Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Honest predictions for Texas A&M

Started by hogz11, September 22, 2016, 06:21:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: BDSCT51 on September 23, 2016, 12:13:20 pm
Trying to be positive but I just can't help this feeling. Aggies 38 Hogs 27. I think our special teams play a large part. I scare!

I think it will be Ags 41 Hogs 28.

5HOG5

September 23, 2016, 12:30:24 pm #151 Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:43:07 pm by 5HOG5
Screw ups or not, the hogs have shown they can battle back in games to either tie it or win it! I expect this game to go all the way to the end. The defense will find ways to beat the hell out of A&M and keep it close. Wouldnt be suprised to find another pick 6 by ellis!! :D

AA has a chance to do what hasnt been done in years in Arlington.. WIN! A major oppertunity for him and the hogs to break the streak! Im very confident to no matter how good this A&M team claims they are, they can be beat and will be Saturday!! :razorback:

Willnot be able to see the game but only hear it on radio on my trip back from Kansas. It will be a joyous occasion to hear the Aggie fans booing during the game! GO HOGS!!!

RME

rljjr

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 23, 2016, 12:32:31 pm
Look at that guys, the score is closing in.
Well you know, as long as we're honest.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

010HogFan

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

5HOG5

DLUXHOG

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on September 23, 2016, 12:17:01 pm
I think it will be Ags 41 Hogs 28.
you... are seriously, one effed up dude...........  or doody,...    stop... please...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Hook 'em Hogs

Not feeling it on this one. Heart says yes, gut says no.
A&M 35, ARK 24

The true hope I have is that we've not really gone into the A&M game playing as well as we're playing now in a number of years. If we are playing crummy and are losing close ones, then when we're playing pretty well, we really could win this thing!!#WPS

PROVE ME WRONG, HOGS!!!

hobhog

34-21 A$M. Just not sure we can keep them off the field enough to keep up.

Then again, they are Aggies.....

farmhawg

I've called all of them so far but I have a feeling we lose by 18 so I hope like heck I am wrong. Especially seeing what tcu is doing with smu so far.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

wupigsuey

I think we win. Felt good about this game since TCU
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

JaketheSnake

We clearly have a bunch of fans who have been burned too many times to have much confidence right now. 

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 23, 2016, 09:29:38 pm
We clearly have a bunch of fans who have been burned too many times to have much confidence right now.

Nope. We have a bunch of YOUNG fans that don't have a clue. To them 2010 and 2011 is the norm.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Cornfed Pig

RollHogTide

Razorbacks - 34
Aggies      -  23

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Valleysports on September 23, 2016, 11:42:24 am
Haha - well you can't lead a Hog to water if he's already wallowing in it. 

Hogs wallow in mud, not water.

Sheesh.  Aggies.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hoginator

The Hogs have proven the last few games against the agonies that they can beat them, but weren't mature enough to put them away. I've felt for two weeks now that this would be a statement game for the Hogs. It's time to leave no doubt Razorbacks!

Hogs may give up a late TD in the final minutes, but the agonies come up short. Hogs win 31-20...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

NorCalRazorback

Arkansas 34 Texas A&M 24

4-0 as per the prediction!
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

MushroomCloudHog

LZH

I have even less of a feeling about this game than I did the TCU game, which was none at all. It could go either way, and either way would not surprise me one bit. The only way I will be disappointed is if we lose the same way we have lost the last two (basically blowing it in the 4th qtr).

Oh, of course if we get blown out I will be seriously pissed, but I don't think that will happen. One thing Bielema has done at Arkansas is somehow make sure that we haven't been completely embarrassed.

Head says -  A&M 41
                       Hogs 31

Heart says -  Hogs 35
                       A&M 17

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

5HOG5

September 24, 2016, 09:46:49 am #173 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:13:35 am by 5HOG5
 ITS OUR TIME!! HOGS WIN!

hawginbigd1

So many weak-minded supposed fans on this board, just like 2 weeks ago! Or maybe they are big into Karma/superstition and just have to keep picking the opponent. SMDH Woo Pig!

Pig In The City

DLUXHOG

Quote from: LZH on September 24, 2016, 09:36:25 am
I have even less of a feeling about this game than I did the TCU game, which was none at all. It could go either way, and either way would not surprise me one bit. The only way I will be disappointed is if we lose the same way we have lost the last two (basically blowing it in the 4th qtr).

Oh, of course if we get blown out I will be seriously pissed, but I don't think that will happen. One thing Bielema has done at Arkansas is somehow make sure that we haven't been completely embarrassed.

Head says -  A&M 41
                       Hogs 31

Heart says -  Hogs 35
                       A&M 17

Go with the heart........  WPS!!!

Darren DeLoach

Somehow the logic has prevailed that A&M becoming a more power oriented team gives them an advantage over Arkansas, but they have given us fits when they were a gun-slinging team. It is like everyone has forgotten that we are designed to handle power attacks.

As I said in another thread, Texas A&M can't out Arkansas; Arkansas.

28-22-Pigs
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

The Hogfather

DLUXHOG

DLUXHOG

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hobhog on September 23, 2016, 04:47:30 pm
34-21 A$M. Just not sure we can keep them off the field enough to keep up.

Then again, they are Aggies.....
No

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on September 23, 2016, 04:33:54 pm
Not feeling it on this one. Heart says yes, gut says no.
A&M 35, ARK 24

The true hope I have is that we've not really gone into the A&M game playing as well as we're playing now in a number of years. If we are playing crummy and are losing close ones, then when we're playing pretty well, we really could win this thing!!#WPS

PROVE ME WRONG, HOGS!!!
Go with the heart...

Hawginj

adderol

I think it will be tough, but we get it done this year.

ARK:31

aTm: 24

:razorback:   WooPig!   :razorback:

LZH

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 24, 2016, 10:15:34 am
Go with the heart........  WPS!!!

Every time I do that, I wind up divorced and broke. But, just for the Hogs, I will do it again.

Razorbacks by 2 to 3 touchdowns! How is that?

opineonswine

Hogs958

31-21 Hogs. Put pressure on Knight and he will screw up.

LZH

Quote from: Hogs958 on September 24, 2016, 11:33:53 am
31-21 Hogs. Put pressure on Knight and he will screw up.

That is what the radio station in Gainesville said. Or at least the 90 seconds of airtime they gave us. I certainly hope you and they are right.

Razorbacker79

Honest prediction is that no one knows who will win.  Especially since this game looks to me like a toss up.  But this score keeps popping into my head so I'm going with it:  Hogs win 16-12.

I think our scheme and secondary have improved enough to take away the big plays so that it turns into a game of running the ball and field position.  My biggest worry in that regard is that our lack of depth in the secondary results in them being tired in the fourth quarter--which would make this game just like the last two.

My other worry is that our Oline does not improve enough from last week--still a lot of maturing to do, in both run and pass blocking.  But evidently they have some of the same problems. 
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

Hogs958

Quote from: LZH on September 24, 2016, 11:36:35 am
That is what the radio station in Gainesville said. Or at least the 90 seconds of airtime they gave us. I certainly hope you and they are right.

He's had a decent season so far. I really think our defense is much better, and will give him hell today.

jry04

Quote from: hogz11 on September 22, 2016, 06:21:22 am
Horrible paper matchup for the Hogs. A&M has a QB that can run, a very talented WR core, and DE's that are some of the best in the country. This is also the game where the Hogs have had it won the past two years only for A&M to come back and win.

But this isn't the same Hogs team either. Hogs have a new QB that has swagger and has looked great through 3 games. RW3 looks like an all SEC RB & Devwah looks very promising. The Hogs WR core is full of experience and talent. Sprinkle is probably the best TE in the SEC. The defense is improved as well with the best up front.

At the end of the day, the game isn't played on paper. Matchup looks horrible, but something tells me the Hogs get it done this year against A&M. They've felt the sting the past two years and this is the time for them to exorcise the A&M demons.

Arkansas 31

Texas A&M 24
Disagree that this is a "horrible paper matchup." Do they have some strengths where our weaknesses are? Sure. They DL is legit, and our OL is still struggling. However, Knight, statistically, is one of the worst QBs in the league. Just because you can get 250 yards by throwing it 40 times doesn't mean you are good. They are one of the worst 3rd down offenses in the country, which is great news since we have struggled at times to get stops in 3rd down. Everyone talks about how their run defense is improved, but how do we really know? Auburn doesn't have a QB, so you can sellout on the run and force them to throw it. They still ended up with over 200 yards rushing. A&M as a whole is probably better than TCU, but I would argue TCU's offense is every bit as good, if not better. Hill is a much better QB than Knight.

Also, for as much hype as their pass rush has been getting, as a team they only have 1 more sack than us on the season. They have 2 of the best in the country on the ends, but we have 5-6 guys who can get after you, too. I also don't get seeing all the predictions in the national media, and on here, that TAMU will score high 30s or 40s. They have failed to score more than 29 points in regulation against a power 5 opponent. It took OT v UCLA, and they scored 29 v Auburn. Keep in mind, Auburn also fumbled on their side of the field and had a 20 yard punt giving TAMU a short field twice. This isn't the explosive offense we are used to under Sumlin. They will have to return a kick/punt, and get a few turnovers to score more than 31 on us.

RME

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 23, 2016, 09:38:38 pm
Nope. We have a bunch of YOUNG fans that don't have a clue. To them 2010 and 2011 is the norm.

2 seasons 5-6 years ago is the norm to some people? Huh.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 24, 2016, 02:12:58 pm
2 seasons 5-6 years ago is the norm to some people? Huh.

Isn't that what I said? Wish I had a buck for every time I've read "See, it can be done". Like that's per usual.

RME

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 24, 2016, 02:18:00 pm
Isn't that what I said? Wish I had a buck for every time I've read "See, it can be done". Like that's per usual.

Wish I had a buck for every time someone on here threw out a bad generalization.

Just because something can be done doesn't make it the norm. I don't think many serious fans consider those two seasons "the usual" for Arkansas football.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 24, 2016, 02:21:38 pm
Wish I had a buck for every time someone on here threw out a bad generalization.

Just because something can be done doesn't make it the norm. I don't think many serious fans consider those two seasons "the usual" for Arkansas football.

Kid, I don't really give a Frank what you think.

1highhog

I hate picking against my Hogs, but our OLine is a work in progress and I think Austin will be sitting on the turn of AT&T several times tonight because of blown assignments.  We also don't have good special teams which will hurt us and bite us in the butt tonight, we will miss a FG tonight and be our same old selves on letting the opposing team run up yds on punts and kickoffs.  A&M 34 Hogs 21.

RME

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on September 24, 2016, 02:23:06 pm
Kid, I don't really give a Frank what you think.

No one cares what you think Old Fatty

MuskogeeHogFan

September 24, 2016, 03:31:23 pm #199 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:36:32 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: opineonswine on September 24, 2016, 11:24:57 am
A&M 42
Hogs 20

If you go strictly by stats, yards vs. yards, completions, yards per catch for both teams offenses and defenses, it should be a 30-22 A&M win.

But if you break it down to the efficiency of points produced to points allowed by play for each team, Arkansas comes out on top like 45-31.

Problem is, both teams have done an about face in comparison to who each team was this same time last year. So this game is particularly difficult to call one way or the other.

Arkansas needs to hope that they put a lot of pressure on A&M's offense, taking away their run game and making them try to beat us with the pass (certainly different than last year).

A&M needs to put pressure on our QB and not let the passing game get going, because right now I am pretty sure they don't have a lot of respect for our run game (again, certainly different than last year at this time).

And A&M expects to take advantage of our ST's in returns and they hope that our FG kicker can't match their FG kicker.

I think Arkansas will win, but we will see. The Hogs will have to play their best game of the year to date to make it happen.

Go Hogs Go!
Go Hogs Go!