Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Win at all cost

Started by lilRockNDubb, October 17, 2017, 12:04:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 17, 2017, 12:52:10 pm
This whole "covering up rape" thing is just silly.  He should stop posting crap like this and be suspended just like I was for saying a quarterback was 113 in the country out of 128 teams in interceptions or a RB who only gained 300 yards in a season is nothing to cheer about.  I don't agree with you often, but this we agree on.  The mods need to suspend him for this inflammatory rhetoric!

Waaaaa...ask her and her daddy how they feel about it.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: gchamblee on October 17, 2017, 12:52:15 pm
lol. Do you have a link to anything substantiating your accusation that we cheated to land Alex Collins? The character assassinations on this board are out of control.

No he doesn't and never will because there isn't any. But you can ask Collins' mom why exactly was it Miami she persisted he go to..
but I'm just a messenger.

hogsanity

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 17, 2017, 02:15:08 pm
I don't have to because if it were true, why didn't her daddy plant his feet and DEMAND action?  I don't have daughters but you best believe if I did and she gave me the impression that she was raped, I don't care if it was Emmett Smith, I would be demanding JUSTICE to this very day!  If it happened, provide a link!  If you can't provide a link with the accusation and how the case turned out, it has no place on this board!  It is distasteful, demeaning, and slanderous and has no place on ANY message board!  Where are the MODs????!!!!!!

Watching the click counter spin?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgon

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 17, 2017, 02:15:08 pm
I don't have to because if it were true, why didn't her daddy plant his feet and DEMAND action?  I don't have daughters but you best believe if I did and she gave me the impression that she was raped, I don't care if it was Emmett Smith, I would be demanding JUSTICE to this very day!  If it happened, provide a link!  If you can't provide a link with the accusation and how the case turned out, it has no place on this board!  It is distasteful, demeaning, and slanderous and has no place on ANY message board!  Where are the MODs????!!!!!!

You are such a tiddy baby.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on October 17, 2017, 02:19:44 pm
You are such a tiddy baby.

Says the guy make rape accusations a claiming a cover up, both of which are serious criminal offense, yet has not bothered to go to the authorities with his evidence. Wait, wouldn't that also be a crime? To withhold evidence of a felony.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgon

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2017, 02:22:14 pm
Says the guy make rape accusations a claiming a cover up, both of which are serious criminal offense, yet has not bothered to go to the authorities with his evidence. Wait, wouldn't that also be a crime? To withhold evidence of a felony.

I've not made rape accusations, those were made in 2009.  As to your legal opinion, it is wrong as is most everything else you post.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on October 17, 2017, 02:24:10 pm
I've not made rape accusations, those were made in 2009.  As to your legal opinion, it is wrong as is most everything else you post.

So you have no proof. Thanks for admitting it.

hawgon

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2017, 02:25:02 pm
So you have no proof. Thanks for admitting it.

Except a girl and her father.  Ask him his opinion of Pastor Long. 

Vantage 8 dude

I'm not one who's going to support the idea of "winning at all cost". However, I am going to totally back the idea that WHATEVER we spend in the way of coaching salaries, recruiting expenses, etc. that we're getting a solid return on our investment. Clearly NOT what we're currently receiving.

hawgon

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 17, 2017, 02:29:52 pm
Well that insult is easy to resolve....  we can any time you choose....  Slandering someone is not a laughing matter to me.  It may be to you but all that does is shed light on your character and morales.  I don't waste my time with back woods idiots whether they are adults or children and right now I can't tell which one you are.  SOOOOOOO, bye FELICIA!!!!!!

Well, I'm not the one who will fire a coach for getting a little on the side, but let a kid who tweets, "I'm gettin it at workouts like a dude who doesn't understand the word no from a drunk girl. lol" stay on the team with just a few games suspension.

This in the midst of a rape investigation and allegation against his teammates.

DeltaBoy

If we ever cheated to win we need our money back cause we just can't seem to get over the Hump.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 17, 2017, 02:42:42 pm
If we ever cheated to win we need our money back cause we just can't seem to get over the Hump.

Here is the thing with cheating, if everyone is doing it, as some here will assert, then you have to be able to out cheat Bama etc, so you are right back in the same boat as trying to out recruit them, we do not have the base to do that either.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: hawgon on October 17, 2017, 02:27:31 pm
Except a girl and her father.  Ask him his opinion of Pastor Long. 

Do they think JL is in charge of UAPD, or Fayetteville PD? If they didn't file a report with either of these, they weren't looking very hard for justice.

There are numerous cases every year on many a college campus, where somebody has regrets about last night after they find out how many people know, but if I knew a coed that was actually raped Jeff Long could not possibly prevent me from filing charges or taking care of it myself.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

hogsanity

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 17, 2017, 02:44:26 pm
I was a semi-pro baseball coach in Northern California that not only competed but kicked some ass with a roster of junior college players going up against some of the very best Division 1 talent in the nation.  My best player never even played college baseball and led the  Pacific Coast League in home runs each and every year he played.  My team played with shear will and determination and NEVER GAVE UP!   It can be done with the right attitude and the "by God we will not lose, mentality)   In 1992 my team came within a game of the Semi-pro World Series if not for injuries and players going back to school .   So don't give me any of your darn about talent.....coaching can overcome a lot.   I did it with a mean streak a mile long and holding my players accountable BUT when we won, it WAS THE TEAM.  When we lost....I FAILED to do my job.     My players appreciated it. 

MMM, hmmm, yea, cause semi-pro ball in 1992 is the same as d1 college football. Lots of guys in the PCL never played college ball.

So basically you are saying the right coach could take the roster at Ball State and beat Bama, Ga, and Ohio state? Just because the coach and players want it more?

hawgon

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 17, 2017, 02:44:15 pm

Do they think JL is in charge of UAPD, or Fayetteville PD? If they didn't file a report with either of these, they weren't looking very hard for justice.

There are numerous cases every year on many a college campus, where somebody has regrets about last night after they find out how many people know, but if I knew a coed that was actually raped Jeff Long could not possibly prevent me from filing charges or taking care of it myself.

I don't know.  Forget it.  But you're crazy if you think athletes don't have a different set of rules.