Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

chiefsfan

4-1

We've gotta get Eibner out of there...and I mean soon
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

booogaga

GO HOGS!

jfred59

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 15, 2009, 06:42:52 pm
There was no way to avoid that.  That's just the way the brackets were set up at the start

Whatever....they sure "certain" teams were taken care of

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Pickled Pig

I like Eibner, but it's not his day.....he's not good stuff...please get him out.....now.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 15, 2009, 06:45:11 pm
TJ Forrest warming up.   Which means Smyly will start game 3

Why did we save Smyly for game 3?  Should have used him today I think.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

taintlint

Quote from: heathtits on June 15, 2009, 06:43:02 pm
Who do you put out there Genius?

We don't have much else and he's doing fine.

Baseball is a man's sport. If you can't hang out and hold onto your wits, maybe its time to change your tampax.

It was one freaking inning and one weak pop fly home run.

And wow, he looks fine this inning, about to be 1,2,3.

Like I said, he wouldn't see the 3rd.

You want me to teach you anything else or do you want to keep your mouth shut for a bit?

HogFansReunited

Now we are going to go to the bull pen early and will hurt us in the long run if we don't win this one.

Member #3568

TNhawgfan

we really need to come back and win this one tonight. it would be mightily tough to beat VA and then LSU twice just to get to the finals
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hogfan064

Quote from: jfred59 on June 15, 2009, 06:46:05 pm

Whatever....they sure "certain" teams were taken care of

How would you avoid it?  8 SEC teams made the tourney.  There is no conspiracy, just the way the brackets ended up.  The committee had no way of knowing Arkansas and LSU would end up playing in the 2nd round of the CWS

Tommythetiger

Clint Alan

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

THExONE

If at first you dont suceed, so much for sky diving.......

chiefsfan

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 15, 2009, 06:46:56 pm
Why did we save Smyly for game 3?  Should have used him today I think.

Because Smyly is a head case and Eibner is the 2nd best pitcher on our staff...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

razobak

Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

Pickled Pig

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 15, 2009, 06:42:57 pm
youre just not questioning this.   We've had this same lineup the entire postseason

I understand that....but I'm not sure that we haven't won in spite of the Ben T./S. Lyons order....I don't understand hitting a guy with Ben's power in front of a guy who doesn't have nearly the power but hits for average.

Clint Alan

heathtits

Quote from: taintlint on June 15, 2009, 06:46:58 pm
Like I said, he wouldn't see the 3rd.

You want me to teach you anything else or do you want to keep your mouth shut for a bit?

Ahh the new HoginMemphis I see.

You're right he does need to get out of there he was rosy as a cherry after that double. But he looked fine until Schempf came up. 

Gotta be that stupid flat bill. I hate those so much.

TNhawgfan

Clint Alan

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

Clint Alan

Quote from: heathtits on June 15, 2009, 06:50:05 pm

You're right he does need to get out of there he was rosy as a cherry after that double. But he looked fine until Schempf came up. 

STOP THE BICKERING

jfred59

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 15, 2009, 06:48:17 pm
How would you avoid it?  8 SEC teams made the tourney.  There is no conspiracy, just the way the brackets ended up.  The committee had no way of knowing Arkansas and LSU would end up playing in the 2nd round of the CWS
[/quote

I guess your right but "certain teams", no matter what sport, are always taken care of by the National Communist Association.  Texass is one of them

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

taintlint

Quote from: heathtits on June 15, 2009, 06:50:05 pm

I'm hardly HiM.

But if you think Eibner should take the mound in the CWS you are on crack. We lost when the decision was made to put him out there.

DVH should be lit on fire for even considering it.

heathtits

The horrible OAR theme songs and the abundant flat bills are really chapping my ass right now.

BassinHawg

At least it's early, the Hogs need to keep swinging.

I still think somebody else should have started though.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Pistol Pete

TNhawgfan

hogfan064

Quote from: jfred59 on June 15, 2009, 06:51:16 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on June 15, 2009, 06:48:17 pm
[/quote

I guess your right but "certain teams", no matter what sport, are always taken care of by the National Communist Association.  Texass is one of them

I don't see where the NCAA did a bad job of seeding anyone this year.  Everyone seemed worthy of their seeding.  Oklahoma might be the one exception I'd have with having a top 8 seed, but the Sooners did finish 2nd in their conference. 

capehog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2010, 03:19:41 pm
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on April 28, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

heathtits

Quote from: taintlint on June 15, 2009, 06:52:07 pm
I'm hardly HiM.

But if you think Eibner should take the mound in the CWS you are on crack. We lost when the decision was made to put him out there.

DVH should be lit on fire for even considering it.

I'm done arguing but you have yet to say who you put in to start game 2 instead of Eibner.

FedorE

I agree. See you this fall chode. Someone boot this lsu ballsack

bfosh

Clint Alan

bad guy

Ks

TEAM               1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    R    H    E
Lousiana St       3   1                                     4    5    0
Arkansas           1                                          1    2    0

1 runs, 2 hits, 2 men left

capehog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2010, 03:19:41 pm
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on April 28, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

chiefsfan

Quote from: Pickled Pig on June 15, 2009, 06:49:17 pm
I understand that....but I'm not sure that we haven't won in spite of the Ben T./S. Lyons order....I don't understand hitting a guy with Ben's power in front of a guy who doesn't have nearly the power but hits for average.

Ben is a fastball  contact hitter.   the perfect 2 hole hitter.   Plus Lyons serves to seperate all the lefty's

hogfan064

I don't think that last pitch was a strike, but we'll take it

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

PoconoHog

Good pitch Forrest......that was a HUGE out.....come on bats
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

heathtits

Great pitch, way to get out of the jam.

I never realized how squirly TJ is though, TV really brings it out of him.

HogTuba

Time for a William Tell revival listening!  Commercials suck anyway.
S-A-S-N-A-K--RA

bfosh

we're still in though if our first inning as an indication.  we made some good contact on their starter.  just need to pick up some runs in the 2nd