Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 07:38:33 pm

Think About This

Started by 12247, September 23, 2017, 06:29:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sunshiners are ducking right now big time and we others are still out in force.  But I am seeing more, lots more posts indicating it isn't worth even whining and complaining about anymore.

When and if the whining and complaining actually does dwindle way down, that the worst that can happen.  When we really quit caring, that is signal one of the beginning of the end.

farmhawg

Quote from: 12247 on September 23, 2017, 06:29:02 pm
The Sunshiners are ducking right now big time and we others are still out in force.  But I am seeing more, lots more posts indicating it isn't worth even whining and complaining about anymore.

When and if the whining and complaining actually does dwindle way down, that the worst that can happen.  When we really quit caring, that is signal one of the beginning of the end.

Totally agree. Thanks for always understanding who Brett is and what he would never be here.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Ironhawg

My biggest fear is that this season ends badly, CBB comes back next season, things are as bad or worse and fans quit caring.  They quit showing up to games, they quit buying merchandise, they quit calling talk shows and just quit caring.  When the apathy gets that bad will they come back?

JOKERHOG

Quote from: 12247 on September 23, 2017, 06:29:02 pm

I hope you are right, we have waited waaay too long
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 23, 2017, 06:38:37 pm
My biggest fear is that this season ends badly, CBB comes back next season, things are as bad or worse and fans quit caring.  They quit showing up to games, they quit buying merchandise, they quit calling talk shows and just quit caring.  When the apathy gets that bad will they come back?

we are going to have the biggest, best empty stadiium in the country
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

hoglady

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 23, 2017, 06:38:37 pm

They will - but it will take a very successful product on the field to get them back.

You can tell the apathy is setting in by the numbers of folks viewing this board. I would guess in years past it was alot more than 2500 or so on the board / after a loss like that.

Not one of my friends or family has called me griping, no text messages, nothing but silence.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawgmasta

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 06:42:36 pm
They will - but it will take a very successful product on the field to get them back.

You can tell the apathy is setting in by the numbers of folks viewing this board. I would guess in years past it was alot more than 2500 or so on the board / after a loss like that.

Not one of my friends or family has called me griping, no text messages, nothing but silence.

My father used to always text me after a tight game, and he hasn't since about the midway point of last season. Apathy has set in, and that's the scary part.

hoglady

Quote from: hawgmasta on September 23, 2017, 06:45:01 pm

My father used to always text me after a tight game, and he hasn't since about the midway point of last season. Apathy has set in, and that's the scary part.

My brother, too.
He used to be so upset after a game like that it would bother him for days / those days are long gone.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

HogHomer

One of the best decisions I ever made was to decide to not let a game dictate my attitude in my everyday life. I'm frustrated that with the way the coaches and players are performing but as soon as I walk out my door I am over it. Doesn't mean I'm apathetic because I believe arkansas can and should do better than it has but I don't let a game control me.

Ironhawg

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 06:48:49 pm
My brother, too.
He used to be so upset after a game like that it would bother him for days / those days are long gone.

My mother is a huge Hog fan.  Always in the past she has texted me during games, but she quit doing that after Auburn last year and I have not heard a single comment from her this year.  I think i'm going to call to make sure she is ok.

hoglady

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 23, 2017, 06:56:01 pm
My mother is a huge Hog fan.  Always in the past she has texted me during games, but she quit doing that after Auburn last year and I have not heard a single comment from her this year.  I think i'm going to call to make sure she is ok.

Yes - you should check on her.
Even on Tigerdroppings those guys are talking about how there are hardly any "melt" threads after the game.
It appears the apathy is setting in quickly - the most interesting thing next weekend will be how many butts are in the seats.

Grunt

JL fired the best coach ever because he is the biggest POs ever and self-righteous POS/ Stupid bastard.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.