Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nets vs Rockets

Started by Reservoir Hogs, March 31, 2014, 11:44:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reservoir Hogs

In NYC for the week for work and a buddy in the city just scored tix for the Nets vs Rockets game tomorrow in Brooklyn.  Not a big NBA fan but just started following the Rockets due to Pbev and Ronnie Brewer being on the same team.  Add Jo Jo into the equation and thats a 30% Hogs starting line up!
Ill be there front and center in all hog gear, should be good seats so watch for the hog fan in the sea of Brooklynites.  Ill be easy to spot ill be a hog shirt and no wearing skinny jeans

Slimac4

Quote from: razrhog05 on March 31, 2014, 11:44:55 pm
In NYC for the week for work and a buddy in the city just scored tix for the Nets vs Rockets game tomorrow in Brooklyn.  Not a big NBA fan but just started following the Rockets due to Pbev and Ronnie Brewer being on the same team.  Add Jo Jo into the equation and thats a 30% Hogs starting line up!
Ill be there front and center in all hog gear, should be good seats so watch for the hog fan in the sea of Brooklynites.  Ill be easy to spot ill be a hog shirt and no wearing skinny jeans

Just to let you know... Rockets cut brewer awhile back.

TT222

Quote from: JMACbleedred on April 01, 2014, 01:54:56 am
Just to let you know... Rockets cut brewer awhile back.

And Beverly is out for at least 2 more weeks...

rusvegashog

Talk about a buzz kill, but sadly both are true.

yraciv

Quote from: rusvegashog on April 01, 2014, 01:38:00 pm
Talk about a buzz kill, but sadly both are true.

Yeah still good squads and should be a fun game, but probably should have done a little more research if he was expecting to see a lot of Hogs.  Brewer for the most part was a cheerleader all year, and Bev has been frontpage news on ESPN this week.

rusvegashog

I'm sure it was a good time regardless. Since Nash( my favorite player) has been injured and went to LA(koby) I can't in any way root for him much like DMAC in Oakland(chiefs fan). I just won't pull for those teamsHouston, OKC and New Jersey have become my teams. I really wish Brewer was still w Houston. That's been the team I really find myself pulling for the most.

Reservoir Hogs

Yes I did little to no research and the tix were free.  Was a fun game though, that new arena is top of line for sure.   Joe had a great game too.
One interesting thing we had these "all access" tickets that got us free food and drinks at all the restaurants in the arena.  And the snack bars are all ran by local Brooklyn restaurants not just regular snack bar food.  Jay Z also has a 40/40 in there with a big deck overlooking the court.  We watched about half of the game from up there.
The NBA environment is SO different though.  It is all entertainment and fluff.  Very little passion in the fan base.
Was a fun experience but only got to see one hog play, and the environment was not quite what I expected.

rusvegashog

Sounds pretty bad #*+ to me. Never been to NYC myself plus the new arena and got to see Joe be Joe. Went to a Grizzly's game a few years back and had a blast but you're right it's different than a college venue. Fun none the less.