Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Cooks leads after 54

Started by Dominicanhog, November 18, 2017, 03:35:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominicanhog

2 rookie hogs trying for the win.. Andrew Landry in 5th and Austin with a 3 shot lead heading into the final round...  A top 5 finish goes a long way in securing your card.. and to get it this early in the season.... Hogs looks strong on the PGA this season...

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 18, 2017, 03:35:32 pm
2 rookie hogs trying for the win.. Andrew Landry in 5th and Austin with a 3 shot lead heading into the final round...  A top 5 finish goes a long way in securing your card.. and to get it this early in the season.... Hogs looks strong on the PGA this season...

I caught a little bit of yesterday's coverage and today's. I kept hearing a high pitched scream yesterday, today they said Billy and Tina were there. I said yesterday that had to be her yelling after made putts.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 03:39:25 pm
I caught a little bit of yesterday's coverage and today's. I kept hearing a high pitched scream yesterday, today they said Billy and Tina were there. I said yesterday that had to be her yelling after made putts.

He looks really good.. they mentioned he played at Jonesboro CC..... His mental approach looks solid, we'll see how it holds up without any sleep.. had not gotten to see much of him on TV in the last year...fun to watch some Hogs on tour..wps

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 18, 2017, 05:12:10 pm
He looks really good.. they mentioned he played at Jonesboro CC..... His mental approach looks solid, we'll see how it holds up without any sleep.. had not gotten to see much of him on TV in the last year...fun to watch some Hogs on tour..wps

Yeah, he lists Ridgepointe CC as his home course, and that's where his parents live, but he takes lessons at JCC and that's the home course for the JHS Hurricanes. He's scheduled for a reception at JCC on Tuesday night to celebrate getting his card, maybe it will be for something even better!

Dominicanhog

November 19, 2017, 03:06:12 pm #4 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:33:18 pm by Dominicanhog
Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 08:09:49 pm
Yeah, he lists Ridgepointe CC as his home course, and that's where his parents live, but he takes lessons at JCC and that's the home course for the JHS Hurricanes. He's scheduled for a reception at JCC on Tuesday night to celebrate getting his card, maybe it will be for something even better!

Wow...looks like the celebration is for having his card the next 2+ years..

gotta throw Andrew some love 3rd.. with Lingmerth 17th the Hogs are well represented....

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 19, 2017, 03:06:12 pm
Wow...looks like the celebration is for having his card the next 2+ years..

gotta throw Andrew some love 3rd.. with Lingmerth 17th the Hogs are well represented....

Yep, as they said, the party will start tonight. Hogs showed up well this weekend.

HognitiveDissonance

Watched the last 11 holes today.

Great play by Cook, very solid ball-striking all day, and 3 of 4 birdies to close.

Nice support by his family, and the other former Hogs stuck around to watch at the end.

Lots of airtime from Golf Channel, too.

East TN HAWG

Another Hog to cheer on the tour.  Its very difficult to win on the PGA tour.  Austin pulled away from field on Sunday which is a great sign.  He is in all the major events now. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 20, 2017, 08:35:00 am
Another Hog to cheer on the tour.  Its very difficult to win on the PGA tour.  Austin pulled away from field on Sunday which is a great sign.  He is in all the major events now.

US Open? British?  he may have status by then because of money or points, but I'm not sure he got in those yet, I could be wrong though..

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 20, 2017, 10:23:40 am
US Open? British?  he may have status by then because of money or points, but I'm not sure he got in those yet, I could be wrong though..

Correct, he doesn't have an automatic entry into those. He'll have to be ranked accordingly.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 01:32:21 pm
Correct, he doesn't have an automatic entry into those. He'll have to be ranked accordingly.
Thanks for clarifying.

Its so tough.  Ollie and Lance have been on tour over a year now.  Ollie was number one amateur, and he has not sniffed a victory.  They had a few top 10's, but could not close.  For Austin to do that so soon is remarkable. 

widespreadsooie

Played on the high school golf team with Austin for three years. Always told myself I wouldn't be surprised to see him in this position one day but here I am shocked as ever. Pretty surreal and very proud of him.

ricepig

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 20, 2017, 02:03:47 pm
Played on the high school golf team with Austin for three years. Always told myself I wouldn't be surprised to see him in this position one day but here I am shocked as ever. Pretty surreal and very proud of him.

I wonder how many Master's badges players get, lol??? Great person, I thought after his previous tour showings that he could get a win if he could just make the tour. He had a bitter pill after the way the final Web.com event was cut short in 2016 but stayed committed.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2017, 02:26:53 pm
I wonder how many Master's badges players get, lol??? Great person, I thought after his previous tour showings that he could get a win if he could just make the tour. He had a bitter pill after the way the final Web.com event was cut short in 2016 but stayed committed.

I remember once we were at practice on the range at JCC. Lee had the team practicing one particular thing but he noticed Austin was practicing something else. When he questioned Austin about it, Austin told him he didn't need to work on that, his time could be better used. Lee said okay, fair enough. Lee then pointed out a tree sitting between 9 fairway and the range and told Austin hit it. It was probably around 150 yards out. Austin couldn't have nailed the trunk any more square. Lee was slightly less stunned than everyone else but tells Austin to use his time as he see fits from here on out.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 20, 2017, 02:37:52 pm
I remember once we were at practice on the range at JCC. Lee had the team practicing one particular thing but he noticed Austin was practicing something else. When he questioned Austin about it, Austin told him he didn't need to work on that, his time could be better used. Lee said okay, fair enough. Lee then pointed out a tree sitting between 9 fairway and the range and told Austin hit it. It was probably around 150 yards out. Austin couldn't have nailed the trunk any more square. Lee was slightly less stunned than everyone else but tells Austin to use his time as he see fits from here on out.

Love the stories. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 20, 2017, 02:37:52 pm

Austin then turned to Lee and said, "Goonga, la goonga."
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 20, 2017, 01:57:21 pm
Thanks for clarifying.

Its so tough.  Ollie and Lance have been on tour over a year now.  Ollie was number one amateur, and he has not sniffed a victory.  They had a few top 10's, but could not close.  For Austin to do that so soon is remarkable.

I think he get's one this year.. he's the real deal, just needs some time..