Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dorian Gerald is a Hog!

Started by RockyMtnHog, February 09, 2018, 05:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

Agim, Capps, Guirdy and Gerald is a solid starting 4

HogFoo

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 09, 2018, 07:29:39 pm
Agim needs to be back on the edge where he belongs.
i believe that that will be the plan. Drop Agim down a few pounds and put him on one edge and gerald on the other edge.  thatll be a monster combo!  getting out top CB back, and the true frosh we played last year and adding the ones we'll get this year into the rotation.. work with them and get them to be able to do man coverage.  wow.  talk about immediate improvement.  collpasing the pocket around the QB, making him run and make quick decisions and then having our LBs finish them off..  and who knows, Pool, Parker may be in the rotation.  that'll be  harris, dre, pool, parker, all sec caliber with speed..  and morgan, who played with a lot of heart.. hopefully he put some weight on and got stronger.  he played well last season tho.   that was an excellent video by Gerald tho.  that kid is 'special'  Looks like Chavis was the main reason. Of course when ya have a DC who has probably put more DL guys into the NFL than all of the other DCs in the SEC combined, that definitely helps!  I think a lot will eat crow that they ever doubted Chavis!  i think Chavis will also be anxious to prove he still has a fire burning and something to show everyone!  Good combo for us and him!   So excited for our future!   let's keep it going!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

HoopS

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 09, 2018, 05:51:48 pm
Well word is Florida pulled offer. But we still beat TAM if that is true
convenient but I was being told a couple weeks ago he was ours — well before Florida filled up.

Nosboar Accubond

Is there a video of his commitment?

TexHog188

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 05:49:04 pm

Chavis - "Hey DG"
DG - "What?"
Chavis - "QB has a 🍪 in his pocket"
DG - "Cookie, ummmm COOKIES!!!!!!  Booom!
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jackflash

best group of defensive prospect to come to Arkansas in the same class

zane

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 09, 2018, 07:52:50 pm

That's some beef right there
RIP LSUfan

ricepig

Quote from: HoopS on February 09, 2018, 09:19:39 pm
convenient but I was being told a couple weeks ago he was ours — well before Florida filled up.

Before he even visited, cool.

theFlyingHog

ICEman

Very impressed with the players signed on the defensive side of the ball.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

AirWarren

RaisinHog

I got one question .. with him and agim both being strong side DE .. do you think they will play together ? Maybe move around on 3rd down?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RaisinHog on February 10, 2018, 10:22:50 am
I got one question .. with him and agim both being strong side DE .. do you think they will play together ? Maybe move around on 3rd down?

They will play together. Watch Gerald's film he is unbelievably fast.

Think of Flowers and Bequette when they played for Caldwell

This is about as close as I ever get to a WET MY PANTS MOMENT.  These type efforts are what I see as the largest difference in Bret and Chad.  This refuse to be denied method sometimes pays off.  Is this the answer to our first NC.  Well, hell know, it isn't.  Is this one more little stick of wood put on the fire to hopefully keep us from being frozen out of anything above 7th in the West SEC.  Hell yes, it is.  We are developing a band, member by member, who maybe can play their instruments to a level where band director, Chavis, won't be totally ashamed to be seen with on Saturdays.

We are so blessed as fans.  It reminds me of going to the hospital to see a close relative, who has barely escaped dying for days on end, finally starting to get over the horrible illness that has tried to take them away.  I can see hope for their future.  I can see possibilities.  Maybe they will never run again but they are almost surely going to walk true and sturdy.  One step at a time folks, one step.  This is a pretty good definition of NEVER YEILD, and not just loose talk.

Thank you so much, Mr. Gerald.

RaisinHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 10, 2018, 10:34:58 am
They will play together. Watch Gerald's film he is unbelievably fast.

Think of Flowers and Bequette when they played for Caldwell

Oh I do like that thougght

farmhawg

Quote from: jackflash on February 10, 2018, 06:54:53 am
best group of defensive prospect to come to Arkansas in the same class
Yep, big difference in Bert's three stars and these players.i posted it a while back, it's the offer lists that is the difference. These guys were wanted by lots of sec teams. Bert's rarely were wanted by the sec, big difference.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HognitiveDissonance

Excellent late pickup.

Stars do matter, because they're usually right, but even more important in determining the quality of a recruit, to me, is looking at who else offered him.

So, going strictly by that, Gerald is a great signing. The offer list is all I need to know.

Snout team

The more I read about this guy the more I get excited about his being a hog.  He seems very mature and focused. 

Grown man ready to go to war
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

moses_007

ESPN rates Gerald a 4*.  I'd like to think he's a 5.

HogNTX

I could not be more impressed with this guy and I've only seen one play. This is the type of guy you want in your program. He's not talking himself up and putting others down. He's attributing his success to his coaches, teammates, and hard work. He's well spoken, confident enough to sign on Friday so his family could be involved, and very business like when he needs to be. I want this guy to be as big a success in the SEC as he was in JUCO without a doubt.

colbs

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 09, 2018, 07:52:50 pm
Smith, Taylor, Watts, and Marshall the second unit.  Really need another DE, maybe Bell will move back to DE.

swinesation

IMO, neither Gerald nor Agim are WDE. I think both will be SDE, maybe play together with one at tackle on obvious passing downs. Starting WDE could be Jamario Bell or, more likely, Randy Ramsey.

HoopS

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2018, 08:10:49 am
Before he even visited, cool.
I don't remember the exact date but I was being told he was ours before Florida filled up. I don't really care if you believe it or not.

King Kong

Quote from: swinesation on February 10, 2018, 06:40:04 pm
IMO, neither Gerald nor Agim are WDE. I think both will be SDE, maybe play together with one at tackle on obvious passing downs. Starting WDE could be Jamario Bell or, more likely, Randy Ramsey.

Dorian Gerald is just as fast off the edge as Bell and Ramsey at 260.

Snout team

Help me understand the difference between SDE and WDE.  I know what the letters stand  for.  I don't understand the necessary strengths of each position. 

Is it a speed or angle difference?
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: #hammerdown on February 11, 2018, 09:05:44 am
Help me understand the difference between SDE and WDE.  I know what the letters stand  for.  I don't understand the necessary strengths of each position. 

Is it a speed or angle difference?

strong side... normally bigger and run stoppers.. usually on the tight end side
weak side.. very athletic.. hold the edge... get after the qb

Snout team

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 11, 2018, 09:25:58 am
strong side... normally bigger and run stoppers.. usually on the tight end side
weak side.. very athletic.. hold the edge... get after the qb

Thanks +1

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: JIHawg on February 09, 2018, 05:21:04 pm
Morris and Chavis beat Florida and TAM for this one.  Imagine him on one end, Agim on the other.
was just about to post the same thought.  Agim and Gerald--bookend DE's.  Maybe we can actually get to the QB in 2018 and help out our Defensive Backfield.    Its hard to cover receivers for 5,6,7 seconds.   

Great get by CCM and staff.

GuvHog

More than likely, Randy Ramsey will start at one of the OLB spots.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MemphisBossHog

well, then maybe not the "bookend DEs" I envisioned, but still will be good to have both of them.  Now "Chief" can figure out how to use both of them on the field at the same time.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: GuvHog on February 11, 2018, 09:52:53 am
More than likely, Randy Ramsey will start at one of the OLB spots.
good point.  Ramsey is a good looking player.  Had forgotten about him. 

SamBuckhart

Welcome Mr. Dorian Gerald.  Wooo Pig Soooie!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!