Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notre Dame will vacate 21 wins from the '12, '13 seasons; NCAA denies appeal

Started by jbcarol, February 14, 2018, 06:01:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

QuoteNotre Dame's football program earned its 900th all-time victory on Sept. 30 with a 52-17 home win over Miami (Ohio).

If the Irish win their next 15 games, they can get back to No. 900 ... by the beginning of the 2019 season.

Notre Dame's appeal of an NCAA decision to vacate all 21 victories from the 2012 and 2013 seasons has been denied by the NCAA Division I Infractions Appeals Committee, the NCAA announced on Tuesday.

"We are deeply disappointed by and strongly disagree with the denial of the University's appeal ..." Notre Dame president Fr. John Jenkins wrote in a letter responding to the NCAA's decision. "Our concerns go beyond the particulars of our case and the record of two football seasons to the academic autonomy of our institutions, the integrity of college athletics and the ability of the NCAA to achieve its fundamental purpose."

Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly and athletics director Jack Swarbrick declined to comment further on the university's denied appeal.

The NCAA's decision, which was originally announced in Nov. 2016, came as a response to news that a former ND student athletic trainer violated NCAA ethical conduct rules when she committed academic misconduct for two football players and provided six other football players with impermissible academic extra benefits. One additional Irish football player committed academic misconduct on his own.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

holeinthewall

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?