Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 11:31:32 pm

Petrino Stuff Should Stop

Started by Roaringboar, September 23, 2017, 10:58:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaringboar

Look, just because there are people out there who can't stand our head coach now and think he should go doesn't mean that we are only wanting him gone because we were huge Petrino supporters. Sure I pulled for Petrino when he was our coach, and do I miss the Petrino era? Heck yeah!!!! Those were some of the best years in Hog History. Not the best, just some of the best. I think it's pathetic that anytime anyone says, "Bilema needs to go, he's not a success here" all of a sudden the Bilema lovers have to go, "You just want Petrino back." No, I admit the guy was a dirt bag and a lowlife, but we need something other than Bilema. But this "You're just a pathetic Petrino supporter" crap should stop already.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

NuttinItUp

We need to get another up-and-comer like Petrino, but just without a propensity for motorcycles or blondes.

Someone who can play-call but can "keep it in his pants" if you will.

Roaringboar

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 23, 2017, 11:00:23 pm
We need to get another up-and-comer like Petrino, but just without a propensity for motorcycles or blondes.

Someone who can play-call but can "keep it in his pants" if you will.

Well, let's face it though, Petrino wasn't some up and comer. We knew he was talented.....It's hard to find that type of talent. I think Les Miles has that type of talent, but knowing Long he'll sit on Bret another two seasons, we'll lose our chance to get someone great like Miles, and we'll be back to where we were in when John L. Smith was the main ball coach.
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

code red

Coach Bielema is a crap recruiter. People keep kidding their selves on here but he's a crap recruiter he never has been and never will be.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 23, 2017, 11:02:13 pm
Well, let's face it though, Petrino wasn't some up and comer. We knew he was talented.....It's hard to find that type of talent. I think Les Miles has that type of talent, but knowing Long he'll sit on Bret another two seasons, we'll lose our chance to get someone great like Miles, and we'll be back to where we were in when John L. Smith was the main ball coach.

Yeah, just an up-and-comer like Petrino, like I said.

code red

Quote from: code red on September 23, 2017, 11:04:14 pm
Coach Bielema is a crap recruiter. People keep kidding their selves on here but he's not a good recruiter he never has been and never will be.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jcbville

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 23, 2017, 10:58:19 pm
Look, just because there are people out there who can't stand our head coach now and think he should go doesn't mean that we are only wanting him gone because we were huge Petrino supporters. Sure I pulled for Petrino when he was our coach, and do I miss the Petrino era? Heck yeah!!!! Those were some of the best years in Hog History. Not the best, just some of the best. I think it's pathetic that anytime anyone says, "Bilema needs to go, he's not a success here" all of a sudden the Bilema lovers have to go, "You just want Petrino back." No, I admit the guy was a dirt bag and a lowlife, but we need something other than Bilema. But this "You're just a pathetic Petrino supporter" crap should stop already.....

Uh I don't know what you're reading but people who don't like CBB bring up CBP constantly. I've never seen anyone say anything about Petrino to someone who wants CBB fired unless they themselves made the comparison back to Petrino. Regardless of your feelings on CBB there are some insane sweet Bobby jesus fanatics here. I wish he'd be left out of every discussion good or bad because at this point he's irrelevant.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 23, 2017, 10:58:19 pm

Thanks for telling everyone what we can and cannot discuss.  What are, a topic cop?   We finally landed an elite coach - probably the best Arkansas will have for a hundred years.  And we lost him because his chick crashed his Harley while he was texting on the back!! 

If you can't understand that people will be talking about that for the rest of our lives... I suggest you move.

HoggyCat

Quote from: code red on September 23, 2017, 11:04:14 pm
Coach Bielema is a crap recruiter. People keep kidding their selves on here but he's a crap recruiter he never has been and never will be.

Nm.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: jcbville on September 23, 2017, 11:09:48 pm
Uh I don't know what you're reading but people who don't like CBB bring up CBP constantly. I've never seen anyone say anything about Petrino to someone who wants CBB fired unless they themselves made the comparison back to Petrino. Regardless of your feelings on CBB there are some insane sweet Bobby jesus fanatics here. I wish he'd be left out of every discussion good or bad because at this point he's irrelevant.

Most are using BP as a reference to what CAN be done in as little as three years here.  He's NOT irrelevant for that very reason.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.