Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How has a lower tier school like Miss St had more success than Arkansas lately?

Started by Sweet Feet, September 20, 2017, 01:27:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSammich

IronHog

Quote from: Silver Hog on September 22, 2017, 01:27:41 pm
The question is flawed, the reality is we ARE a lower tier team.  As much as we want to think we are Bama, we are Mizzou or Vandy or Kentucky.

Shouldn't be...

But when you're scared of AState?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Razorbackers

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 01:33:20 pm

Shouldn't be...

But when you're scared of AState?

Isn't there an state board you should be on?

Or do you go over there and talk to them about why they shouldn't want to play arkansas?

longpig

Quote from: Sweet Feet on September 20, 2017, 01:27:00 pm
Mississippi State i don't really consider to be a better program than Arkansas overall, but what is it about their program that has helped them be more successful than Arkansas in the past 5 years?

This is too easy.  Mullen is an SEC West caliber coach, Bret Bielema isn't.
Don't be scared, be smart.

IronHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 22, 2017, 01:35:38 pm
Isn't there an state board you should be on?

Or do you go over there and talk to them about why they shouldn't want to play arkansas?

I don't give a flip about AState

But Arkansas should play them for a variety of reasons. 

It isn't 1983 anymore.

311Hog

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 01:37:08 pm
I don't give a flip about AState

But Arkansas should play them for a variety of reasons. 

It isn't 1983 anymore.

what ARE those reasons? 

Let me see umm because they are finally half way decent ?

Umm because we will make so much money off the deal?

Because they would be so humble and respectful about it?

THERE ARE NO REASONS TO PLAY THEM from the UofA's point of view and at the moment that is the only PoV that matters.

The only reason anyone would want this is because they are one of the few A-state fans and/or are dying for the slim chance at humiliation for the program they claim to be a fan of.

in the history of the two programs maybe 3 times was ASU good enough to probably beat the Hogs, right now maybe one of those times but who cares if it is?  i sure don't 

IronHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 22, 2017, 01:40:57 pm
what ARE those reasons? 

Let me see umm because they are finally half way decent ?

Umm because we will make so much money off the deal?

Because they would be so humble and respectful about it?

THERE ARE NO REASONS TO PLAY THEM from the UofA's point of view and at the moment that is the only PoV that matters.

The only reason anyone would want this is because they are one of the few A-state fans and/or are dying for the slim chance at humiliation for the program they claim to be a fan of.

in the history of the two programs maybe 3 times was ASU good enough to probably beat the Hogs, right now maybe one of those times but who cares if it is?  i sure don't 

You should care.

If Arkansas wants to remain a statewide program they need to find ways to stay relevant across Arkansas......playing Astate goes a long way toward staying THE program.

Playing Fla AM does nothing but waste a game at this point.

311Hog

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 01:47:54 pm

You should care.

If Arkansas wants to remain a statewide program they need to find ways to stay relevant across Arkansas......playing Astate goes a long way toward staying THE program.

this point is in no way true.

1. Arkansas is a state wide totally dominate in terms of the fan base saturation now and has been since the dawn of time and how many times have they played Astate? hmm
2. Nothing says that playing ANY other school from Arkansas would do anything but diminish the Hogs standing in the state. It is absolutely insane to think a program that is already state wide dominant SHOULD engage in a process that "might" create an in state rivalry situation (though it would take along time for that to become a reality).

As i said before the Hogs don't need to do anything except keep on keepin on.

It is amazing how this through of Astate only surfaces in seasons where the Hogs aren't real good.  it is like some people just want to watch the world burn.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: 311Hog on September 22, 2017, 01:50:42 pm

1. Arkansas is a state wide totally dominate in terms of the fan base saturation now and has been since the dawn of time and how many times have they played Astate? hmm
2. Nothing says that playing ANY other school from Arkansas would do anything but diminish the Hogs standing in the state. It is absolutely insane to think a program that is already state wide dominant SHOULD engage in a process that "might" create an in state rivalry situation (though it would take along time for that to become a reality).

You are waisting your breath as he, and the few of his ilk, will only be satisfied when congress passes a law requiring the UoA to play A-Light....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

311Hog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 01:54:26 pm
You are waisting your breath as he, and the few of his ilk, will only be satisfied when congress passes a law requiring the UoA to play A-Light....

indeed, benefit ratio for that match up is Arkansas 0   Alight 100000000000000

Razorbackers

You should care.

lol

IronHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 22, 2017, 01:50:42 pm

It is amazing how this through of Astate only surfaces in seasons where the Hogs aren't real good.  it is like some people just want to watch the world burn.

The more UA retreats into NWA the more they will lose......

Two counties and a few Alumni that work for Texas grads in Dallas can't support a high D1 program.......

IronHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 01:54:26 pm

You know Astate would win 40%

Truth hurts.  Keep flagshipping

DLUXHOG

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 02:18:15 pm

You know Astate would win 40%

Truth hurts.  Keep flagshipping

Actually I don't know this, and neither do you...  guessing, I would say Hogs would win at least 9 out of 10.... but as this game gives the Hogs zero, we'll never know.   And I don't care.

IronHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 02:25:58 pm
Actually I don't know this, and neither do you...  guessing, I would say Hogs would win at least 9 out of 10.... but as this game gives the Hogs zero, we'll never know.   And I don't care.

Enjoy the losses to TCU then......that's what scared and arrogant earns you.

Being afraid of Astate is why USC goes 70-17 on you

DLUXHOG

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 02:41:28 pm

Enjoy the losses to TCU then......that's what scared and arrogant earns you.

Being afraid of Astate is why USC goes 70-17 on you

Oh, okay, I didn't realize that playing A-light would make the Hogs more competitive against TCU, USC, Ala, etc....   you should have said so initially... ;)

IronHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 02:49:29 pm
Oh, okay, I didn't realize that playing A-light would make the Hogs more competitive against TCU, USC, Ala, etc....   you should have said so initially... ;)

The strong crush the weak and seek out the best.

Hogs seek to hide from Astate.  Is what it is.....they'd rather football for the sake of football.

311Hog

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 02:17:15 pm

The more UA retreats into NWA the more they will lose......

Two counties and a few Alumni that work for Texas grads in Dallas can't support a high D1 program.......

Are we currently playing instate schools ? have we ever? so tell me again how the UofA is retreating into NWA.....

que GSD in 3 ....2......1....... (nothing to do with Astate btw).

311Hog

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 02:52:48 pm

The strong crush the weak and seek out the best.

Hogs seek to hide from Astate.  Is what it is.....they'd rather football for the sake of football.

Man in all these years i never took you for an A-state fan i always thought you were a Hog fan.

IronHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 22, 2017, 03:10:29 pm
Man in all these years i never took you for an A-state fan i always thought you were a Hog fan.

I just call it like I see it.

UA needs a better OOC schedule and to play AState to maximize potential.

They're stuck in 1975 on scheduling mindset.

311Hog

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 03:14:17 pm

UA needs a better OOC schedule no doubt but scheduling Astate would DO NOTHING to improve that situation.

The only potential maximized by a Hog vs IndianWolf game would be 100% Astates.  It is the height of stupidity to engage in a no win game.  Win by a thousand you still lose, lose the game never hear the end of it why play the game?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

You should care.

Heaven forbid people actually have to travel to see the major school in the state play, oh wait, that is exactly what happens in every other state. Go to Ohio, and the roads are full of people travelling to Columbus for games. Same for Tn, Clemson, VT, OU, and on and on and on.

ONLY in Arkansas would you find people so lazy that they expect the team to come to them. Of course that just reflects the general attitude about EVERYTHING in life for about 3/4 of the state, and is why AR is one of the poorest states in the country. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 03:14:17 pm

You are stuck with the same old arguments people have been making for years about the OOC. They picked up a p5 team in every year. They have a home and home with Notre freaking Dame scheduled. They had one with Mich until Michigan bailed out like the whiny piece of trash Harbaugh is.

You want a better OOC schedule because you cant get excited about the Hogs playing for the sake of it being the Hogs playing. You want them to play 4 big time ooc games because YOU WANT it, never mind if it is actually good for the program or not.

BTW, scheduling ASU does not improve anyone's ooc schedule.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 22, 2017, 03:20:32 pm
Heaven forbid people actually have to travel to see the major school in the state play, oh wait, that is exactly what happens in every other state. Go to Ohio, and the roads are full of people travelling to Columbus for games. Same for Tn, Clemson, VT, OU, and on and on and on.

ONLY in Arkansas would you find people so lazy that they expect the team to come to them. Of course that just reflects the general attitude about EVERYTHING in life for about 3/4 of the state, and is why AR is one of the poorest states in the country. 

WTH are you talking about?

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 22, 2017, 03:23:28 pm
You are stuck with the same old arguments people have been making for years about the OOC. They picked up a p5 team in every year. They have a home and home with Notre freaking Dame scheduled. They had one with Mich until Michigan bailed out like the whiny piece of trash Harbaugh is.

You want a better OOC schedule because you cant get excited about the Hogs playing for the sake of it being the Hogs playing. You want them to play 4 big time ooc games because YOU WANT it, never mind if it is actually good for the program or not.

BTW, scheduling ASU does not improve anyone's ooc schedule.

It makes a game with some buzz vs another rent a win.

But they can't beat ULM and Toledo anyway.......just stick that nose in the air and claim superority. 

311Hog

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 03:27:23 pm

It makes a game with some buzz vs another rent a win.

But they can't beat ULM and Toledo anyway.......just stick that nose in the air and claim superority. 

again i ask you buzz for whom?  playing a game vs Astate would create absolutely no positive buzz for the UofA Program right now.  Absolutely none.

Has nothing to do with superiority or anything like that.  Btw Toledo was a good team with an amazing RB that is currently tearing it up in the NFL but keep acting like they werent a good team.  Shouldn't have lost but still a good team.

But that proves my point even more. We lose an ugly game to an 11 win team and ppl can't let it go or accurately portray it. Imagine the Hogs losing a game to Astate OMG you would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever hear the end of it.  If they didn't win by a million you would never hear the end of it.

IronHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 22, 2017, 03:34:24 pm
again i ask you buzz for whom?  playing a game vs Astate would create absolutely no positive buzz for the UofA Program right now.  Absolutely none.

Has nothing to do with superiority or anything like that.  Btw Toledo was a good team with an amazing RB that is currently tearing it up in the NFL but keep acting like they werent a good team.  Shouldn't have lost but still a good team.

But that proves my point even more. We lose an ugly game to an 11 win team and ppl can't let it go or accurately portray it. Imagine the Hogs losing a game to Astate OMG you would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever hear the end of it.  If they didn't win by a million you would never hear the end of it.

More excuses from the flagship

Prove it or shut it.

We all know UA won't prove it so enjoy bad football

311Hog

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 03:40:23 pm

More excuses from the flagship

Prove it or shut it.

We all know UA won't prove it so enjoy bad football

prove what? why? to whom?  how is astate involved?

IronHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 22, 2017, 03:42:42 pm

prove what? why? to whom?  how is astate involved?

Well they are in Arkansas

Real Arkansas too.....not the NWA part

Razorbackers

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 03:44:00 pm

Your troll game is weak and predictable.

Is real Arkansas where "The Boise State of the South" is?

DLUXHOG

Know this, NWA is just as much a part of "real Arkansas " as Joneswhorl is....

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

311Hog

longpig

Arkansans go to NWA for football, to NEA for meth. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

DLUXHOG

IronHog

IronHog

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

IronHog

Wildhog

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 04:20:10 pm
Nah north of there.  Pine bluffish originally

Guv sang at my wedding actually 😄

Ah, you're a northerner.
1909/1964/1965/1977

IronHog

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

IronHog

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!