Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Being reported - good news about brown

Started by bythelake, June 23, 2017, 04:49:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bythelake

Per Danny west made acceptable ACT score.  Needs a class in summer school.

WPS.

Seebs

Its summertime so  I hope that is in progress.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

nwahogfan1

Vantage 8 dude

However, based on some of the comments made by The_Boot_stops_here over the past day or so I'm not sure this will necessarily be seen as positive by everyone. ;) :-X :-\

Oklahawg

No need to continue the crap that was in the speculative thread.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HogFoo

I'm on my celly I can't see who this is about.  Butb after seeing about act being passed and seeing the thread yesterday about Montaric I'm going to guess that it's about him and he passed?  Which that is great news!  Btw... how many here switch over to desktop mode as often as possible?  I'll have to do that I guess to be able to read the headline. Dang it
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogFoo on June 23, 2017, 08:11:05 pm
I'm on my celly I can't see who this is about.  Butb after seeing about act being passed and seeing the thread yesterday about Montaric I'm going to guess that it's about him and he passed?  Which that is great news!  Btw... how many here switch over to desktop mode as often as possible?  I'll have to do that I guess to be able to read the headline. Dang it

I always use desktop mode. Mobile is terrible.  If you have an iPhone, you can hold down the refresh button on the top right and it'll pop up a quick option to view it in desktop mode.

HogFoo

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 23, 2017, 08:16:32 pm
I always use desktop mode. Mobile is terrible.  If you have an iPhone, you can hold down the refresh button on the top right and it'll pop up a quick option to view it in desktop mode.
I agree. Android user.  Not a fan of the mobile at all.  Just read it was Brown. That is great news!   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

grayhawg

Quote from: HogFoo on June 23, 2017, 08:24:55 pm
I agree. Android user.  Not a fan of the mobile at all.  Just read it was Brown. That is great news!   
Read reply #4.

theFlyingHog

You're my hero. I've gotten sick of scrolling to the bottom of the page to hit desktop

jgphillips3

Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 23, 2017, 09:01:38 pm
You're my hero. I've gotten sick of scrolling to the bottom of the page to hit desktop

Amen!  I hate having to go to the bottom.

LRHawg

Mother of God! I knew there had to be a trick.

ZERO

My *** just unclenched a significant amount.

Edit: Come on, buthole is somehow censored? I purposely avoided using the a-word for this.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

searkhogfan

OMG,  thank you.   Hated scrolling down almost as much as I hated the mobile

PorkRinds

Even the biggest idiots can be useful at times. I have just proven this to be true.

jgphillips3

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 24, 2017, 10:08:43 am
Even the biggest idiots can be useful at times. I have just proven this to be true.

I used this today.  Thank you again for that freaking awesome tip.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hawgvillain

Not on topic but every time it comes up, everyone seems to universally hate mobile mode (myself included). I don't understand why the admins don't get rid of it.

Sivad

Mobile is terrible.  If you have an iPhone, you can hold down the refresh button on the top right and it'll pop up a quick option to view it in desktop mode.
You are the King of Hogville today for publishing that helpful gem.

The_Boot_stops_here

Fantastic news. Much happier he will be able to honor the UofA LOI rather than the JUCO one. Would have been a big blow.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 23, 2017, 07:13:11 pm
No need to continue the crap that was in the speculative thread.

Unless you "cleaned up" something I missed, that's being pretty dramatic.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 23, 2017, 05:10:36 pm
However, based on some of the comments made by The_Boot_stops_here over the past day or so I'm not sure this will necessarily be seen as positive by everyone. ;) :-X :-\

Elaborate....

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 05:42:08 am
Elaborate....
Very easy: with all the ranting you've done about why Byers wasn't offered by the Hogs and more or less downplaying the reason for our desire for Brown, the explanation is very simple. BTW even if YOU don't get it I'm fairly certain most others who've followed this whole issue most certainly do. Read more......please post FAR less. You'll be doing all of Hogville an incredible favor.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 25, 2017, 10:39:02 am
Very easy: with all the ranting you've done about why Byers wasn't offered by the Hogs and more or less downplaying the reason for our desire for Brown, the explanation is very simple. BTW even if YOU don't get it I'm fairly certain most others who've followed this whole issue most certainly do. Read more......please post FAR less. You'll be doing all of Hogville an incredible favor.

Haha. There's the old Vantage 8 that everyone knows and very few like. The king of rants ranting about what he perceives as someone else ranting. Ironic....

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 12:58:26 pm
Haha. There's the old Vantage 8 that everyone knows and very few like. The king of rants ranting about what he perceives as someone else ranting. Ironic....

Oh...ok....rant less, read more??

The real Hogules

Any idea how high he raised his score? And then my next question is what are the odds that the NCAA kicks out his test score? Was he close to qualifying before on other attempts, but just missed the cutoff?
Does anyone have a clue?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2017, 01:06:21 pm

We agree. Vantage should rant less and read more....it's been awhile since we've been on the same page.

Vantage 8 dude

And quite frankly that makes me feel even better. I would truly worry if I EVER got any endorsement from you. In fact, it strictly validates everything I've said. :) You have a good one, hear ???

Vantage 8 dude

Well I wasn't the one going on and on about your boy Byers not getting (apparently in your mind unjustly) getting an offer from the Hogs. On the other hand, you seemed to wonder why we would have bothered offering Brown. Yep, shows all your brain is in your nether region.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2017, 01:06:21 pm
Rice, perhaps you need to spend more time on the new hedge fund you're creating with ole Bernie, I didn't do a trade for 40 years, Madoff. That should keep you quite busy for a while.  ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 25, 2017, 03:40:57 pm
Rice, perhaps you need to spend more time on the new hedge fund you're creating with ole Bernie, I didn't do a trade for 40 years, Madoff. That should keep you quite busy for a while.  ;)

Nah, it'll sell itself......

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2017, 04:03:41 pm
Nah, it'll sell itself......
Then you'll obviously have no problem deciding how to spend all those ill begotten gains will ya' ??? :D

The_Boot_stops_here

I'm just happy to drive a little discussion around here. Its been pretty boring since signing day. You're welcome.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 05:00:23 pm
I'm just happy to drive a little discussion around here. Its been pretty boring since signing day. You're welcome.
Ah, yes...."happy to drive a little discussion around here". Nice. We're to assume then that you proudly claim total authorship of the "discussion" (rant) entitled "Is Montaric Brown headed to Juco"? dated June 22nd ??? ::) You know: the one that was finally locked by a mod after it became toxic when revealed that he's apparently qualified and NOT, I presume, having to go that direction? You mean the type of Pulitzer Prize winning writing that in the same thread basically questioned why the staff wouldn't instead offer Byers since apparently Brown wasn't going to make it ??? You mean that bit of "journalism/tripe". Yep, I'm sure all of Hogville is immensely grateful for that type of "hard hitting" journalism and await with breathless anticipation your next "exclusive".

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 25, 2017, 05:43:45 pm
Ah, yes...."happy to drive a little discussion around here". Nice. We're to assume then that you proudly claim total authorship of the "discussion" (rant) entitled "Is Montaric Brown headed to Juco"? dated June 22nd ??? ::) You know: the one that was finally locked by a mod after it became toxic when revealed that he's apparently qualified and NOT, I presume, having to go that direction? You mean the type of Pulitzer Prize winning writing that in the same thread basically questioned why the staff wouldn't instead offer Byers since apparently Brown wasn't going to make it ??? You mean that bit of "journalism/tripe". Yep, I'm sure all of Hogville is immensely grateful for that type of "hard hitting" journalism and await with breathless anticipation your next "exclusive".

Another one of your classic rants that rice was referring to. I literally lol'd. Well done.

Vantage 8 dude

June 25, 2017, 06:31:04 pm #35 Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:41:52 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 06:11:43 pm
Another one of your classic rants that rice was referring to. I literally lol'd. Well done.
What's known in the business as an "inconvenient truth". And as for my "rant(s)" please prove that anything I said about your original post concerning Brown's enrollment in JUCO AND the questions you raised about the staff's not going with an offer to Byers versus Brown along with it being closed/locked by a mod is not factual. Funny thing about truth-it keeps getting in the way no matter you might spin it, dodge the issue or try to laugh it off.

One last thing: how about quit using rice as a crutch for any of your cutesy attempts at a retort? At least he and I have built up a friendly adversarial (sometimes) relationship and understanding. You, unfortunately, haven't earned that privilege.  At least try to think for yourself; it might even stimulate the gray matter between your ears.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 25, 2017, 06:31:04 pm
What's known in the business as an "inconvenient truth". And as for my "rant(s)" please prove that anything I said about your original post concerning Brown's enrollment in JUCO AND the questions you raised about the staff's not going with an offer to Byers versus Brown along with it being closed/locked by a mod is not factual. Funny thing about truth-it keeps getting in the way no matter you might spin it, dodge the issue or try to laugh it off.

You see what's going on here don't you?  I mean, surely you do. You're just playing along, right?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 07:42:09 pm
You see what's going on here don't you?  I mean, surely you do. You're just playing along, right?
You honestly still don't get it....sad, sad, sad and pathetic. Keep tryin' though. Even you just might come up with something worthwhile...in about a hundred years.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 25, 2017, 07:46:10 pm
You honestly still don't get it....sad, sad, sad and pathetic. Keep tryin' though. Even you just might come up with something worthwhile...in about a hundred years.

C'mon man. You're going to get this gem thrown in the trash. Then how will everyone know the good news about Montaric Brown?

secneahog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 07:42:09 pm

🤦🏼‍♂️👀
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 07:51:19 pm
C'mon man. You're going to get this gem thrown in the trash. Then how will everyone know the good news about Montaric Brown?

Rivals. 😎
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 07:51:19 pm
Well you certainly should know all about having threads thrown in the trash. As your latest from last week so eloquently proves.  ;) And as far as anyone wanting to really know the truth about Brown it most definitely WON'T be from you.

Vantage 8 dude

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 25, 2017, 07:55:28 pm
Well you certainly should know all about having threads thrown in the trash. As your latest from last week so eloquently proves.  ;) And as far as anyone wanting to really know the truth about Brown it most definitely WON'T be from you.

Which thread are you referring to?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: secneahog on June 25, 2017, 07:54:58 pm
Rivals. 😎

Ha. Nah, we don't need no payboards 'round here! This is where all the insiders hang out

gchamblee

You 2 sound like kids in a car with a broken air conditioner.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: gchamblee on June 25, 2017, 08:04:13 pm
You 2 sound like kids in a car with a broken air conditioner.

Ha. Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 25, 2017, 06:11:43 pm

Umm....maybe I wasn't referring to only his rants?

Seebs

I have always stood by the notion that there are two recruiting milestones. Signing day and first day of practice.  If you do not have both you do not have the player. We will know all in August, anything else is conjecture.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

presidenthog

I'm honestly wondering if Patton will make it to the hill. Even if he does I don't see him breaking the 2 deep at this point.