Started by ballz2thewall, November 09, 2017, 09:49:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Ex-Trumpet

P/L's are great...keep up the good work!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hawgon

Is he in with them, or sitting outside cooling his heels like we just saw in that pic linked in another thread?

Drop the Mike

Hogsanity and razorbackers are sweating bullets!

HogFoo

Yeah, my buddy just told me he gone. So we'll see. Well actually he said it about 25mins ago, I just saw the text. So, we'll see what gonna happen. I'm sure JL trying to throw whoever he can under the bus as this point.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hogsanity

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 09, 2017, 09:51:39 am
Hogsanity and razorbackers are sweating bullets!

Actually I am quite comfortable.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HogFoo on November 09, 2017, 09:52:38 am
Yeah, my buddy just told me he gone. So we'll see. Well actually he said it about 25mins ago, I just saw the text. So, we'll see what gonna happen. I'm sure JL trying to throw whoever he can under the bus as this point.

Who's your buddy?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

WilsonHog

This could be a very interesting day.

hawgon

You know it's got to be galling to Jeffricus Augustus Long to be summoned before the Roman Sen...er BOT before God and everybody for interrogation like a mere peon.

jgphillips3

Tejano Jawg

I was going to ask someone to define "executive session"...but that will probably be explained as the day goes on.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Tusks

Why does it have to come to this.  why can't the athletic department, president and BOT all pull in the same direction?

This is no better than the GOBN days.  Why can't winning be important.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hog_Swanson

I love threads like this.  They just keep me on the edge of my seat.  Will they?  Won't they?  Oh my....
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: tusked on November 09, 2017, 09:59:15 am
Why does it have to come to this.  why can't the athletic department, president and BOT all pull in the same direction?

This is no better than the GOBN days.  Why can't winning be important.
How do you know they aren't all pulling in the same direction?  Because Jeff Long, the university president, and BOT members don't get on Hogville and complain like the rest of us?

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 09, 2017, 09:58:43 am
I was going to ask someone to define "executive session"...but that will probably be explained as the day goes on.

in this context it means that there is an "employee" issue being brought to the board. the issue can be anything. discussion of employee issues can be held in private, called "executive session".

this description is broad, but covers most cases.
The rest of the frog.

hogsanity

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 09, 2017, 09:58:43 am

It was defined in another thread, as was the fact that the BOT has no direct say in athletics. Basically they go into executive session to talk about anything they do not want to do publicly. Most reports have JL there to talk about the expansion project. Now, what indirect power the BOT has, that is up for debate.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tusks

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 09, 2017, 10:00:54 am
How do you know they aren't all pulling in the same direction?  Because Jeff Long, the university president, and BOT members don't get on Hogville and complain like the rest of us?

Because its PAINFULLY obvious that the program is losing at a historic rate.  The proof is what you see on the field, in the stands and in the record book.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: tusked on November 09, 2017, 10:03:07 am
Because its PAINFULLY obvious that the program is losing at a historic rate.  The proof is what you see on the field, in the stands and in the record book.
Actually, from 1990-1997, the Almighty Frank oversaw the historic rate you refer.  Carry on.

5 of the 8 seasons with a losing record.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

hawg1221

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on November 09, 2017, 09:59:53 am
I love threads like this.  They just keep me on the edge of my seat.  Will they?  Won't they?  Oh my....

I do too! Even if most of what's said isn't true, it's exciting!

Wildhog

Last few weeks of the season.  Things should start getting interesting soon. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogFoo

Well Jeff says we aren't a win at all costs school. Yet that report came out yesterday wasn't it and then we were at the bottom was it in academic grad etc. So we aren't even that now. So what are we?  That last homecoming game was probably the smallest crowd since, wow, I can't even recall.  I think even the worst crowds during Ford's era were better than that on homecoming.  So, fans have spoken loud and clear.   Heck, I had heard Jeff was in jeopardy since aTm game after a convo he had with one of our more highly publicized fans/ex hog.  Heard he was pretty much done at that point.  Then Long basically let's it out about the buyout not being so big in an effort to try to save his job.  He was told to shut up as well on Twitter and that's why he's not been on.  Cuz he used to be all over on Twitter. Then it stopped. Well there's your reason cuz he was told too.  Anyways. That's some of what I've heard.  We'll see what's about to happen. I just look forward to winning again, and my personal vote for next coach is Norvell. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

rhames

Quote from: Wildhog on November 09, 2017, 10:06:51 am
Last few weeks of the season.  Things should start getting interesting soon. 

Hopefully almost free from Bret.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: tusked on November 09, 2017, 10:03:07 am
But why do you say they aren't all on the same page in correcting those issues?  The only thing they could do would be 1) fire Bielema now. 2) start making inflammatory public statements about Bielema.  Both of those things are stupid.

Hawginj

Quote from: HogFoo on November 09, 2017, 10:08:37 am
Well Jeff says we aren't a win at all costs school. Yet that report came out yesterday wasn't it and then we were at the bottom was it in academic grad etc. So we aren't even that now. So what are we?  That last homecoming game was probably the smallest crowd since, wow, I can't even recall.  I think even the worst crowds during Ford's era were better than that on homecoming.  So, fans have spoken loud and clear.   Heck, I had heard Jeff was in jeopardy since aTm game after a convo he had with one of our more highly publicized fans/ex hog.  Heard he was pretty much done at that point.  Then Long basically let's it out about the buyout not being so big in an effort to try to save his job.  He was told to shut up as well on Twitter and that's why he's not been on.  Cuz he used to be all over on Twitter. Then it stopped. Well there's your reason cuz he was told too.  Anyways. That's some of what I've heard.  We'll see what's about to happen. I just look forward to winning again, and my personal vote for next coach is Norvell.
from your lips to whoever is doing the hiring ears!

Pathological

If Long is fired or contract not renewed or whatever...if Long is out...whether right or wrong...whether you agree or disagree with decision...the national media is going to rake UA over the coals like never before.  Whether you think this is a good decision or bad, this will be a dark dark day for UA if Long is let go.

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 09, 2017, 10:00:27 am
Don't forget ricepig.

Lol, not me, unlike you, I don't get hung up on AD's and coaches, that's somebody else's department to choose.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Pathological on November 09, 2017, 10:15:28 am
If Long is fired or contract not renewed or whatever...if Long is out...whether right or wrong...whether you agree or disagree with decision...the national media is going to rake UA over the coals like never before.  Whether you think this is a good decision or bad, this will be a dark dark day for UA if Long is let go.

No it won't. He'll b exposed for the fraud that he is.

Wildhog

Honestly, I don't think it'll be that big of a deal.  AD's at mid-tier schools don't really move the needle, from a national perspective.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgon

Not if the story is about numbers fudging related to the stadium expansion.

Marshfieldhog

No way, media doesn't give a crap about AD's. Can you even name 5 of them? I can't.

rhames

what's the worst thing about prison, prison Mike?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Razorbackers

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 09:53:25 am

Actually I am quite comfortable.

Yeah, I don't know why I would be sweating bullets.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 10:02:48 am
It was defined in another thread, as was the fact that the BOT has no direct say in athletics. Basically they go into executive session to talk about anything they do not want to do publicly. Most reports have JL there to talk about the expansion project. Now, what indirect power the BOT has, that is up for debate.

If is done like a school board, then it is only to be used for the discussion about and with personnel. Any vote that takes place would have to be done in open session, and no member is allowed to speak of what was discussed in executive session.

They can certainly get their point across without anything being voted on, but it takes an actual open session vote to have a motion passed.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 10:17:39 am
Well, this is Scott Varady's version to Brantley.

"The Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium renovation and expansion project is on schedule, and no renovations to the existing suites are planned until after the end of the 2017 football season as has been communicated to suite holders. Those renovations were always scheduled to begin after the conclusion of the 2017 home football schedule and nothing has changed.

As I am sure you have heard, we are planning to share information with existing suite holders regarding the specific renovations and upgrades for each suite. As soon as we receive the final construction and other applicable information, we will communicate with the suite holders. We hope to receive that information soon.

As for the overall Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium renovation and expansion project, I can share the following information with you.

We have gift agreements for all 32 suites in the North End Zone.

In total, all 38 new suites in the project have gift commitments.

Out of 70 new Loge Boxes in the North End Zone, we have gift commitments for 63 out of 70 Loge Boxes — thus leaving seven (7) available Loge Boxes at this time.

With credit to our generous Razorback Foundation members and fans, we have raised $41.223 million towards the renovation and expansion project to date. Given that, we have the resources to assist the Athletic Department in meeting all financial obligations towards the project. "

snoblind

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 10:17:39 am

Looks like someone else heard what I've heard.

Tusks

What to hell is going on with the board today?  Do you guys get paid by JL or are you the same guy with multiple logins.

Wildhog

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 09, 2017, 10:18:01 am
Yeah, I don't know why I would be sweating bullets.

Because your carpet baggin' buddy is about to get the axe.

Did I do that right? 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 10:21:17 am

The Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium renovation and expansion project is on schedule, and no renovations to the existing suites are planned until after the end of the 2017 football season as has been communicated to suite holders. Those renovations were always scheduled to begin after the conclusion of the 2017 home football schedule and nothing has changed.

As I am sure you have heard, we are planning to share information with existing suite holders regarding the specific renovations and upgrades for each suite. As soon as we receive the final construction and other applicable information, we will communicate with the suite holders. We hope to receive that information soon.

As for the overall Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium renovation and expansion project, I can share the following information with you.

Out of 70 new Loge Boxes in the North End Zone, we have gift commitments for 63 out of 70 Loge Boxes — thus leaving seven (7) available Loge Boxes at this time.

With credit to our generous Razorback Foundation members and fans, we have raised $41.223 million towards the renovation and expansion project to date. Given that, we have the resources to assist the Athletic Department in meeting all financial obligations towards the project.

You do know that they have to back fill the seats these fans vacated. I doubt they were in the cheap sections. More involved than selling the new seats

WoooPigBrewie

The Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium renovation and expansion project is on schedule, and no renovations to the existing suites are planned until after the end of the 2017 football season as has been communicated to suite holders. Those renovations were always scheduled to begin after the conclusion of the 2017 home football schedule and nothing has changed.

With credit to our generous Razorback Foundation members and fans, we have raised $41.223 million towards the renovation and expansion project to date. Given that, we have the resources to assist the Athletic Department in meeting all financial obligations towards the project.
IT IS ALL A LIE!

All Glory unto the Almighty Frank.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Hogarusa

Would barely be a blip on the national radar. The story would be that the end of Bielema at Arkansas is now guaranteed and soon
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: tusked on November 09, 2017, 10:23:28 am
What to hell is going on with the board today?  Do you guys get paid by JL or are you the same guy with multiple logins.
Nope.

Just have an opposing, educated view on the situation.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Tusks

wow just wow.

EastexHawg

ricepig

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 09, 2017, 10:23:39 am
You do know that they have to back fill the seats these fans vacated. I doubt they were in the cheap sections. More involved than selling the new seats

Hmm.....$1500-$4300/yr vs $85-$850, seems like a good trade to me.

Tusks

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 10:24:47 am
Nope.

Just have an opposing, educated, view on the situation.

so you're the same guy since there's such limited education on the board.

The NewEra

It's been pretty dark from my perspective for a few years now.

HoggyCat

"The Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium renovation and expansion project is on schedule, and no renovations to the existing suites are planned until after the end of the 2017 football season as has been communicated to suite holders. Those renovations were always scheduled to begin after the conclusion of the 2017 home football schedule and nothing has changed.

With credit to our generous Razorback Foundation members and fans, we have raised $41.223 million towards the renovation and expansion project to date. Given that, we have the resources to assist the Athletic Department in meeting all financial obligations towards the project. "

What's the date on this? That's the number fudging mentioned. It's actually more like 7 suites are committed.