Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long

Started by razorbackfaninar, November 09, 2017, 04:47:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 09, 2017, 05:33:17 pm
People are mad at the product on the field.  That's on Bielema.

But when JL fiddles while Rome burns...people shouldn't be surprised when the anger extends to him as well.

Exactly! JL was too slow to fire Failphrey, but I think a lot of people, some with power, some not so much, were angered by his dismantlement of the GOBN even as many of the same people were calling for exactly that for years.

How he did it may have been ham-handed and he got rid of some who weren't part of Hooten's shenanigans in a guilt by association thing.

I believe that was mandated by John White, who is no longer in the picture, thank goodness. The egghead meddling in athletics was in way over his head, or out of his lane.

His bungling of the Hooty mess after enabling him for years is part of the reason Long was brought in.

Now, the chickens have come home to roost and many people who have felt disrespected by Long or think he's pompous and arrogant will have their say. That's my take until someone comes up with a better one.

They were infuriated by the Petrino firing, far as I'm concerned Bobby fired himself, but they have waited in the weeds for several years for Long to slip up again.

His attempted hirings of Jim Grobe and Tommy Bowden before Petrino, the Petrino debacle, now the Bielema experiment which has clearly not worked...

It's time for Long to go too.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

EastexHawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 09, 2017, 05:07:21 pm
ahh...yeah honestly that's my top reason for wanting to retain Jeff Long.  I don't want the same group of people who ran Nolan Richardson off to reassert power on the Hill.

In my opinion Nolan began resting on his laurels, maybe quit recruiting as hard after the two consecutive championship game appearances.  His last six teams went a combined 50-45 in conference and his last three went 22-25.  Maybe you believe he should have been given longer based on lifetime achievement, but frankly by the time he left I was ready for him to go.

moses_007

Long has been good at building facilities, but mediocre when hiring coaches.  Looks like he's been a good fund raiser too.  But if he's been involved in any underhanded business sheninagans, he may be gone. 

Kevin

when you start listing all the traditions he has changed, and all the legends he has crapped on, I wish the fan base would have risen up sooner against this guy.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LAGNAF

Quote from: Kevin on November 10, 2017, 02:01:27 pm
when you start listing all the traditions he has changed, and all the legends he has crapped on, I wish the fan base would have risen up sooner against this guy.

Would you list them please, I'm not aware of many changed "traditions" or crapped on "Legends"

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 10:06:51 am
I'm 100% Green, lol. As to the other, there's an internal audit team in LR that scours the different campuses, if there are improprieties, they will be found. If the can't, then the Legislative Audit committee will, just ask Gearhart and the Academic Advancement team and UAF Foundation. I'm sorry, I don't trust speculation without facts posted on here. I don't trust some of the stuff I post at times, even if it comes from the horse's mouth, because I didn't see the paperwork, lol.

I stand corrected.....

I am not saying he snatched a John Deere combine off your property....

I have a couple of Deere things laying around the grounds here but I am a Case man.

Seriously, check into the plane thing...

PRJ

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 03:30:10 pm
I stand corrected.....

I am not saying he snatched a John Deere combine off your property....

I have a couple of Deere things laying around the grounds here but I am a Case man.

Seriously, check into the plane thing...

PRJ

Ok, nothing runs like a Deere, however, I retired and rented mine out a few years ago. I still have some JD power units in some farms where I provide the water, I also use them to pump up the woods since it won't freaking rain enough to relift out of the river/bayou.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 03:46:08 pm
Ok, nothing runs like a Deere, however, I retired and rented mine out a few years ago. I still have some JD power units in some farms where I provide the water, I also use them to pump up the woods since it won't freaking rain enough to relift out of the river/bayou.

Well Rice, I respect the hell out of you and your posts....I figure you will know who the next coach will be before 99.9% of the rest on here, including me.

I know I drive you crazy, but I just pass on what some old men tell me...within bounds....

Including about Jeff. And some of this stuff is going to leak out. I figure the jet thing will soon...especially since others, porkaterian, are alluding to it.

Anyway, you are a farmer. You have done good work. You feed people, you have dealt, I suspect, with more BS than three quarters of us ever would in 3 lifetimes. My granddaddy's were a carpenter and a cattle rancher....Blue Collar, salt of the earth dudes. I put you in that same category.

PRJ

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 03:52:10 pm

Well Rice, I respect the hell out of you and your posts....I figure you will know who the next coach will be before 99.9% of the rest on here, including me.

I know I drive you crazy, but I just pass on what some old men tell me...within bounds....

Including about Jeff. And some of this stuff is going to leak out. I figure the jet thing will soon...especially since others, porkaterian, are alluding to it.

Anyway, you are a farmer. You have done good work. You feed people, you have dealt, I suspect, with more BS than three quarters of us ever would in 3 lifetimes. My granddaddy's were a carpenter and a cattle rancher....Blue Collar, salt of the earth dudes. I put you in that same category.

PRJ

Well, I appreciate the kind words, I like you, love the Razorbacks, and just want to have success. As to the "jet thing", if it's something that's soon to come out, then I'll wait. It would surprise me if it's an egregious misuse, or someone would have been all over it already. The same goes with any other improprieties, if so, the sooner divulged, the better for Arkansas.

texas tush hog

Quote from: LAGNAF on November 10, 2017, 02:08:55 pm
Would you list them please, I'm not aware of many changed "traditions" or crapped on "Legends"

Does the name Chuck Dicus ring a bell? How about Dr. Sean Rochelle to name a couple.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 10, 2017, 04:37:14 pm
Quote from: LAGNAF on November 10, 2017, 02:08:55 pm
[/quote

Does the name Chuck Dicus ring a bell? How about Dr. Sean Rochelle to name a couple.

What did he do to Chuck Dicus and Sean Rochelle?

texas tush hog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 10, 2017, 04:39:27 pm
What did he do to Chuck Dicus and Sean Rochelle?

Sueezed both out when they would not do his nefarious enethical bidding. If you have to ask you do not matter,

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 10, 2017, 04:41:41 pm

Sueezed both out when they would not do his nefarious enethical bidding. If you have to ask you do not matter,

Zing.....

PRJ

ricepig

Well, the RF and nefarious dealings have gone on for years.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: oldhog63 on November 10, 2017, 08:32:05 am
But they are supposed to pay for that use at the rate as if they were flying commercial.

Not all the time in all companies.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pork Twain

Quote from: thebignasty on November 10, 2017, 09:58:14 am
New rumor mongers pay attention.  This is how you spread a good rumor.

PRJ is like a great white and drama is the blood that draws him.  He does boast about a 2-3% accuracy rate though, so he has that going.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

southeasthog

Well ain't you all high and mighty.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

ricepig

Quote from: southeasthog on November 11, 2017, 05:31:26 am
Well ain't you all high and mighty.

Ask him about the real estate deals under the previous ones before those two, lol.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2017, 08:09:29 am
Ask him about the real estate deals under the previous ones before those two, lol.

Really favorable interest rates?  And repayment plans, maybe?  That was awhile ago, I've forgotten who the participants were and most of the details.

Did anyone have to answer for that?  No names necessary.  Just a yes or no will suffice if you know.

ricepig

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on November 11, 2017, 08:55:45 am
Really favorable interest rates?  And repayment plans, maybe?  That was awhile ago, I've forgotten who the participants were and most of the details.

Did anyone have to answer for that?  No names necessary.  Just a yes or no will suffice if you know.
To my knowledge, they didn't, but one never knows what goes on there.

Hogwild

Quote from: hawgon on November 10, 2017, 12:02:38 pm
Good lord, his football coach hiring record at Notre Dame is as bad as Long's, if not worse.  He extended Davies, hired George O'Leary, Ty Willingham, and Charlie Weis.  He then extended Weis for ten years and is the reason Notre Dame is still paying him.

No worries, he is not interested happy at Duke.