Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bill Walton

Started by deserthog, November 22, 2017, 04:08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deserthog

Heard that Bill Walton is color for our game tomorrow. Get ready for hearing about Grateful Dead, Conference of Champions(PAC 12), and God only knows. I love the guy, but I don't expect that he will know anything about the hogs.

HawgnCorona

...and tie dyed t-shirts.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

HawgHeadCheese

Bill Walton is annoying as heck. Should've got Manny

JayHog

Yeah, Bill Walton's shtick is worn out

hawgball40

I think he's an annoying blowhard honestly. The last game he called i listened to was Ucla vs i believe ASU from either a year or two ago, and he basically trashed ASU the entire game while worshipping lonzo ball and all things UCLA. The other announcer was clearly annoyed and didn't have an oppurtunity to speak much. I'm sure he'll have a lot of hate for Arkansas on friday and spend half the game bloviating about UCLA.

Tusks

can you imaging a conversation between Bill Walton and Mike Leach?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Marshfieldhog

Dude will likely be stoned during the broadcast.

King Kong

ICEman

Quote from: deserthog on November 22, 2017, 04:08:09 pm
Heard that Bill Walton is color for our game tomorrow. Get ready for hearing about Grateful Dead, Conference of Champions(PAC 12), and God only knows. I love the guy, but I don't expect that he will know anything about the hogs.
I don't think he shares the same political leanings as The Beach Boys.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

(notOM)Rebel123

A few years ago Walton called a Hog NIT game from the west coast. During the game, he did a great segment featuring Lance Weir from Walnut Ridge, who is a former Marine & was paralyzed in an accident on Spring River. Bill couldn't have been any more gracious in his tribute to Lance.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rusvegashog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 22, 2017, 05:47:04 pm
I will likely be stoned during the broadcast.

rusvegashog

Didn't Walton do a game of ours a few years back? Seems like I remember him being very respectful of our team and our program.

North hog

Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes....

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 22, 2017, 05:47:04 pm

I think I heard him mention WowWee Maui on the air during one of his rambling recollections. Probably has a medical cannabis card in his wallet, right behind his drivers license.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Philip Seaton

Gawd I hate listening to Bill Walton. Such a distraction to the game.

rwspear

Quote from: Philip Seaton on November 23, 2017, 03:29:06 pm
Gawd I hate listening to Bill Walton. Such a distraction to the game.

he really is the worst

deserthog

I would be surprised if we don't hear several LONG tales of Bill and Phil Knight making historic ventures seeing how Bill was a Portland Trailblazer.

Hoggish1

Quote from: tusked on November 22, 2017, 05:27:02 pm

Would be the most entertaining thing possible.

hawgball40

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 23, 2017, 03:27:46 pm
I think I heard him mention WowWee Maui on the air during one of his rambling recollections. Probably has a medical cannabis card in his wallet, right behind his drivers license.
Yep, i remember that too. Btw though, its "maui wowwee". you had it backwards  ;)

Hogcephus

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 22, 2017, 10:30:50 pm
A few years ago Walton called a Hog NIT game from the west coast. During the game, he did a great segment featuring Lance Weir from Walnut Ridge, who is a former Marine & was paralyzed in an accident on Spring River. Bill couldn't have been any more gracious in his tribute to Lance.

Bill Walton and Lance Weir are very close friends.

hawgball40

That's nice and very appreciated, but ive seen him trash other pac 12 programs  on air in one of his ucla tirades, and i think it was pretty classless.

elksnort

Quote from: tusked on November 22, 2017, 05:27:02 pm
ha! I mentioned this to my wife a few minutes ago

rusvegashog

I had posted i thought he had done a game a few years back. This is what I was trying to recollect. Thumbs up.

hogcods8

Ok this idiot just said George Zidek of UCLA made big nasty play like big sissy in championship game in 1995. I don't remember it that way.

Hogwop

So far Bill has been very complimentary of the Hogs, other than his "Big Sissy" comment.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

devildog

I just wish he would shut up. All he talks about is himself and Portland Oregon.

pigbacon

Not sure, but Walton seems obnoxiously inebriated and play by play analyst seems like he'd like to back hand him and shut him up.

hoglady

He's been extremely positive toward the Hogs - especially Trey, Barford and Macon.
He did his homework and is quite knowledgeable about the Hogs.
I think he's done pretty good.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

phadedhawg

omg...if he would just shut up

Knot2brite

Somehow Darryl Macon ended up being Macon Ga....dude the 70's were a cloud to this cat
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

pfrg999

He is horrible.. Tbey are literally naming states he has relatives... he is just bad...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

phadedhawg

Athog

How is this guy allowed on the telecast?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogcephus on November 23, 2017, 03:58:19 pm
Bill Walton and Lance Weir are very close friends.

Yes. I know. I've known Lance most all of his life.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Ugly Uncle

I think he's been hilarious.
Retired Radio Host

bigred223

Lighten up people, he's pretty funny.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

checkraiser88

The Walton haters out in full force! He says we are playing beautiful! Loves our guards, been a hog love fest so far from him, but that's not enough lol

Rooster Hogburn

He has a very positive outlook. Very refreshing. Love BW!
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

phadedhawg

I'm on the west coast so I haven't been drinking yet.  Maybe that's the difference. 

Hogwop

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 23, 2017, 04:59:02 pm

Quote from: hoglady on November 23, 2017, 04:41:35 pm
He's been extremely positive toward the Hogs - especially Trey, Barford and Macon.
He did his homework and is quite knowledgeable about the Hogs.
I think he's done pretty good.

Agree. He knows what Arkansas is capable of in basketball and seems to respect the program, Nolan and Mike.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

RockyMtnHog

He is slamming Arkansas throughout the game.  He says they want UNC tomorrow, they will get their butts kicked by UNC.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Ironhawg

Really would like the announcers to talk about the GAME!!!

hawgrunner

He needs to shut his mouth!!

BigoBoys

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 23, 2017, 04:59:02 pm

Well it is Oregon. Probably smoked a doobie before the game and at halftime

TNhawgfan

He has a major man crush on Thompson
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

BigoBoys

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 23, 2017, 05:30:55 pm
Well it is Oregon. Probably smoked a doobie before the game and at halftime
This is kind of how I think it would go if I was announcing. 

jdlew

It could be a Saturday Night Live skit..