Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If CBB had any integrity he would quit right now

Started by Piggie Smalls, November 15, 2017, 08:44:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggie Smalls

Bielema is a dead man walking, and I think he should have Jeff Long's back the same way he had his. The writing's on the hall, and CBB should resign now and give an interim coach a shot- however unlikely- to audition for the head coaching job himself. Plus, why drag this out? Bielema has to know he's a goner, and that his former AD sticking by him as much as he did had a lot to do with his dismissal. If I got someone fired I would do the honorable thing and follow him right out the door- IMMEDIATELY.

247Hog

Cool with me. Someone get him on the phone ASAP!
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hog of steele

A man of integrity doesn't leave 5 million of his family's dollars on the table because he is personally uncomfortable. Coach 12 more days get fired and put away the money he negotiated for.

If the U wants to fire him, Nolan Richardson knows what they can do. Pay him his money.

smb

Quote from: Piggie Smalls on November 15, 2017, 08:44:10 pm
Bielema is a dead man walking, and I think he should have Jeff Long's back the same way he had his. The writing's on the hall, and CBB should resign now and give an interim coach a shot- however unlikely- to audition for the head coaching job himself. Plus, why drag this out? Bielema has to know he's a goner, and that his former AD sticking by him as much as he did had a lot to do with his dismissal. If I got someone fired I would do the honorable thing and follow him right out the door- IMMEDIATELY.
Dilly! Dilly!
GeorgiaHOG

1highhog

Quote from: Piggie Smalls on November 15, 2017, 08:44:10 pm

Baloney, there's not one coach on this team that I'd ever want even as an interim coach, BB can coach his last two games if you can call what he does coaching, and then let him be.  He knows that he is gone.

ronmahony

Shoot, BB probably went to them after the firing telling them,"man I am glad you fired him, he held me back, he is the reason I lost so many games, I can win you some games now!" That is what that man of integrity would do!
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Inhogswetrust

Integrity stops at the bank's door. He has no incentive to quit. Integrity is also a two way street in contractual situations.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Potosihog

Would BB resigning forfeit the buyout for his assistants ?

JaketheSnake

That's what men of integrity do... they quit in the middle of a job. 

davglo35

They should put a pic of Bielema beside the term "Lame Duck" in the dictionary.
There is No job in America where a man can be so incompetent and a complete failure and still become a muti-millionaire other than a College  Football Coach. Riding on the coat tails of others.

Mellon Collie

At this point, he knows what's up.  I'm sure he's holding on to cash out, as he will be out of the lucrative coaching contract business very shortly.  Yukking it up in Bristol with fellow washouts awaits.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 15, 2017, 08:46:27 pm
He too Uncommon to man up and do that!

Then 99.99% of us are Uncommon. You as well I'd bet.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 16, 2017, 06:29:43 am
That's what men of integrity do... they quit in the middle of a job. 

BB quit at the beginning of this job.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dropkick

Quitting on the kids he recruited would show integrity?

SquidBilly

Bielema has more than just the fan base to worry about.  He has the coaches he hired and brought here and and the support staff as well.  More importantly everyone on the team now was recruited by him.  No way would it show integrity to quit on any of them.  He knows what's coming, we all do, but to question integrity because he's not willing to abandon ship is wrong.  I'd question his integrity if he did.