just talk about how awesome the D line is and how great our receivers are?  Sing KumBaYa and gaze into each other's eyes?   Wake up...

I'm awake. Short of singing Kumbaya what do you suggest we, as fans, do about this situation? Throw fits?

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 23, 2016, 02:01:51 pm
I'm awake. Short of singing Kumbaya what do you suggest we, as fans, do about this situation? Throw fits?

Its just an observation.   Here's another one:  Its still impossible to have any reasonable discussion on MMQB without enduring a storm of ankle biters..

FraggleHog

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2016, 02:03:07 pm
Its just an observation.   Here's another one:  Its still impossible to have any reasonable discussion on MMQB without enduring a storm of ankle biters..

Discuss what? According to you AA is a dead man tomorrow night. Were you seeking arguments or some consoling?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 23, 2016, 01:54:40 pm
AA had a 204.02 QB rating against Texas State while on his back?

What exactly was it that you were "try[ing]" to do? Even the most casual observers amongst us knows that we have had offensive line struggles, especially at right tackle, and that our offensive line's ability to protect Allen from A&M's highly regarded pass rushers will be among the chief concern's in tomorrow's game.

Were you looking for an official late pass?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 23, 2016, 02:11:32 pm
Discuss what? According to you AA is a dead man tomorrow night. Were you seeking arguments or some consoling?

It was a lame attempt at a troll job from him if you ask me.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2016, 01:59:32 pm
Texas State does not equal TAMU.   -sigh-    Why did I even try....
42-3 does not equal an "F" no matter who you are playing.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 23, 2016, 02:13:05 pm
What exactly was it that you were "try[ing]" to do? Even the most casual observers amongst us knows that we have had offensive line struggles, especially at right tackle, and that our offensive line's ability to protect Allen from A&M's highly regarded pass rushers will be among the chief concern's in tomorrow's game.

Were you looking for an official late pass?

Yeah, I think it's been discussed ad nauseum and the line performed better last week despite what the OP thinks he saw.

wildhogman

What ever happened to the days when fans of a college football team always had hope they could win that weekend or any weekend? Seems these days they spend their time worrying about whats wrong with the line or QB staring at receivers or RB fumbling or or or or, the list is endless.  And god forbid a fan come on here with hope and post about why he thinks the hogs might win. 
I don't care if the hogs lose 42 million in a row, I will always have hope and think, they are due, its time to turn this thing around. 
Will the hogs win? I dunno. What I do know is I'll watch, prolly on the edge of my chair. I'll discuss the game as its happening, and read the game thread when I can.  Probably have a phone convo with my Brother in montana. What I WONT do ever is think.. well that's it, we lose. specially not over 25 hours before kickoff.
Reminds me of a saying about glass half full.   Most people live in a house expecting the roof to last forever. But there are people who will build supports and put extra boards and timbers in the living room and hallway convinced that dang roof is gonna collapse

bphi11ips

Arkansas's O-line is fine, and so is Wallace.  Look for screens and RPOs this weekend.  AA throws well to his left.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Me Like Hogs

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 23, 2016, 02:25:22 pm
We are going to RUN THE *** BALL RIGHT AT THEM ALL DAY UNTIL THEIR VAUNTED D-ENDS ARE BLITHERING MASSES OF WAAHH POOLED ON THE GROUND.

^^^This is what I am hoping for. DEs impact can be minimized (not total removed) by game planning. Our line is pretty good at run blocking, if we don't have to pass all that much AA will remain in good health.

AugustaHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 23, 2016, 01:29:54 pm
bREAKING NEWS , Coaches Anderson and Beilema have announced that after reading this thread , They will suit up and man the right side of the line .
Not sure this is a good idea, Mike's a little light in the britches. 

Biggus Piggus

I remember Garrett was supposed to devastate us in the past two games, too.
[CENSORED]!

FraggleHog

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 23, 2016, 02:48:02 pm
Not sure this is a good idea, Mike's a little light in the britches.

Just a guess, but I believe he was referring to Coach Kurt Anderson

AugustaHog

Quote from: Me Like Hogs on September 23, 2016, 02:43:56 pm
^^^This is what I am hoping for. DEs impact can be minimized (not total removed) by game planning. Our line is pretty good at run blocking, if we don't have to pass all that much AA will remain in good health.
CDE will have to call a real beaute to keep AA completely clean.  Last year we had experienced OTs on both sides and quality OGs on their hips.  I think we had better buy Wallace a little help to keep his man at bay.

AugustaHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 23, 2016, 02:51:23 pm
Just a guess, but I believe he was referring to Coach Kurt Anderson
I know he was talking about K. Anderson, just being a smartass.

dboone11

Quote from: wildhogman on September 23, 2016, 02:24:24 pm
What ever happened to the days when fans of a college football team always had hope they could win that weekend or any weekend? Seems these days they spend their time worrying about whats wrong with the line or QB staring at receivers or RB fumbling or or or or, the list is endless.  And god forbid a fan come on here with hope and post about why he thinks the hogs might win. 
I don't care if the hogs lose 42 million in a row, I will always have hope and think, they are due, its time to turn this thing around. 
Will the hogs win? I dunno. What I do know is I'll watch, prolly on the edge of my chair. I'll discuss the game as its happening, and read the game thread when I can.  Probably have a phone convo with my Brother in montana. What I WONT do ever is think.. well that's it, we lose. specially not over 25 hours before kickoff.
Reminds me of a saying about glass half full.   Most people live in a house expecting the roof to last forever. But there are people who will build supports and put extra boards and timbers in the living room and hallway convinced that dang roof is gonna collapse

Great post. +1

FraggleHog

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 23, 2016, 02:54:45 pm
I know he was talking about K. Anderson, just being a smartass.

We really need a sarcasm font on here...

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: wildhogman on September 23, 2016, 02:24:24 pm
What ever happened to the days when fans of a college football team always had hope they could win that weekend or any weekend?

This is a place where people make rah-rah posts, and people also share their less-biased thoughts. Many of the people who are here are obsessed with the Razorbacks. That is why they spend so much time here.

There was a time or two when the Razorbacks won a lot of football games. After the 1964-65 run ended, people were disappointed with 8-2-1 and 4-5-1. Those people were scattered across the map. Even Little Rock was a small town.

After the Big Shootout, everything that happened was a letdown for quite a few years. Frank Broyles had a growing number of critics and haters by 1975, when the Hogs lost two games they maybe shouldn't have but still went to the Cotton Bowl. Then Broyles decided to retire and let the '76 season fall apart.

The 1977-79 run was excellent. Arkansas was a top-shelf football team. Everything that came afterward was disappointing in comparison. Even a 20-4 run in the last two seasons of Ken Hatfield were disappointing in comparison, because that Razorback team was not quite ready for prime time (in an SWC wrecked by probation and SMU's death penalty).

It took quite a few years for Arkansas to field one half-competent SEC team, and the postseason experience in 1995 was a joke. We took another flurry of modest competence in 1998-99 as justification to expand the football stadium. Spent the next many years trying out different levels of also-ran-ness.

We had some terrific talents in 2006-07 and squandered the opportunity. Bobby Petrino quickly lifted up the Hogs, only to sabotage everything.

Here we are a little more than four years after Petrino's disaster, hoping that we are ready for prime time again.

Maybe some people are too cautious to go charging in, oblivious, again.
[CENSORED]!

HogsonHicks

nchogg

I really thought we had a chance to win but now after this horrible post I have my doubts. Go Hogs!