Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFL board

Started by Cinco de Hogo, October 24, 2017, 05:38:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Not much traffic there these days but I ask a question on that board some might want to discuss as it would relate to Arkansas players drafted this year(if any).

And yes I'm boycotting, actually did last year too.  I've known what was coming for awhile now.

factchecker

Ragnow for sure.

K-Rich will be picked up by some team..... but probably not drafted.

I think David Williams might get a shot as well but not drafted.

Here are all of our seniors:

8   Austin Allen   QB   Sr   6-1   215   Fayetteville, Ark.   Fayetteville HS
20   De'Andre Coley   DB   Sr   6-1   211   Miami, Fla.   Northwestern HS
1   Jared Cornelius   WR   Sr   5-11   212   Shreveport, La.   Evangel Christian Academy
49   Robert Decker   LS   Sr   5-11   253   Greenwich, Conn.   Greenwich HS / UConn
35   Dwayne Eugene Jr.   LB   Sr   6-1   240   Marrero, La.   Archbishop Rummel HS
78   Bijhon Jackson   DL   Sr   6-1   339   El Dorado, Ark.   El Dorado HS
28   Josh Liddell   DB   Sr   6-1   211   Pine Bluff, Ark.   Dollarway Senior HS
31   Connor McPherson   RB   Sr   5-7   192   The Woodlands, Texas   The Woodlands College Park HS
72   Frank Ragnow   OL   Sr   6-5   317   Victoria, Minn.   Chanhassen HS
76   Paul Ramirez   OL   Sr   6-5   308   Rialto, Calif.   Rialto HS / San Bernardino Valley CC (Calif.)
50   Jake Raulerson   OL   Sr   6-4   313   Celina, Texas   Celina HS / Texas
30   Kevin Richardson II   DB   Sr   5-11   185   Jacksonville, Ark.   Jacksonville HS
96   Karl Roesler   LB   Sr   6-1   252   Louisville, Ky.   Saint Xavier HS
5   Henre' Toliver   DB   Sr   6-1   185   Marrero, La.   Archbishop Rummel HS
33   David Williams   RB   Sr   6-1   229   Philadelphia, Pa.   Imhotep Institute Charter HS / South Carolina
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: factchecker on October 24, 2017, 05:43:16 pm
Ragnow for sure.

1   Jared Cornelius   WR   Sr   5-11   212   Shreveport, La.   Evangel Christian Academy
49   Robert Decker   LS   Sr   5-11   253   Greenwich, Conn.   Greenwich HS / UConn
35   Dwayne Eugene Jr.   LB   Sr   6-1   240   Marrero, La.   Archbishop Rummel HS
28   Josh Liddell   DB   Sr   6-1   211   Pine Bluff, Ark.   Dollarway Senior HS
31   Connor McPherson   RB   Sr   5-7   192   The Woodlands, Texas   The Woodlands College Park HS
76   Paul Ramirez   OL   Sr   6-5   308   Rialto, Calif.   Rialto HS / San Bernardino Valley CC (Calif.)
30   Kevin Richardson II   DB   Sr   5-11   185   Jacksonville, Ark.   Jacksonville HS
33   David Williams   RB   Sr   6-1   229   Philadelphia, Pa.   Imhotep Institute Charter HS / South Carolina

My question was, do you think the protest and boycott will affect the dollar value of new draftees?

davglo35

We've got police officers that don't know if they'll ever see their family again when they leave for work. Patriots in the middle east risking their lives for America and Americans every day and night
Some get killed or maimed  and leave all their dreams on the battlefield and we have these entitled, spoiled overpaid knuckleheads playing a game every weekend and dont appreciate how blessed they are. Can't even respect the National Anthem and the country that allows them to live the kind of life Kings and Queens live.
No thanks to the nfl. I will not watch it, keep up with it or give a rat's a**  about it.
The real heros are the ones in Blue and Camo that sacrifice their lives so these stains on America can make millions and play a game.

factchecker

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 24, 2017, 05:53:10 pm
My question was, do you think the protest and boycott will affect the dollar value of new draftees?

Sorry for not answering your question.

I'm not wading into politics.  If ya'll want to discuss that then go ahead.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: factchecker on October 24, 2017, 05:43:16 pm
Ragnow for sure.

I bet Henre Tolliver gets drafted.  He's been really good. 

But woof.   How did the media miss THIS particular list headed into the season? 

phadedhawg

Ragnow is the only chance at getting drafted and with his injury he's going to slide down pretty far on the draft board. 

Some of the others will get invited to camps but I doubt any more will be drafted.  But I don't know how this draft class is shaping up.  If it's a deep draft then I stick with what I said, if it's shallow in some positions, a razorback or two might sneak into the 6th or 7th rounds. 

longpig

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on October 24, 2017, 06:06:30 pm

I bet Henre Tolliver gets drafted.  He's been really good. 

But woof.   How did the media miss THIS particular list headed into the season?

Won't be surprised if S. Ramirez grades well and leaves early.
Don't be scared, be smart.

thebignasty

Quote from: longpig on October 24, 2017, 07:20:08 pm
Won't be surprised if S. Ramirez grades well and leaves early.

lol I will be

Porkchop#1

Wmhog

Quote from: davglo35 on October 24, 2017, 05:55:03 pm
We've got police officers that don't know if they'll ever see their family again when they leave for work. Patriots in the middle east risking their lives for America and Americans every day and night
Some get killed or maimed  and leave all their dreams on the battlefield and we have these entitled, spoiled overpaid knuckleheads playing a game every weekend and dont appreciate how blessed they are. Can't even respect the National Anthem and the country that allows them to live the kind of life Kings and Queens live.
No thanks to the nfl. I will not watch it, keep up with it or give a rat's a**  about it.
The real heros are the ones in Blue and Camo that sacrifice their lives so these stains on America can make millions and play a game.

I hear you Brother.  Well Said

clutch

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 24, 2017, 07:09:22 pm
Ragnow is the only chance at getting drafted and with his injury he's going to slide down pretty far on the draft board. 

Some of the others will get invited to camps but I doubt any more will be drafted.  But I don't know how this draft class is shaping up.  If it's a deep draft then I stick with what I said, if it's shallow in some positions, a razorback or two might sneak into the 6th or 7th rounds. 

I thought Ragnow just had a high ankle sprain and they shut him down to protect his future. If that's all the injury is then he won't lose much, if any, draft value.

cal34

Quote from: davglo35 on October 24, 2017, 05:55:03 pm

Well said!

jgphillips3

Quote from: clutch on October 24, 2017, 08:51:54 pm
I thought Ragnow just had a high ankle sprain and they shut him down to protect his future. If that's all the injury is then he won't lose much, if any, draft value.

This is what "Fan On The Hill" said in another thread:

"Frank has a high ankle injury requiring surgery to correct the problem.  Most likely a syndesmosis membrane injury.  There is a fibrous band between the tibia and fibula called the syndesmosis membrane.  It is stretched in a high ankle sprain.  If it tears, every time you put weight on your foot, the tibia and fibula slide down and split over the Talus bone which acts as the pivot point any the base of the ankle for your foot. Basically, he top of your foot gets swallowed up by your lower leg.  You can reinforce and stabilize the two bones by putting screws across both bones to strut them together while the membrane scars in.  If you pass on surgery, you're not weight bearing for about 3 months.  My son suffered this same injury during the 7A playoffs in 2014. It is a long recovery process."

hogman64

The only jr or sr on this team that I can think of who has more than a 10% chance to play a down in the NFL is Ragnow....

Bonehog

Will they take a knee?  NFL is dead to me!
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

devildoghawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 24, 2017, 07:09:22 pm

Ragnow will probably be a first round pick regardless of injury.  Early 2nd at the latest.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Cinco de Hogo

Again my question that I actually posted in the NFL Broad was,

Do ya'll think these protest and the boycott will cost this years draftees some money in their contracts?

Seems if the league is losing viewers, the money will go down all around.