Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oregon st.

Started by bigpigpimpin, August 26, 2017, 10:28:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Oh my goodness. Talk about wrecking your season before you even get started. A 31 point loss to Colorado state??? Ouch.

bennyl08

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 26, 2017, 10:28:27 pm
Oh my goodness. Talk about wrecking your season before you even get started. A 31 point loss to Colorado state??? Ouch.

Well, speaking from experience here, first, it's Oregon State you're talking about. They lost to E. Wash with Mannion at qb, Storm Woods at RB, and Brandon Cooks at wideout. Colorado State is a big step up in terms of talent from EWU.

Hogs should be favored when we play them, but they've got some NFL talent on their roster. Think of some of the La-Tech and Tusla games but a bit better.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

NuttinItUp

Well, I mean, it is Oregon State. They were pretty terrible (4-8) last year.

bennyl08

Quote from: NuttinItUp on August 26, 2017, 10:45:11 pm
Well, I mean, it is Oregon State. They were pretty terrible (4-8) last year.

Still beat the ducks. And in this town, any year that happens is a good year, even if the final record is 1-11.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hogwild

Makes your think why did Gary Anderson, leave Wisconsin for Oregon State?

Anderson was 19-7 (13-3) while at Madison.
Prior to leaving Wisconsin, he had won 30 games (11,9,10) in his previous seasons.
With the Beavers he is 6-19 (3-15)

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogwild on August 27, 2017, 12:02:16 am
Makes your think why did Gary Anderson, leave Wisconsin for Oregon State?

Anderson was 19-7 (13-3) while at Madison.
Prior to leaving Wisconsin, he had won 30 games (11,9,10) in his previous seasons.
With the Beavers he is 6-19 (3-15)

Barry Alvarez.

One of the same reasons our head coach left.
This is my non-signature signature.

bennyl08

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on August 27, 2017, 12:38:54 am
Barry Alvarez.

One of the same reasons our head coach left.

Yep.

I just wish we weren't paying Anderson as much as we are. Riley was essentially a steal at his salary here.

Besides, as much money as the ducks being in from athletics, beaver still make more money with way better research. Seems silly to spend 3 mil plus especially for such a poor product.

GuvHog

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 26, 2017, 10:40:58 pm
Well, speaking from experience here, first, it's Oregon State you're talking about. They lost to E. Wash with Mannion at qb, Storm Woods at RB, and Brandon Cooks at wideout. Colorado State is a big step up in terms of talent from EWU.

Hogs should be favored when we play them, but they've got some NFL talent on their roster. Think of some of the La-Tech and Tusla games but a bit better.

I believe Colorado State was celebrating the opening of their new stadium so Oregon State walked into a hornet nest or in this case, a "Ram" stampede.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!