Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just hang on......

Started by LZH, September 21, 2017, 03:16:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

When Jeff Long got rid of Bobby Petrino, he was five months behind the curve. He hired Smiley because he had to. The more I read, the more I see there are some very Innovative young coaches out there that would kill their neighbor to win. If Bielema pulls off a nine-win season, then I will save this for next year. But I just don't see that happening boys.

I will let you guys argue about who would be the best candidate. But the guy from Memphis and the guy from Virginia Tech both sound pretty good to me.

Next1_04

HamSammich

Lol. Faith in long

I look forward to Cutcliffe or Grobe

Btw grobe turned us down before petrino dripped in his lap.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hogsmo Kramer

September 21, 2017, 03:43:49 pm #4 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 03:58:45 pm by Hogsmo Kramer
I'm very very familiar with the program at Memphis and I'll just say what Fuente did there is nothing short of amazing and Norvell is keeping it rolling himself.

So that said if the season goes the way I fear, I'd be more than happy with one of those guys at the helm to replace BB, and word I've gotten is Norvell would accept.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

ADavisTheGOAT

What's with all the Jim Grobe hype?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

buldozer

Memphis looked very impressive against UCLA. Thats the first memphis game I have seen but they looked good in that game, and the coach was engaged with the players on the sideline rather than staring up into space.....

Redhogs

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 21, 2017, 03:44:36 pm
What's with all the Jim Grobe hype?
You would have to ask Jeffe...he's the one who tried to hire him before CBP fell in his lap. Baylor couldn't run him out of town fast enough after his cluster**** down there last year.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

PorkRinds

This thread is original, for sure.

311Hog

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HamSammich on September 21, 2017, 03:23:15 pm
Lol. Faith in long

I look forward to Cutcliffe or Grobe

Btw grobe turned us down before petrino dripped in his lap.

Maybe the only bigger names that we might could get.

Les Miles
Gene Chizik
Skip Holtz
Matt Campbell

May have to settle though for one of the following.

Willie Fritz
K.C. Keeler
Turner Gill
Rick Stockstill

ricepig

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 21, 2017, 03:20:00 pm
Well that's cool

Led is always cool, doesn't make much sense, but always cool.

jkstock04

I would take Norvell over Bret Bielema in a half second. Norvell would coach circles around Bielema looks to me like.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

nwahogfan1

I will let this season play out but my best guess is 5 wins this year but even then with CBB having a $8 Million buy out I just do not see him getting fired after this year.   Maybe after next but not this year. 

Thoughts on the buy out????

jkstock04

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 22, 2017, 08:24:02 am
I will let this season play out but my best guess is 5 wins this year but even then with CBB having a $8 Million buy out I just do not see him getting fired after this year.   Maybe after next but not this year. 

Thoughts on the buy out????
My thoughts are I'm starting to wonder how we can easily afford 100s of millions in renovation to the stadium but can't afford an 11 million dollar buyout.

Also it's occurred to me the reason the homers say we stay in the SEC is because "we are getting rich." Well, if we are so rich why can't we buyout the coach? If "we are so rich" this coaching buyout stuff shouldn't be such a big deal.

Whatever the buyout is...if lost revenue is obviously going to cost us more, what then?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Piggfoot

I don't know the book keeping but I suspect there are several accounts. I believe the Athletic department and the UofA are rich from the SEC but the Foundation would be the account putting up the buy out and that comes from donations.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Fan1958

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 22, 2017, 08:37:50 am
My thoughts are I'm starting to wonder how we can easily afford 100s of millions in renovation to the stadium but can't afford an 11 million dollar buyout.

Also it's occurred to me the reason the homers say we stay in the SEC is because "we are getting rich." Well, if we are so rich why can't we buyout the coach? If "we are so rich" this coaching buyout stuff shouldn't be such a big deal.

Whatever the buyout is...if lost revenue is obviously going to cost us more, what then?

Exactly.  In addition, each SEC school received over $40M in conference sharing revenue during the 2015-2016 fiscal year.  Prolly will get that much during the current fiscal year.  The money is there for the buyout.  Just if the university is willing to spend it.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

311Hog

yeah i mean why wouldn't the University jump at the chance to set 15 million dollars on fire because that is what it would be like.

15 million for a building ? sure  15 million just so a coach will go away a year sooner than he might otherwise? umm naw not so much.

Hoggie17

Quote from: 311Hog on September 22, 2017, 10:27:41 am
yeah i mean why wouldn't the University jump at the chance to set 15 million dollars on fire because that is what it would be like.

15 million for a building ? sure  15 million just so a coach will go away a year sooner than he might otherwise? mum nae not so much.
I like the guy from Purdue.

311Hog

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Fan1958 on September 22, 2017, 09:45:37 am
Exactly.  In addition, each SEC school received over $40M in conference sharing revenue during the 2015-2016 fiscal year.  Prolly will get that much during the current fiscal year.  The money is there for the buyout.  Just if the university is willing to spend it.

We have to completely design a red copy of the Cowboys uniform so that we can wear them in one game we are the underdogs for. That's gotta cost us.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

jkstock04

Quote from: 311Hog on September 22, 2017, 10:27:41 am

15 million for a building ? sure  15 million just so a coach will go away a year sooner than he might otherwise? umm naw not so much.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 22, 2017, 10:36:05 am
I like the guy from Purdue.
Ditto. Wanna see a team play with attitude watch Purdue play. They take on the personality of their coach. You can tell they want to win. Should be an interesting match up tomorrow they have Michigan at home.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: LZH on September 21, 2017, 03:16:59 pm
When Jeff Long got rid of Bobby Petrino, he was five months behind the curve. He hired Smiley because he had to. The more I read, the more I see there are some very Innovative young coaches out there that would kill their neighbor to win. If Bielema pulls off a nine-win season, then I will save this for next year. But I just don't see that happening boys.

I will let you guys argue about who would be the best candidate. But the guy from Memphis and the guy from Virginia Tech both sound pretty good to me.

Out on a limb maybe, but I think the odds may be higher that we get a new AD before we get a new HC.  And for a lot of reasons, some rumored, some more solid.  Such as restoring a winning attitude in the football program.  Just MOO.

I always believed Petrino couldn't spell defense.  I doubt the Memphis HC knows defense starts with the letter D.  Unless his defense knowledge greatly improves, he couldn't hold any SEC offense under 60 points.  Well, maybe Arkansas offense with BB coaching.  We couldn't score 60 against a stiff breeze and the Memphis defense couldn't slow down a stiff breeze.

I would really consider Brohm but because I haven't taken a coaching change serious at all, I haven't researched anyone enough to have a real solid opinion.
Anyway, except for fun, our opinions don't matter.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 22, 2017, 11:11:10 am
Ditto. Wanna see a team play with attitude watch Purdue play. They take on the personality of their coach. You can tell they want to win. Should be an interesting match up tomorrow they have Michigan at home.
That's definitely a game I'll be keeping an eye on tomorrow. If Purdue knocks off Michigan, look for his demand to skyrocket.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 22, 2017, 09:32:59 am
I don't know the book keeping but I suspect there are several accounts. I believe the Athletic department and the UofA are rich from the SEC but the Foundation would be the account putting up the buy out and that comes from donations.

Long: "Jerry, how about it? 15M$ is a lot of money to almost everyone, but honestly, you must use that much simply lining your waste paper baskets "

Jerry:  "lets see after the A&M game.  If they lose, I'll fund whatever it takes to hire Saban, whatever it takes, so long as he's in a natty game within 2 years".  (A lucid dream of mine)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Wildhog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 12:53:43 pm
Long: "Jerry, how about it? 15M$ is a lot of money to almost everyone, but honestly, you must use that much simply lining your waste paper baskets "

Jerry:  "lets see after the A&M game.  If they lose, I'll fund whatever it takes to hire Saban, whatever it takes, so long as he's in a natty game within 2 years".  (A lucid dream of mine)

I'd be surprised if Jerry contributed one cent to the buyout.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 22, 2017, 12:58:02 pm

Heck Jerry and CBB are friends.  I could see him going there to coach as an assistant or as an analyst after he leaves here.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Wildhog on September 22, 2017, 12:58:02 pm

Uhhhhh...... you missed "a lucid dream of mine" part of the post... :)

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 12:58:56 pm
Heck Jerry and CBB are friends.  I could see him going there to coach as an assistant or as an analyst after he leaves here.

Jerry & Jimmy were also friends at one time (even before Jimmy won Jerry two Super Bowl trophies)

PorkRinds

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 01:02:09 pm
Jerry & Jimmy were also friends at one time (even before Jimmy won Jerry two Super Bowl trophies)

What's your point? Not being rude, just not sure.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 01:46:50 pm
What's your point? Not being rude, just not sure.

You said "Jerry & CBB are friends " as if that was a magical formula.  I was merely pointing out the failing of your post....   surprised you failed to comprehend......

PorkRinds

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 01:51:30 pm
You said "Jerry & CBB are friends " as if that was a magical formula.  I was merely pointing out the failing of your post....   surprised you failed to comprehend......

Still struggling.

longpig

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 22, 2017, 01:51:30 pm

Jerry and Coach Bielema aren't friends, they're acquaintances. If and when Jerry and the Foundation's number crunchers say it's time, he gone.
Don't be scared, be smart.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: longpig on September 22, 2017, 02:04:00 pm
Jerry and Coach Bielema aren't friends, they're acquaintances. If and win Jerry and the Foundations number crunchers say it's time, he gone.

Exactly what I was saying.   Thank you ....

PorkRinds

Quote from: longpig on September 22, 2017, 02:04:00 pm
Jerry and Coach Bielema aren't friends, they're acquaintances. If and when Jerry and the Foundation's number crunchers say it's time, he gone.

I've heard Jerry and CBB both discuss their friendship.  They're not just acquaintances.

Swestwill66

Well, if Jerry is gonna pay for it he should pick the next coach.

Dang ! No.....wait a minute....maybe not

DLUXHOG

September 22, 2017, 02:31:46 pm #41 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:03:55 pm by DLUXHOG
Quote from: Swestwill66 on September 22, 2017, 02:28:35 pm
Well, if Jerry is gonna pay for it he should pick the next coach.

Dang ! No.....wait a minute....maybe not

I heard a rumor Jerry's kicking the idea around with Barry.... and.... that Barry is good so long as he gets to keep Jen....

sowmonella

I don't believe Jerry is even a major player in the foundation. This thread is like yesterdays Whaley got decapitated by Marshall thread.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

DLUXHOG

Quote from: sowmonella on September 22, 2017, 02:33:41 pm
I don't believe Jerry is even a major player in the foundation. This thread is like yesterdays Whaley got decapitated by Marshall thread.

You think that the wealthiest alumni (by astronomical light year proportions) and former Razorback player on the only NC team ever at Arkansas isn't a major player in the foundation?   Okay...

al_pigcino

I guess I like proven more than up and coming.  I'd kill to have Miles or Richt here.  Give me a guy who averages double digit wins a year any day over someone who had one or two good seasons in the MAC. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 22, 2017, 02:37:40 pm
I guess I like proven more than up and coming.  I'd kill to have Miles or Richt here.  Give me a guy who averages double digit wins a year any day over someone who had one or two good seasons in the MAC.

Richt? Not a chance. Miles? You may need some crazy pills.

Wildhog

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 22, 2017, 02:37:40 pm

Miles would be worse than Bielema.

I want someone with a proven ability to win at a program with similar disadvantages as Arkansas.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TM Hog

I don't understand all the Les Miles love.  I would prefer a younger coach. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 22, 2017, 03:00:50 pm
Miles would be worse than Bielema.

I want someone with a proven ability to win at a program with similar disadvantages as Arkansas.

Like who? Just wondering what you had in mind.

PorkRinds

Quote from: TM Hog on September 22, 2017, 03:01:18 pm
I don't understand all the Les Miles love.  I would prefer a younger coach.

Well, that and he's a a bumbling idiot.