Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finebaum looks like Rachel Maddow on election night....

Started by hobhog, January 09, 2017, 11:06:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Had to switch over after Clemson scored to SECN. He might cry.....

Pigsknuckles

Officials doing everything they can to slow down Clemson.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: hobhog on January 09, 2017, 11:06:36 pm

nah, no one can look like the madcow.

NuttinItUp

Sed76

His show tomorrow will be nothing but Alabama fans like Phyllis screaming that Alabama got the short end of the officiating. Every day for the next 9 months the topic will be is the Saban dynasty over.

forrest city joe

I love it. the look on Finebaum  face is priceless. i freaking love it!GO HOGS.

clutch

Quote from: Sed76 on January 09, 2017, 11:33:53 pm
His show tomorrow will be nothing but Alabama fans like Phyllis screaming that Alabama got the short end of the officiating. Every day for the next 9 months the topic will be is the Saban dynasty over.

The callers right now aren't blaming the refs. They are calling in talking about how bad Hurts sucks, how the pass defense has been horrible for 3 years, how Saban isn't close to as good as Bear Bryant, how everyone could see that there needed to be changes on the defense except Saban, etc. It's insane and hilarious.

pigture perfect

Saban just mumbling because I still don't think he understands how he lost.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hobhog

Quote from: clutch on January 09, 2017, 11:38:21 pm
The callers right now aren't blaming the refs. They are calling in talking about how bad Hurts sucks, how the pass defense has been horrible for 3 years, how Saban isn't close to as good as Bear Bryant, how everyone could see that there needed to be changes on the defense except Saban, etc. It's insane and hilarious.

Fans are crazy. We are not alone.

Maybe Saban gets pissed and retires.....

LRHawg

The much inflated Bama D was gassed bad in the fourth. What happened to all that depth I keep hearing about?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hobhog on January 09, 2017, 11:54:15 pm
Fans are crazy. We are not alone.

Maybe Saban gets pissed and retires.....

If he gets pissed, he will not retire...

hobhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 09, 2017, 11:58:54 pm

Probably right. He will just yell at reporters and tell them to shut up. No questions allowed next year.

clutch

Quote from: LRHawg on January 09, 2017, 11:54:46 pm
The much inflated Bama D was gassed bad in the fourth. What happened to all that depth I keep hearing about?

Bama's D wasn't near as deep this year as they were last year. They were better, but not deeper. Especially up front. last year they rotated 8 guys. This year they had 4. I don't think the defense was inflated. What they did all season long was remarkable. They were just dragging because the offense couldn't get a first down to save their life in the 2nd half.

lasthog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 09, 2017, 11:08:26 pm

If Arkansas receivers blocked downfield on a pass play against Bama, as Clemson's did, a flag would've been thrown every time.

Of course, Bama's DB's get by with murder.

Just saying, it didn't appear to me that the officiating was one-sided. I thought the dude with the biceps kept everything together.

Just one man's opinion though.

hobhog

Clemson looked great tonight and was better team. Impressive.

clutch

Quote from: lasthog on January 10, 2017, 12:02:41 am
If Arkansas receivers blocked downfield on a pass play against Bama, as Clemson's did, a flag would've been thrown every time.

Just saying, it didn't appear to me that the officiating was one-sided. I thought the dude with the biceps kept everything together.

I thought the officiating was very fair. My only complaint was that they let the game drag on entirely too long. Way too many pointless reviews.

mckinneyhog5

I think FSU got called for PI using the same play in a championship game a few years ago.

After checking they actually got away with it much like Clemson did tonight. FSU beat ND using the pick play in 2014.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

hobhog

Hope they make Finebaum ask the first question at pressor.....

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: clutch on January 10, 2017, 12:05:45 am
I thought the officiating was very fair. My only complaint was that they let the game drag on entirely too long. Way too many pointless reviews.

That was my point. They would let Clemson get up to the line and a review would be called destroying Clemsons momentum.

Hawghiggs

Big Boi

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 10, 2017, 12:09:42 am

I think FSU got called for PI using the same play in a championship game a few years ago.

After checking they actually got away with it much like Clemson did tonight. FSU beat ND using the pick play in 2014.
No. ND ran the play, got flagged and lost.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: LRHawg on January 09, 2017, 11:54:46 pm

Too many 3 and outs.  Nick says the D needs to be on the sideline 4 minutes between series'.  Hurts couldn't complete a pass longer than 7 yards.  He's great at being mobile.  Not so much in the passing game.  He is just a freshman though.

MultipleScoreGasms

Do you remember what conference the officiating crew was from?

ricepig

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Redhogs

Quote from: hobhog on January 09, 2017, 11:06:36 pm
Thread title of the week.  :) :)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogcard1964

Quote from: Sed76 on January 09, 2017, 11:33:53 pm

They did get shafted on two picks.

...but oh well.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 10, 2017, 08:11:30 am

...but oh well.
There were calls both ways, including missed calls for targeting by Bama and pass interference by Bama.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogimusMaximus

Dirty

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 10, 2017, 08:11:30 am

...but oh well.

💩! Alabama gets away with more 💩 than any other program!

I'm 😊 they lost!

hog of steele

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 09, 2017, 11:08:26 pm

except call those picks on Clemson WR's. I didn't feel the officiating was bias or awful but if anybody has a beef its Bama. In his postgame interview, Clemson's QB even said the play depended on the WR's getting the picks.

gmarv

Quote from: Dirty on January 10, 2017, 04:46:54 pm
💩! Alabama gets away with more 💩 than any other program!

I'm 😊 they lost!
you and me both i,m getting out the worlds smallest fiddle.

I thought the refs missed several plays both ways.  But the 2 pick plays ended up 2 TDs.  I believe that is what made them stand out so bad.  I also believe that PI penalty very late in the game against BAMA was uncalled for.  Refs let BAMA ride the WRs all night only to call a light touch play late when it might have been the difference.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hog of steele on January 10, 2017, 04:50:58 pm
except call those picks on Clemson WR's. I didn't feel the officiating was bias or awful but if anybody has a beef its Bama. In his postgame interview, Clemson's QB even said the play depended on the WR's getting the picks.

Nobody made the Bama defenders engage those receivers. They took themselves out of the play. Clemson simply worked Bamas aggressive DB play to their advantage.

code red

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 09, 2017, 11:58:54 pm
He will be back there next year....that's why he will not retire.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HotlantaHog

jbcarol