Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrino Lovers

Started by soooieman, September 18, 2017, 11:28:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

Go on guys, let it out, have a good cry. He's gone. It's OK come sit on my lap and cry on my shoulder if need be. I'm here for you.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hogfanincajunland on September 21, 2017, 09:32:58 am
Hatfield vs. Petrino last three years at Arkansas

Hatfield = 29-8

Petrino = 29-10

Yes, obviously Hatfield had a better run. Give me a break.  ??? :P
29-8 > 29-10 Just tired of people inflating (making up things) about BPs record here. He did do a great job while here but there have been other coaches that have done better. Not trying to take anything away from BP just keeping the record straight.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 21, 2017, 10:10:58 am
Go on guys, let it out, have a good cry. He's gone. It's OK come sit on my lap and cry on my shoulder if need be. I'm here for you.

Look no further than this lost right here as to how things are now perceived at the UofA. This man just invited grown men to sit on his lap and cry.....

Wow

PRJ

hawgon

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 21, 2017, 10:27:54 am
29-8 > 29-10 Just tired of people inflating (making up things) about BPs record here. He did do a great job while here but there have been other coaches that have done better. Not trying to take anything away from BP just keeping the record straight.

Got it.  So the last days of the SWC and our winning there are to be downplayed when we seek to cite our historical stature in college football as evidence that Bert is underperforming because everyone knows that the old SWC was in no way as good as the SEC, and therefore, we are to be happy in our mediocrity.  UNLESS, of course, one seeks to extol the virtues of one Robert Petrino as our coach by showing us his record in said modern SEC whereupon it is acceptable to show that Ken Hatfield was a better coach because of his record in the old SWC.

Does that sound about right?

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgon on September 21, 2017, 10:33:56 am
Got it.  So the last days of the SWC and our winning there are to be downplayed when we seek to cite our historical stature in college football as evidence that Bert is underperforming because everyone knows that the old SWC was in no way as good as the SEC, and therefore, we are to be happy in our mediocrity.  UNLESS, of course, one seeks to extol the virtues of one Robert Petrino as our coach by showing us his record in said modern SEC whereupon it is acceptable to show that Ken Hatfield was a better coach because of his record in the old SWC.

Yeah that sounds pretty typical.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Gonzo

Hell, someone wake me up the next time the Hogs have another 29-anything three year run so we can put a lot of this to rest.

Go Hogs!

GuvHog

Hatfield never had a team finish anywhere near the top 5 when he was at Arkansas. You're fighting a losing battle. The 2011 Hogs #5 final ranking was the highest the Hogs have finished a season since Lou Holtz's 1977 Hogs won the Orange Bowl over Oklahoma and finished #3 in the nation.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Next1_04

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 21, 2017, 10:33:00 am
Look no further than this lost right here as to how things are now perceived at the UofA. This man just invited grown men to sit on his lap and cry.....

Wow

PRJ

Bloody shame isn't it? Sadly I think some on here would take me up on it.

IronHog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 21, 2017, 07:51:14 am
With a one dimensional QB who couldn't throw.
You know what Arkansas would have been that year with a healthy Knile Davis?

You run what you brung.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Redhogs

#1...yes you are. #2...looks pretty damn good compared to what's going on here now....since you like to make comparisons.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

jkstock04

Quote from: hawgon on September 21, 2017, 10:33:56 am

Pure gold.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 20, 2017, 10:53:40 pm
Might want to check your facts there big guy, Hatfield wasn't fired, he quit to take the Clemson job.

Funny it took this long.
[CENSORED]!

sooieman, you brought up a subject that stirred up the tribe.  Good Job.

Petrino excited the fans for many reasons.  Here is a list of the ones I remember
1.  Fire in his Belly, refusing to be denied
2.  Refusing to roll over and Quit
3.  You had no doubt he realized that was his team standing near him on the sideline on game day and he didn't shun them
4.   He coached in the best conference with marginal recruits and won.
5.   He played a brand of ball many wished to play and watch
6.   He played and won for a reasonable price.
7.   I don't remember him making excuses for failure.
8.   He scared the big boys of the conference thinking he might win
9.   The conference was stronger than you believe when he won.
10. He appeared into the game even on gameday.
11. He had a wife, a girlfriend and still was able to find time to coach
12. He didn't throw his players under the bus
13. He taught details to the players, gave them a chance on the field
14. He didn't allow the players to screw off.  They knew better.
15. You had a sense that he would personally fight a bear with a rotten stick
16. In a win or a loss, the fan believed they got their moneys worth
17, In my time, he may be the best college football play caller, period

And there were the negative things you can use to sweeten your one sided thread.

1.  He didn't give enough attention to defense and never will in my opinion
2.  The girlfriend got him in real trouble
3.  He had and has a bad reputation and its deserved
4.  He does have let down times where he loses games he shouldn't.  Seems to happen too often for me to put him as top 5 coach

ALL SAID, PERTINO IS IN MY TOP 10 COLLEGE COACHES AND #1 WITH THE OFFENSE SCHEME AND PLAY CALLING

I think you shouldn't have started this thread but you did and its drawn posters.  It has actually made Petrino look good, not bad, as you intended.

moses_007

I did notice in recent interviews with Petrino that he seems much more personable than he did at Arkansas.  His personality here was very "blah."  Maybe he's a helluva lot happier at Louisville than he was here.

Know why Petrino is the durn good coach that he is in one short sentence.  Here

HE REFUSES TO BE DENIED WITH EGO

IronHog

Quote from: moses_007 on September 22, 2017, 02:22:23 pm
I did notice in recent interviews with Petrino that he seems much more personable than he did at Arkansas.  His personality here was very "blah."  Maybe he's a helluva lot happier at Louisville than he was here.

He's trying to be nice Bobby.

Really isn't working for him.  He's got a bad football team with a off the charts QB.

IronHog

Quote from: 12247 on September 22, 2017, 02:18:00 pm
sooieman, you brought up a subject that stirred up the tribe.  Good Job.

Petrino excited the fans for many reasons.  Here is a list of the ones I remember
1.  Fire in his Belly, refusing to be denied
2.  Refusing to roll over and Quit
3.  You had no doubt he realized that was his team standing near him on the sideline on game day and he didn't shun them
4.   He coached in the best conference with marginal recruits and won.
5.   He played a brand of ball many wished to play and watch
6.   He played and won for a reasonable price.
7.   I don't remember him making excuses for failure.
8.   He scared the big boys of the conference thinking he might win
9.   The conference was stronger than you believe when he won.
10. He appeared into the game even on gameday.
11. He had a wife, a girlfriend and still was able to find time to coach
12. He didn't throw his players under the bus
13. He taught details to the players, gave them a chance on the field
14. He didn't allow the players to screw off.  They knew better.
15. You had a sense that he would personally fight a bear with a rotten stick
16. In a win or a loss, the fan believed they got their moneys worth
17, In my time, he may be the best college football play caller, period

And there were the negative things you can use to sweeten your one sided thread.

1.  He didn't give enough attention to defense and never will in my opinion
2.  The girlfriend got him in real trouble
3.  He had and has a bad reputation and its deserved
4.  He does have let down times where he loses games he shouldn't.  Seems to happen too often for me to put him as top 5 coach

ALL SAID, PERTINO IS IN MY TOP 10 COLLEGE COACHES AND #1 WITH THE OFFENSE SCHEME AND PLAY CALLING

I think you shouldn't have started this thread but you did and its drawn posters.  It has actually made Petrino look good, not bad, as you intended.

In BPs last 26 games his teams gave up over 28 points only 5 times......

His defense was OK.

root_hawg

Bobby Petrino is in your top 10 coaches of all time?!?  You must be like 19 years old