Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pirate fans relieved to get Arkansas as a draw - foresee no problems...

Started by Bogghawg, March 12, 2017, 05:20:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

40MINSOFHELL

Danny J

Pigonometry

Baseball is simple, but never easy.

TNhawgfan

Didn't read one negative thing on there. Most thought they had a good chance to win. We do too
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

JONAS

Letsroll1200

Pigonometry

Baseball is simple, but never easy.

JONAS

popcornhog

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 12, 2017, 05:20:30 pm
https://setonhall.forums.rivals.com/threads/razorback.27988/

They aren't calling it a gimme. They're calling it winnable. It is absolutely a winnable game for both teams. It's an 8/9 matchup -- it's designed to be a winnable game for both teams.
WPS

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: popcornhog on March 12, 2017, 05:34:26 pm
They aren't calling it a gimme. They're calling it winnable. It is absolutely a winnable game for both teams. It's an 8/9 matchup -- it's designed to be a winnable game for both teams.

Yep, this one is a coin flip for bracket purposes. I'm curious to see the Vegas line. I suspect pick em to maybe SH by a couple.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hobhog

Hope Moses shows up. He completely disappeared today and we have to have better inside presence.

popcornhog

Quote from: hobhog on March 12, 2017, 05:40:15 pm
Hope Moses shows up. He completely disappeared today and we have to have better inside presence.

Part of today was just being overmatched. Part of it was not hitting open threes; playing sloppy half court offense in stretches; and Moses really struggling.
WPS

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hobhog on March 12, 2017, 05:40:15 pm

We will most definitely need to see Moses show up. SH has a decent big. Hope we can get him into early foul trouble to open up the paint a bit. Will be a tough game...I'm a bit concerned of their superior physicality given today's game. They don't do well from the free throw line though so we have that going for us.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: popcornhog on March 12, 2017, 05:34:26 pm

"No one can say the selection committee screwed us this time around."

"Really like the draw we received! Hall can handle Arkansas if we play our game."

"I don't know a thing about Arkansas this year." - Speaks volumes about how invisible Arkansas Basketball has become in the 21st Century.

"Their best wins vs at-large teams are vandy(twice) and South Carolina."

"Another thing that caught my eye. They beat everybody they were supposed to. Game cocks where their only upset win." -  Well it was a quick review, the Missouri game will be noticed later in the week.  ;)

WxHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on March 12, 2017, 05:39:03 pm
Yep, this one is a coin flip for bracket purposes. I'm curious to see the Vegas line. I suspect pick em to maybe SH by a couple.

I agree.  I expect this to open up as for Seton Hall to be a very slight favorite, around 1 or 2 points. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

BoarnSupremacy

"Another thing that caught my eye. They beat everybody they were supposed to. Game cocks where their only upset win. Level of competition was way down for the SEC. we played 7 NCAA teams twice. That level of competing should be a big help for us."

I think this comment may have some merit.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pigonometry on March 12, 2017, 05:33:01 pm
Correct.  My bad.  I knew that. Brain cramp
I think they got bit by Glen Rice and somebody named Robinson.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

ShadowHawg

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 12, 2017, 06:19:12 pm
"Another thing that caught my eye. They beat everybody they were supposed to. Game cocks where their only upset win. Level of competition was way down for the SEC. we played 7 NCAA teams twice. That level of competing should be a big help for us."

I think this comment may have some merit.

Has zero bearing at this point of the season. Everyone in P5 conferences are ready.

Seton Hall is not deep. We get the game going up and down and attack the rim and draw fouls, we will win.

PORKULATOR

I hope their players have the same attitude as their fans. They're so layed back about it and comfortable. Not one ounce of fear from their fan base.
Makes me want to beat them by 25.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 12, 2017, 06:29:35 pm
I hope their players have the same attitude as their fans. They're so layed back about it and comfortable. Not one once of fear from their fan base.
Makes me want to beat them by 25.

Me too. In looking at their schedule results, they look like a team that plays to the level they perceive their opponents to be on.

ronmahony

Watched them the other night, their center is a beast. Lot better than Bam  I.M.O.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: ronmahony on March 12, 2017, 06:54:50 pm
Watched them the other night, their center is a beast. Lot better than Bam  I.M.O.

That could be a problem.  We didn't have an answer for Adebayo today.  He killed us. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Jborohog09

Quote from: ronmahony on March 12, 2017, 06:54:50 pm

How are their guards?

BoarnSupremacy

They think playing in same time zone is an advantage   haha        They beat Marquette and Butler but lost to them too.  I think hogs wear them down last 10 minutes

passinghog

I think playing a Seton Hall team will prepare us from a toughness standpoint. Tough big east team with a bruiser inside; beating them would put us in the right mindset of going against Carolina. UNC is typically soft under Roy. Will the late game aggressiveness carry over to Seton Hall?

Letsroll1200

Powell can knock down the 3 ball and Carrington is a strong finisher in the backcourt. The big guy I think we can handle if we keep him off the boards.

This game will come down to who comes to play and mental toughness and that scares the hell out of me.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PonderinHog

Speaking of relieved, I hope they piss their pants after we whip their asses!

TNhawgfan

I'll give them credit. Most on that board are reasonable after a loss, unlike hogville
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol