Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shut up Bill Walton!

Started by HogAllMighty, November 23, 2017, 04:53:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogAllMighty

He's adding nothing but jibberish to the broadcast.

phadedhawg

srsly...that was the most painful first half due to commentary ever

hldstdy

he's set a new world record for the most mentions of volcanoes during  sports broadcast.

HogAllMighty

He's worst than the old Raycom guys.

Dropkick

synthartist69

MrKlem10

Sounds like he is straight off the bottle

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

chanhog1996

I'm glad that he actually knew our players names

hoginla

He's the greatest announcer in the history of the world
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

Hog Pharm

I don't know why they kept going split screen. Do we really need to see the announcers??

lumphog

Garon111

Lard

That's the worst basketball production I've ever seen.  The split screens, the jibberish from Walton its was bad.  However the Hogs were good!
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

phadedhawg

i could probably have handled the inane blabbering and his lists of states, mountains, etc, but when they did split screen during game action so we could watch him list things...that was a bit much

JIHawg

Walton tries to pick arguments with the other announcer.  He's somewhat of a bully.

3kgthog

To sum up how bad it was...

Bill: "Are you a grandfather yet?"

PBP guy: "My kids are 10 and 7."

My ears have yet to stop bleeding.

lynbug

If he is on our telecast team tomorrow I'll have to listen to our broadcasters and silence him.  I think he's either slipping or maybe a little tipsy because anyone connected to sports would know not to spend 80-90% of the game talking about anything BUT the play by play.

Danny J

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 23, 2017, 07:21:02 pm
To sum up how bad it was...

Bill: "Are you a grandfather yet?"

PBP guy: "My kids are 10 and 7."

My ears have yet to stop bleeding.
That was the funniest thing I have ever heard during a game broadcast.

He is a terrible pbp guy but honestly I would understand the game without any pbp so I actually enjoy all the laughs he gives me. I would love to invite Bill, Saban and Schaeffer to dinner one evening and secretly film it. It would go viral and probably top 5 billion views.

lynbug

If he wants to talk about his personal opinions and experiences during timeouts...fine.  During the game please stick to the pbp.  At times I thought the other guy was kind of embarrassed.  JMO.

Hawgphish

But on a positive note, now you know that asheville, NC is a premier bike riding destination...

Potosihog

That broadcast looked like a high school kid presentation when they just discovered all the cool tricks of PowerPoint. Uggg

But so glad we won

JayHog

Terrible broadcast. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for rolling that idiot out there. Meanwhile, people with an actual talent for play-by-play calling sit unemployed. Smh.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hogwildest

He's truly bad at his job, but I thought it was hilarious at the same time.  I'd 100% listen to him ramble over a game between 2 teams I didn't care about, but would hate to have him call an important Hogs game.

Piggie

It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

Dudeman

That was the worst commentated game I've ever watched. They didn't care about the game. They didn't prep for the game.They both acted like they were freakin stoned. I know because I used to smoke it years ago. Walton started talking about solar panels and other teams and all kinds of stuff other than the game for most of the game it seemed. Unacceptable in my opinion.
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

lasthog

People avoid him at parties.

Hawgdrummer7

I just kept waiting for, "Ever seen a grown man man naked?"
Woo Pig Drum

RagingHawgOn

Good gawd the discussion about bikes was insane! Free valet service for bikes blah blah blah. ESPN hit a new low.

gangstaback

"What number state is Oregon in terms of entrance into the union?"

"No city in Arkansas applied for Amazon headquarters."

"Number 10 should come in..."
"He's already in there John! In the black!"

Let's never play on this network again.

Kevin McPherson

I get Bill Walton's schtick, but it's too much. ESPN has not and will not do anything to reel him in or tone it back, it's what you get when that giant hippy does color! The split-screen action was infuriating, though ... arghhh!

King Kong

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Too much split screen tv with him. I was getting pissed each time after a commercial they would split screen with Walton to let him finished his story. NTS, we do not care, give us the full screen of basketball. We are not tuned in to hear Bills old arse stories.

Bogghawg

Quote from: hoginla on November 23, 2017, 06:18:31 pm
He's the greatest announcer in the history of the world
Just ask him...
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Ben Steiger

Roxy was clearly aggravated with him... to the point of disrespect. What a broadcast...
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HogAllMighty on November 23, 2017, 04:53:39 pm
He's adding nothing but jibberish to the broadcast.
You guys must not watch a lot of BB outside hogs, this is standard Walton. I don't care for it but some must.

CabotHog87

"Oklahoma will probably end up winning this game by 10"

"That was a good upset win"