Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JT Barrett

Started by LRRandy, December 30, 2017, 07:32:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

Am having this conversation on other boards and wanted to get opinion from the perspective of fans from another conference. I'm fully prepared for suckeye, thug u, don't care kind of comments. Just wondered if any college football fans cared to weigh in.

JT Barrett just finished his career with the most yards in B1G history. He lead the team to many wins. He was also the reason the offense bogged down a few times when on a big stage. His running ability and knack for getting clutch yards I feel is Urban's crutch. Everybody knows to look for QB run when its third or fourth and short. His running was minimized and ineffective  when playing against teams that had comparable athletes. I told my sons last night that it is an odd feeling to have witnessed the career of the statistically greatest QB in B1G history but to be glad that his time is over.
This is fun, isn't it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Let me guess, Tosu's heir apparent is much better?  I know that's what we'd claim here.

Anywho, we might have killed to have a Barrett type talent in Fayetteville.  Of course, he would have been misused by BB, if he played at all.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

LRRandy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 30, 2017, 07:53:54 pm
Let me guess, Tosu's heir apparent is much better?  I know that's what we'd claim here.

Anywho, we might have killed to have a Barrett type talent in Fayetteville.  Of course, he would have been misused by BB, if he played at all.
different, would doubt better. That's the thing. As much as Barrett brought (athleticism, leadership, toughness) a lot of fans feel that he held the offense back against top teams.
This is fun, isn't it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LRRandy on December 30, 2017, 09:56:15 pm
different, would doubt better. That's the thing. As much as Barrett brought (athleticism, leadership, toughness) a lot of fans feel that he held the offense back against top teams.

Which is why Bama lost the NCG last year and will fall short again this year.  Unreliable QB play against Playoff caliber competition.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Buff

By all accounts he was a great leader in the film-rooms/offseason activities as well as on the field.  Don't recall ever seeing him give less than 100% on any play.  Just.....not particularly good at standard quarterbacking stuff.  Unreliable passer when needed to be.  Like someone mentioned, tOSU has been in the same boat as Bama - loaded with talent everywhere, but hamstrung by spotty QB play when the ball has to go downfield. 

Imagine if Cardale Jones had spent the 2015 preseason practicing as the #1 QB, and been able to prepare to be the starter for that season, and possibly the next.  With some coaching, and his natural passing ability.......scary.  Urban's odd loyalty to JT may have cost the Buckeyes at least one more title game. 

Then again, I wish our down years involved Cotton Bowls.