Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jurick Best AD in America, if winning the the measuring stick

Started by Hoggie17, January 09, 2014, 08:27:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

"Just last spring, Jurich was the toast of his profession after the Cardinals' men's basketball team won a national championship, the football team won a BCS game, the women's basketball team made an appearance in the national championship game and the baseball team went to the College World Series."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140109/bobby-petrino-louisville-tom-jurich-mandel/#ixzz2puXjo17i

Some sports writers have said Jurick is only interested in winning. How stupid can they be, of course college coaches win or the are fired.  There would never be a coaching change if the AD is interested in only fielding a team. 

superior_wang

they dont know Jeff Long is the true Messiah? Blasphemy!  :D

EastexHawg

Sure his teams win...but is he on a committee?  That's what really matters.

superior_wang

Bebop

Jurich is a great AD that has moved Louisville's program upwards. He wouldn't hire BP if he didn't have all the power in the negotiating process.

Hoggie17

Quote from: Chris D on January 09, 2014, 10:34:25 am
Jurich is a great AD that has moved Louisville's program upwards. He wouldn't hire BP if he didn't have all the power in the negotiating process.
That may be true, but he wouldn't have hired BP if didn't know he is an elite college football coach. 

hawg IQ

Quote from: Hoggie17 on January 09, 2014, 10:43:38 am
That may be true, but he wouldn't have hired BP if didn't know he is an elite college football coach. 
lville now- funny thing now, head bball and football coaches got slamed by gold diggers
go hogs go !

WilsonHog

Jurich is about the only AD who has enough stroke right now to hire Petrino and not get absolutely scalded in the media.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 09, 2014, 06:16:23 pm
Jurich is about the only AD who has enough stroke right now to hire Petrino and not get absolutely scalded in the media.

Exactly. There's a reason (or several) why he wasn't considered for any of the other big jobs that have come open.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

MuskogeeHogFan

BP will be on a short leash until he gets them to another (formerly) BCS level bowl, but he ain't going to be in no Big East anymore. The ACC may actually present greater challenges for his short term success at Louisville. Defensive minded players may decommit, current defensive players may choose to transfer, or, maybe they all stay? Who knows for sure? We will see.

Offensive skill players may gravitate to Lousiville now that BP is back and he will certainly find and sign good QB's that are capable of withstanding his daily wrath. He'll field a good team at Louisville that generates a ton of offense. Question is, can he win against the more superior teams? Florida State is now his (former) Alabama.

This should be an interesting experiment in forgiveness. How long will it take for BP to return to the old arrogant BP that Jurich may have a hard time controlling? 3 years? Less? This should be fun to observe from a distance.
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hog Milanese

Hoggie17

(notOM)Rebel123

January 10, 2014, 05:47:37 am #13 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:10:55 am by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: Hog Milanese on January 09, 2014, 08:59:26 pm
Jeff Long would've fired Pitino, too.

I think you need to research the Pitino incident. Quite different than CBP's.

Jurich said in a statement Tuesday that "coach Pitino has been truthful with us about this matter all along and we stand by him and his family during this process."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4392828

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 09, 2014, 08:00:27 pm
BP will be on a short leash until he gets them to another (formerly) BCS level bowl, but he ain't going to be in no Big East anymore. The ACC may actually present greater challenges for his short term success at Louisville. Defensive minded players may decommit, current defensive players may choose to transfer, or, maybe they all stay? Who knows for sure? We will see.

Offensive skill players may gravitate to Lousiville now that BP is back and he will certainly find and sign good QB's that are capable of withstanding his daily wrath. He'll field a good team at Louisville that generates a ton of offense. Question is, can he win against the more superior teams? Florida State is now his (former) Alabama.

This should be an interesting experiment in forgiveness. How long will it take for BP to return to the old arrogant BP that Jurich may have a hard time controlling? 3 years? Less? This should be fun to observe from a distance.

Another good post on the subject.

EastexHawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 10, 2014, 05:47:37 am

Jurich said in a statement Tuesday that "coach Pitino has been truthful with us about this matter all along and we stand by him and his family during this process."

So Pitino called Jurich as he was zipping his pants?  "Hey, Tom, I just finished nailing a staff member's wife in a restaurant and wanted to keep you informed."

That's the statement of an AD who wants to keep an elite coach because he is keeping his team near the top of the polls.

By the way, if I recall the story correctly Pitino didn't tell anyone what happened until after he paid for her abortion and she started blackmailing him.

EastexHawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 10, 2014, 05:47:37 am

Did you read the dates outlined in the story?

Pitino had sex with the woman in August of 2003.  The case didn't become public until April of 2009 when she tried to extort $10 million out of him.

Yeah, Pitino was up front about it all the way.  It only took him five and a half years to tell anyone about it, and only then because unless he paid her $10 million she was going to go public with what happened, including the abortion.

superior_wang

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2014, 09:01:42 am
So Pitino called Jurich as he was zipping his pants?  "Hey, Tom, I just finished nailing a staff member's wife in a restaurant and wanted to keep you informed."

That's the statement of an AD who wants to keep an elite coach because he is keeping his team near the top of the polls.

By the way, if I recall the story correctly Pitino didn't tell anyone what happened until after he paid for her abortion and she started blackmailing him.

correct. again, if Pitino was a .500 coach.... im sure he wouldve been treated exactly the same  as Pitino the NC winning coach. Yep. Duh.

EastexHawg

Quote from: superior_wang on January 10, 2014, 09:43:50 am

correct. again, if Pitino was a .500 coach.... im sure he wouldve been treated exactly the same  as Pitino the NC winning coach. Yep. Duh.

Too bad Jurich lost his job over retaining Pitino, just as all the people in the know say Long would have lost his if he hadn't fired Petrino.  Dang shame for a man to throw away his career retaining a flawed head coach.

Oh...wait.

Wild Bill Hog

Well, if winning is near the bottom of the measuring stick, then we have the perfect guy as our AD.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2014, 09:01:42 am

She wasn't married to a staff member (strength coach)until several (6) months later. In fact, she didn't know the strength coach when she & Pitino met at his condo a few weeks after the "incident" to discuss her pregnancy.
At least Pitino told the truth when it was exposed, according to Jurich.
Maybe if Bobby had done the same.......

EastexHawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 10, 2014, 10:34:11 am
She wasn't married to a staff member until several months later.
At least Pitino told the truth when it was exposed, according to Jurich.
Maybe if Bobby had done the same.......

We knew all the details of the Petrino affair within a couple of weeks. Pitino came clean after almost six years.  So yeah, I can easily see how much more forthcoming he was.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2014, 10:48:07 am
We knew all the details of the Petrino affair within a couple of weeks. Pitino came clean after almost six years.  So yeah, I can easily see how much more forthcoming he was.

When questioned, Pitino didn't lie to his boss. Bobby did.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

jabberjawls

I hope all you Jeffie lovers are happy with our crappy athletic programs.  I'm not!

EastexHawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 10, 2014, 10:49:53 am
When questioned, Pitino didn't lie to his boss. Bobby did.

Pitino wasn't asked about it by his boss until he had to contact police because her extortion demands...brought to him by her husband, a Louisville staff member...had escalated to $10 million.  That was 68 months after Pitino had the restaurant manager leave the keys to the place after hours and had one of his assistants stand guard while he did his business.

The same husband/staff member had been coming to Pitino for years with smaller demands, and apparently Pitino had been paying.  We know for a fact he paid for her abortion.

So...we had the wife of a staff member...and the staff member himself...extorting money from the head basketball coach.  Check.  Just as in the Petrino case, we had the head coach giving money to his mistress.  Check.  And yet Pitino's case is WAY less egregious because...well, just because.

The spin on this board begins to make one dizzy after awhile.

Pathogen

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2014, 09:49:14 am
just as all the people in the know say Long would have lost his if he hadn't fired Petrino. 
Oh...wait.

Who, of any credibility, said that?  I'll patiently await your response.

Pathogen

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2014, 11:30:34 am
Pitino wasn't asked about it by his boss until he had to contact police because her extortion demands...brought to him by her husband, a Louisville staff member...had escalated to $10 million.  That was 68 months after Pitino had the restaurant manager leave the keys to the place after hours and had one of his assistants stand guard while he did his business.

The same husband/staff member had been coming to Pitino for years with smaller demands, and apparently Pitino had been paying.  We know for a fact he paid for her abortion.

So...we had the wife of a staff member...and the staff member himself...extorting money from the head basketball coach.  Check.  Just as in the Petrino case, we had the head coach giving money to his mistress.  Check.  And yet Pitino's case is WAY less egregious because...well, just because.

The spin on this board begins to make one dizzy after awhile.

You are exceptionally well-versed on men who lie to their bosses and cheat on their wives.

EastexHawg

Quote from: fvillehog on January 10, 2014, 08:13:05 pm
You are exceptionally well-versed on men who lie to their bosses and cheat on their wives.

In other words, I bother to know the facts before I start spouting foolishness I heard or read from the uninformed internet masses.

Pathogen

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 10, 2014, 08:47:29 pm
In other words, I bother to know the facts before I start spouting foolishness I heard or read from the uninformed internet masses.

K.  Knowing the exact, precise details of a coach that bangs his mistress on a restaurant table and citing them to justify a coach that bangs a student that he covertly pays $20K and then lies about it, which causes huge damage to the image of the University, and the recruiting of players and future coaches, is...well...just being informed, right?

BTW, any other philandering, lying, distrustful, slime-bag, power-tripping coaches I should read up on so that I can be "informed?"  I certainly don't want to be ignorant on such topics.  Is there a book that is entitled, "The Top 10 Sleazy, Perverted, Lying, Coaches that Have Sex with Girls Young Enough to be their Daughters that Everyone Should Know About?" that I should read?

EastexHawg

Quote from: fvillehog on January 10, 2014, 09:26:26 pm
K.  Knowing the exact, precise details of a coach that bangs his mistress on a restaurant table and citing them to justify a coach that bangs a student

Dorrell wasn't a student, she was a 25 year old with a masters degree in business administration who had been working at the Razorback Foundation.  Other than that your description is perfectly accurate.

rocknrollcoastie

Hard Rock Nights is on the air in 6 continents, 30 countries, over 100 stations and aired over 150 times a week or you can listen anytime anywhere on mixcloud
http://old.mixcloud.com/hardrocknights/

Hard Rock Nights finding tomorrow's classic rock today...it's what we do

rusvegashog

I imagine had bobby petrino had 5 and a half years he would have came clean. I imagine had petrino not held the press conference so soon after the accident, while he was still looped and most likely drugged, he would still be the Razorback coach, but as it is he did.  On a similar note the AD at Waco is killing it also. They seem to have came out of nowhere

Hog Milanese

Dang, and they get Georgia's DC?

Petrino is already winning up there. And now in the ACC. He doesn't need/have to go anywhere, now, and has an AD that puts winning first. Good for him; bad for us.

Arkansas basketball and football are cursed.

superior_wang

Quote from: rocknrollcoastie on January 12, 2014, 01:09:08 am
He didn't lie to the whole country either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BwPLd8_ACM

wasted rock ranger,, really bad b side cassette single from great white circa idk 1987? awesome! Rock on brah!

Hoggie17

Quote from: Hog Milanese on January 12, 2014, 06:53:00 pm
Dang, and they get Georgia's DC?

Petrino is already winning up there. And now in the ACC. He doesn't need/have to go anywhere, now, and has an AD that puts winning first. Good for him; bad for us.

Arkansas basketball and football are cursed.
Thats the key to winning a NC, you have to have an AD that puts winning first.

pigsooie4life

I don't have anything against Perino. He was a good coach. But if I was in his position, lied to my boss, then the media and the truth came out there is no way I would expect to keep my job. Only a true dumbass would. He publicly embarrassed Jeff Long. If any of y'all did that, how long would you expect to keep your job? Never mind the cheating on his wife. I know I could overlook that as I'm sure just about anyone could. It's the lying that got him fired. The whole situation was messed up. But the hatred some of you display towards Long for it is completely retarded. Speaking as someone that has employees that work under me,  if oneof them lied to me and embarrassed me to my supervisors, I don't give a damn if he has worked there for 30 years and helped establishthe ccompany from the ground up. His ass is fired. That's just how it is.