Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let me get this straight

Started by snoot hoggy hog, November 19, 2017, 08:22:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

Not only are you going to hire Gus, but you're going to let him handpick the AD?

This that sh*t Nolan was talking about.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on November 19, 2017, 08:22:12 pm
Not only are you going to hire Gus, but you're going to let him handpick the AD?

He won't "hand pick" the AD. Relax.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The NewEra

Do you react like this every time you hear some stupid rumor?

Matt Burks

I'd like to know how Dave Van Horn, Mike Anderson and all the other coaches at the U of A would feel about that - if that is remotely true.

kodiakisland

What i think is the BOT wants to hire the coach they want. Then they will hire an AD who will work well with the coach. 
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

MC_Hog

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 19, 2017, 08:30:20 pm
What i think is the BOT wants to hire the coach they want. Then they will hire an AD who will work well with the coach.

And if that happens we will look like the Backwards Hicks that everyone thinks we are. I DO NOT want an AD that's a puppet.

kodiakisland

Quote from: MC_Hog on November 19, 2017, 08:34:14 pm
And if that happens we will look like the Backwards Hicks that everyone thinks we are. I DO NOT want an AD that's a puppet.

Right now i think it's about what the BOT wants.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

(notOM)Rebel123

Nobody gives a crap about us. puppet AD? I think you've totally misinterpreted the situation
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Locutus_of_Boar

From the beginnings of Arkansas sports till his death in 1939 John Futrall ran the program first as professor and later as university president.  Arkansas has had mostly independent AD's for 71 years, since John Barnhill was hired in 1946.  I suspect those days are over and whoever gets the title will be firmly under the control of the BOT and certain members of the RF.  If they do hire a high profile coach he might have prior knowledge of who his AD will be if no announcement is made before the offer is made to the coach giving the appearance the coach has right of approval but whoever it is will be a company man (or woman).

BigDeal

Well let me quelch any rumors. The process will be the opposite as you state. We first will hire the AD. many of us have a good idea already who this person will be. Just waiting for official word. Then the AD will hand pick the football coach - as it should be done.

I thank you.

NuttinItUp

Dude, take a chill pill. No reason to freak out.

DeltaBoy

I expect things to be settled soon!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: BigDeal on November 19, 2017, 08:50:10 pm
Well let me quelch any rumors. The process will be the opposite as you state. We first will hire the AD. many of us have a good idea already who this person will be. Just waiting for official word. Then the AD will hand pick the football coach - as it should be done.

I thank you.

... and sometimes the AD is told who to hire by the BOT, Chancellor or President.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

jnhogs

I don't he will "hand pick" the AD but I could see him saying "no way I would even consider coming if hootey is under consideration for AD"

HogPharmer

Interesting because we just got rid of an AD for not doing what the BOT told him to do.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

buldozer

New AD..... new coach.... life is good!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Let me get this straight you going to put ketchup on a hotdog.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

gawntrail

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 19, 2017, 09:31:58 pm

Mustard only.  Ketchup is communist.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 19, 2017, 09:31:58 pm

I prefer chili and cheese.... and Fritos
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hawaiianhogster

How about this senario. Gus will become Arkansas head football coach as long as these certain people do not become the AD. That isn't choosing the AD.

ipigsooie

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 19, 2017, 09:47:46 pm
How about this senario. Gus will become Arkansas head football coach as long as these certain people do not become the AD. That isn't choosing the AD.

Smh. Or we just hire a guy that doesn't have a track record of butting heads with Ads. I honestly cannot believe we are willing to pay this guy 6.5 million and let him hand pick his ad.....or eliminate candidates.... this should end well.

hawaiianhogster

Put it this way. If you were to become the new head coach on a team that fired their AD, wouldn't you be concerned who the AD was going to be especially if you had problems with one candidate being mentioned as the new AD??? I would big time. I'd be like if you hire this person you can kiss my behind goodbye.

hawaiianhogster

Nutt has never been an AD and never should be at Arkansas Period

hawaiianhogster

Nutt situation divided the Hog fans. Then he went to Ole Miss and ruined them. Now some of you, for unknown reason thinks Nutt can come back and make us successful. Go ahead, divide the fan base again.

Iwastherein1969

look, look, I just found racism under yet another rock
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ipigsooie

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 19, 2017, 09:50:55 pm
Put it this way. If you were to become the new head coach on a team that fired their AD, wouldn't you be concerned who the AD was going to be especially if you had problems with one candidate being mentioned as the new AD??? I would big time. I'd be like if you hire this person you can kiss my behind goodbye.

I think we have guys that have been loyal to the UofA (Mike Anderson, DVH, Chris bucks, etc) that should get a say before Gus.

ipigsooie

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 19, 2017, 09:56:10 pm
Nutt situation divided the Hog fans. Then he went to Ole Miss and ruined them. Now some of you, for unknown reason thinks Nutt can come back and make us successful. Go ahead, divide the fan base again.

I'd be ok if Nutt or Gus never came back. Keep the drama and soap opera elsewhere.

hawgball40

hawaiianhogster

The players that be are going to keep away the coaches that can bring us to winning. Let's face it. That is why many people say we can never be a program like Alabama. Reason being is because they won't hire a coach that can. They will hire a coach that will massage their shoulders more often than not. I will throw up at the new hire of the head coach if he is someone that is not at a winning program in the SEC currently.

King Kong

Quote from: buldozer on November 19, 2017, 09:28:37 pm
New AD..... new coach.... life is good!

Let's see the actual hires first

hawaiianhogster

The players that be better allow the new head coach to run the football program to be successful and not political OR ELSE WE WILL GO THROUGH ANOTHER 5 YEARS OF HELL.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 19, 2017, 08:36:12 pm
Right now i think it's about what the BOT wants.

It is about what the money wants...

PDJ

longpig

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 19, 2017, 10:16:01 pm
The players that be are going to keep away the coaches that can bring us to winning. Let's face it. That is why many people say we can never be a program like Alabama. Reason being is because they won't hire a coach that can. They will hire a coach that will massage their shoulders more often than not. I will throw up at the new hire of the head coach if he is someone that is not at a winning program in the SEC currently.

Best keep a bucket handy
Don't be scared, be smart.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BigDeal on November 19, 2017, 08:50:10 pm

I thank you.

You should put a name next to these confident allegations, that way you can't come back and say you were right. Ow matter who is hired

ipigsooie

Winning coaches from other sec programs can't wait to come to arkansas....happens all the time. More times than they leave for arkansas, they play us to get more money. History has a way of repeating itself.

247Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 19, 2017, 10:20:49 pm
It is about what the money wants...

PDJ

Wow....
and then some more ......

PDJ 247
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hawaiianhogster

hawaiianhogster

They have the money and power to play. That is why I call them players. I should have mentioned that in my post.

Danimal

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 19, 2017, 09:56:10 pm
The hiring of Malzahn alone is gonna divide the fanbase, so I say what the heck -- lets bring Hootie back in too just for added entertainment value!   ;D

MountieDawg

No doubt a Democrat, when you don't like something, it's time to make it a race issue.
SEC!

hawgball40

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 20, 2017, 05:40:42 am
No doubt a Democrat, when you don't like something, it's time to make it a race issue.
GOBN isn't a race issue though. Its an issue of impropriety(real or perceived is open for debate). IE backroom deals because of who you know rather than your own merits. That's what pissed off nolan the most, and thats what the op is referencing. they spent money and bent over backwards for the football team but wouldn't do darn for the basketball team. theyd give passes to HDN but not Nolan. They wouldn't even give us a practice facility for basketball.

HF#1

I fully expect the AD to be in place before Gus is hired or not hired.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin