Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some fall Softball news

Started by psycHOGlogist, October 12, 2017, 11:42:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

We've played 3 games so far this fall, a single game versus Missouri Southern last week, and a double header this week vs Butler College. An earlier match last week vs Crowder College was rained out. (It's pretty typcial to open the fall season with games against area JUCOs and lower division teams.)

We beat Missouri Southern 20-1. About what we should have, I'd say.

Against Butler, which is a pretty good JUCO, we split. We won the first game 13-0. In the second, we fell behind early (down 5-0 after 2) but came back to make it close, losing 5-4. Sophomore Caroline Hedgcock and Fr Mary Haff pitched very well. Butler did it's damage against Katie Warrick in the first couple innings, and then apparently Haff and Hedgcock shut them down. Storms probably isn't pitching this fall as she recovers from surgery on her hip over the late spring.

Razorback softball even tweeted out Haff's stats:

https://twitter.com/razorbacksb/status/918497745710866432

Pretty impressive — while it's against JUCO competition, it's a great beginning to her college career.

Next Friday we play OK State at Bogle, and we conclude the fall Oct 29 at OU in Norman.

WPS!

psycHOGlogist

Oh, at the Butler DH, we also had a top prospect on campus for an unofficial — according to FloSoftball Ally Sockey is the #29 player in the 2021 class, a SS who plays travel ball for Tulsa Elite. Rankings so many years ahead are maybe a little dubious, but obviously she's a very promising young player. I think this was her second trip to campus. Hoping we can close the deal on her.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on October 12, 2017, 11:48:26 pm
Oh, at the Butler DH, we also had a top prospect on campus for an unofficial — according to FloSoftball Ally Sockey is the #29 player in the 2021 class, a SS who plays travel ball for Tulsa Elite. Rankings so many years ahead are maybe a little dubious, but obviously she's a very promising young player. I think this was her second trip to campus. Hoping we can close the deal on her.

Thanks for this update on Sockey and also for the link on Haff.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Softball team made up the Crowder game that got rained out earlier this fall last night. Won 11-0. Warrick started on the mound, followed by Hedgcock and then Haff, for the combined shutout. It was a 10 inning game, and collectively the staff threw 12 Ks. Nice!